Island Mix Restaurant and Lounge Employee Reviews

Busy Restaurant
Hostess, Take-out, Server (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON24 January 2018
Island Mix is a busy restaurant that allows for a great deal of learning in a variety of areas of the business. You are expected to pitch in and help where needed.
It a hard environment to be in.
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON6 March 2016
This environment is always busy. Even though there is a lot to do, there is never a dull moment in working here. The staffs are friendly and everyone makes you feel at home. The hardest part of this job is something as simple as miscommunication. It throws you off from getting your daily task completed.
Pros
Free Lunches and Food Discounts
Cons
Long Hours
My work experience
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON1 April 2014
I enjoy working at Island Mix; I am a people centred person, and being able to inetract with the public is what I enjoy doing. I believe in putting a smile on other face ,and making others happy is what I enjoy doing. I believe in making a difference. The staffs there are amazing. What I learn is to have patience with angry customers, how to handle angry customers by listening and offer a sulotion. I also, learn to have a customer relationship with customers and to make them feel comfortable. In addition, I learn to use my team skill that I have, and to expand on my friendly personality. The hardest part of this job is when a customer feel unhappy when they can't be accommodated on really bussy nights because of the long wait for seats; I do not like when customers have to leave when they come for dinner. The most enjoyable part is when customers are happy with the excellent services the restaurant provide.