Isolation Equipment Services Employee Reviews

worst place ever
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 May 2019
Worst management i have ever been seen in the work place. Treat you like garbage and want you to work all the time with no regard for personal life. Can find a much better place to work
field/shop guys are a fantastic group and do look out for one another
VP/ HR Manager - Health/Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB10 February 2019
I enjoyed everything about my time employed there. Was not easy at times, but very rewarding, the biggest reward for me was seeing those boys and the big grey trucks pull into the yard nightly.
Challenging Job for sure
Senior Wellhead Technician (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB19 November 2018
Great place to work. if you like driving truck, running crane, and working with pressure... this is where it happens. The days are very long and working outside is the normal.
Pros
good pay
Cons
lots of paperwork
Good Job Good People
MILLWRIGHT APPRENTICE (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB25 October 2017
Worked there for 3+ years and had an excellent experience, lots to learn and they provide a good work culture, would recommend this job to anyone applying
Great Bonuses
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB3 August 2017
Overall not a bad company to work for but it seems you have to be buddies with all the dispatch guys in the office to get a good solid run of field work.
Good place good people
Field Technician/Class 1 Driver/Well Servicing (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 May 2017
I really did enjoy working for Isolation Equipment Services. The people we good and I learned a lot. I was laid off due to lack of work during break up. Everything was left on good terms and they said they'd call me when things pick up again so we will see if that is true. I respect them for not burning bridges though. Management was good and there seemed to be good communication between everyone. The 16/5 rotation schedule worked for my life and I found a good work/home balance.
Pros
good rotation schedule
Cons
no job security
good place to work if you don't pay attention to all the complaining by other employees
Mechanics Supervisor/Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB21 April 2017
was an excellent place to work when i first started there.
with all the management changes and never knowing from day to day who your boss was going to be, it became very unsettling.
having a boss who knew nothing about trucks was very hard and eventually caused changes to be made in which my position and the work we did was no longer feasible for the company and caused all mechanic to be laid off.
Only good if you are a 'Yes Man' and buddy buddy with current management.
2nd Year Apprentice Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB8 March 2017
Work life balance was great, most of the people working there are good. A change in management occurred 2 years ago and has not been pleasant, a bunch of 'yes men' and you have to be buddy buddy now.
alright place to work. except for management is out of control and aggressive
Heavy Equipment Technician 3rd year apprentice (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB26 January 2017
I enjoyed working there up until the HR lady took over all management including the maintenance division even though she had no clue how to run a maintenance crew.
Awesome atmosphere and awesome people to be with
Shop Hand (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB6 December 2016
All around a great company to be with. Awesome atmosphere and great people who treat you well. A well managed company to say the least.
great
Apprentice Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB18 August 2016
was a good place to work. but i was on a mission to find something more. i wanted to be a mechanic. this job was a tease to what i really wanted to do.
Great Company to work for,
Senior Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB18 November 2015
Learned a lot of information with this company, management was easy to talk to and would help in all ways they could. Had a lot of fun with co workers and enjoyed being promoted to a level two operator teaching new hire the job. safety is a very high priority for management and we strived to always have a safe work environment.
Pros
Great schedual, independant operations a great asset
Cons
Out of town work
Isolation Equipment Services promises high-pay and excellent room to grow.
Well Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB8 October 2015
IES is making continual strides to make safety number one in everything from field operations to their testing facilities. This is a excellent company to work for.
steady company
Valve Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 May 2014
Willing to hire new people to the field and are willing to teach everything needed to know to succeed