Islington Golf Club Employee Reviews

Good
Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2018
good place to work. typical club. same old same old no matter where you go. beautiful course and patio. staff are young and fun to work with, i worked here for many years.
Fun and I learned a lot
Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 February 2018
Although there was always lots to do and sometimes the days were long the team made it fun, I learned a lot. Front and back were very close. I really enjoyed working here
Pros
Great team, learned a lot
Kitchen is dirty
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 June 2017
Dirty kitchen, with very little care to clean properly at the end of shift. Mediocre food, with a fast paced environment, hard to also maintain a work life balance. Chef and sous chefs are out of touch with food and trends.

I don't recommend this place at all

No pros to working here, way better private clubs out there with better chefs/ food.
Cons
Long hours, lazy cooks, dirty kitchen.
Hreat place to work
Greens lead. Mechanics assistant (Former Employee) –  City of Toronto, ON4 April 2017
Great atmosphere wonderful place to work
Good people
Need equipment and tools updated makes work easier and.less pain.
All around good employer and fun place to make money in the summer
Pros
Free lunches and free play of the course
Cons
N/a
Wonderful Staff!!
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  45 Riverbank Drive16 February 2017
I was a food and beverage supervisor at IGC and loved working with such a great staff. I helped to run all day to day operations and worked in the Catering department as well.

I learned to expect the unexpected when it came to situations pertaining to Catering and Banquets, as in this area of hospitality things can change from minute to minute and you need to learn to change with it and make quick smart decisions on the fly.

The hardest part of my job was helping to run mutable food and beverage outlets while ensuring all of our standards were met at the same time, it was very challenging and rewarding.

What I enjoyed most about working at IGC was the beautiful setting of the Golf Course that I was privileged to see everyday.
Pros
playing golf
Cons
working in the winter months
fantastic position,and the work is engaging and fun.
Manual Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 December 2016
-work is decent length with fun manual labor jobs to complete
- learned how to be efficent with others
-management was fair and likeable
-coworkers are relaxed experience and helpful in helping newcomers likemyself into the enviornment
- hardest part is convincing slackers to not fool around
- most enjoyable aspect is the respect workers have for one another.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2016
This job was physically demanding. It was harder some days than others due to the weather change. But my co-workers made time pass by really quickly.
This placement was an interesting, enjoyable, new experience for me.
Prep Chef, Chef's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2016
Working in the kitchen of Islington Golf Course with all these very intelligent chefs with all this experience was a great experience for me. I loved learning how to cook new foods, and be creative with my orders, discovering new foods, tastes as well as people/chefs I worked for and side by side with.
Everyday I was faced with a new hurdle and overcame it; Such as going to the freezer to find such foods, and not remembering what they looked like or where they'd be placed, and techniques to cutting, or cooking that was difficult to learn for the beginning time I worked there.
Overall, it was an awesome placement !