iSoftStone Employee Reviews

A typical Outsourcing company in China
Microsoft Software Development Engineer Lead (Former Employee) –  Beijing, China2 July 2018
ISoftStone has a typical Chinese working culture that we can find in many outsourcing companies there. The higher management is always Chinese nationality and foreigners almost never get any chance to promote to management level. It was a good time to work there and collect valuable experience before I step forward in my next job.
Pros
subsidies on lunch, free Gym, quiet working environment
Cons
Internal transfer is complex, no opportunity to grow towards management responsibilites.
Lack of strategy in development
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Hong Kong, HK4 June 2018
This company never reserve its strength to run its own mission. It is only a headhunter workshop. An employee is not considered as a company asset for a long term. It is a short vision.
Pros
some new technoglogies
Cons
unsecured job
Avoid
Software Development Engineer in Test (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WA24 March 2018
There are some nice people working here, but there also are a lot of shallow, arrogant, opportunistic people as well. I was literally hired to be harassed and humiliated based on my perceived LGBT status, and as revenge for setbacks other people had experienced for treating me that way. In reality I have always been celibate, and this company seems to have created its own alternate reality.
Pros
Kirkland office has a good location with a nice view
Cons
Shallow, opportunistic coworkers
Experience Isoftstone
Transcriptrice (Former Employee) –  Montpellier (34)8 March 2018
Ce travail m'a permis de mettre le pied dans le monde de la télécommunication. Un parfait alliage entre technologie et langues étrangères
Pros
travailler à la maison
Cons
aucun contact réel avec les supérieurs ou membres d'équipe
Good folks
Senior Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WA14 November 2017
The company operates in a very dynamic space. I'd say their strength is in software project management, SharePoint and BI.
There are many skilled and smart folks at isoftstone.
Pretty good
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WA9 November 2017
It's a good company. I started as an intern. Slow paced but you can go fast paced if you want. There are lots of opportunities you can learn from. Big consulting company too.
stressful hours,poor salary,learned a lot.
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  成都市12 October 2017
my first project was a open source project, worked with HW engineers in , learned a lot about bigdata such as Hadoop, Spark, Riak;
stressful work hours ,but poor payment ;
almost no corporate culture at all;
Can be good
Web Search Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Hobart TAS17 September 2017
Working from home is the big plus and the pay can be really good sometimes when there is work to do but there is far too little of it. I've made about $550 in three days once and I have also made $0.00 in a few weeks. It is very random and you have to check the UHRS site regularly to make sure you have not missed any jobs. Each project requires a qualification test beforehand. Sometimes they will email about special projects (these usually pay more and are done per hour rather than per judgement). The pay is once a month directly into your bank account. If you need a bit of extra cash it can be good but don't rely on it. The work can be very repetitive and does require some concentration.
Pros
Free time, work from home, pay for some projects, ease of work
Cons
Not enough work, too many low paying projects, email replies can be slow, getting kicked off projects
nice company to work for
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WA10 August 2017
as senior financial analyst, complete and process of month-end close processes, including preparation of Journal Entries, account reconciliations, analysis of general ledger balance reconciliations and accruals. Support and prepare quarterly and year end reports for external audits, including SOX audits using GAAP practices. Review consolidated financial information, analysis the variance and verify balances are correct.
An excellent work environment
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WA26 June 2017
This place has been one of my favorite agencies to work for. The people are friendly, approachable, and seeming happy with the work environment. My team was solid. Smart and easy going folks you would enjoy getting a beer with after work.
Flexible schedule
Independent contractor (Current Employee) –  telecommute3 May 2017
This company encourages working from home. It has enabled me to earn a living from home and provides ample work. I work on a contract basis and have the freedom to take time off.
productive and fun workplace
Transcriber (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester4 March 2017
It was very fun and laid back work for good pay, ideal for students who have other responsibilities, very flexible hours and could also work from home which was a plus, although working at the office was fun too.
Independent contractors Beware!
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Remote15 December 2016
Do NOT work here as a small task independent contractor/ crowdsourcing. They will NOT pay you for your hard work!
They also do not respond to your emails.
Overall A Top Consulting Firm
Sr. Business Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WA9 November 2016
My work experience with ISoftStone was very professional but fun. There was plenty of work/life balance and all colleagues were very supportive of one another. I enjoyed my experience with the firm and still remain friends with many former colleagues.
Excelente trabajo con horarios flexibles
Online Web Evaluator (Former Employee) –  México14 September 2016
Me encantó, cuenta con horarios flexibles, un excelente salario.
Como estudiante era perfecto ya que podía trabajar sin afectar mis estudios.
Pros
Horario flexible, buen salario
Cons
Es por contrato definido
Flexible and interesting work
English Transcriber (Former Employee) –  Welshpool17 August 2016
I worked independently from home online. I transcribed audio clips of people interacting with their mobile devices. I listened to a wide variety of people with different accents.
I learned how to manage and organise my own time efficiently, along with being self-motivated.
I received useful emails on my progress and tips from my managers.
One of the hardest parts of the job was understanding every audio clip, word for word, as some of the audio clips were of bad quality.
One of the highlights of the job was the flexible hours, allowing me to fit it around attending college at the time.
They've been good to me
Web Production | AT&T Developer Program (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WA3 May 2016
I've been with this company for several years and I don't have any real complaints. They have an espresso machine, sodas, beers, a ping pong table, grills, and everyone is pretty laid back. Also, the company has been very good about reimbursing for training. Can't beat that!
Project Employment
Project Content Manager (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WA29 January 2016
As a short-term contractor, my interactions with other employees was minimal. My knowledge of corporate policies was just as minimal.
Avoid. Dreadful. I am still waiting to be paid for work I did over 6 weeks ago.
Transcriber (Former Employee) –  Coventry, ENG15 December 2015
I could describe the poor training, unrealistic expectations and shifting goal posts, but to be honest I can deal with that. It's not getting paid for the many hours of work I have done that really gets to me. I was paid for some of the work I did in October, but when I challenged the amount they did agree that I had been underpaid (I was told I did not need to submit an invoice as they were tracking how many hours I did. In the event I was pleased that I had kept detailed records of what I had done as I needed them). They said they would add the amount I had been underpaid to the next payment. The contract states that transcribers would be paid for the first half of the previous month within 5 days of the 5th of the following month (so within 5 days of the 5th of December I should have been paid for the first half of November). It is now 15th December and I have received no payment for any work done in November or any payment for the underpayment in October. While I was working for them it was very easy to get into contact with them by email (though getting paid correctly was not easy). Immediately the contract ended there has been no contact whatsoever and no-one responds to my emails. Don't waste your time.
Pros
Cons
They don't pay you.
Easy to work with
Web Judging (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW4 December 2015
Easy to work with, good opportunity.
simple online work paid hourly
management was fine to communicate with
no communication to other workers as you work from home
hardest part of the job is keeping your answers consistent and passing random tests
Pros
work from home
Cons
sitting down for long periods of time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at iSoftStone. Our community is ready to answer.