Average salary$45.87 per hour
Above national average
Salary estimated from 75 employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed in the past 12 months. Last updated: September 6, 2023
Compare all Nurse salaries in Canada
See all Nurse jobs at Island Health
- Staff NurseIsland HealthCampbell River, BC3 days ago
- Staff NurseIsland HealthCampbell River, BC8 hours ago
- Staff NurseIsland HealthCampbell River, BC30+ days ago
- Specialty Nurse - Sponsored Training Opportunities AvailableIsland HealthVictoria, BC30+ days ago
- Staff NurseIsland HealthCampbell River, BC23 days ago
- Staff NurseIsland HealthCampbell River, BC12 days ago
More Island Health Nursing salaries
All Island Health - Nursing salaries
Reviews for Nurse at Island Health
Job work-life balance
Typical day at work
Nurse (Former Employee) - Victoria, BC - 3 October 2018
My Previous viha work place. Typical day at work, usually short one of the only 2 RN's. Usually short at least 1 HCA. Then the robbing peter to pay paul starts. A few floors have a 30+ residents to one Lpn ratio. With 1 RN that can get hectic. Management fails miserably in attempts to have facility fully staffed. Viha staffing obviously has another agenda, other than filling the sick calls that come in many hours before the texts are sent out to casuals or other staff to fill the void. Oh and the best part is now that Viha has came on board there are an abundance of management that work Monday to Friday.
Work short most days. Some 6 day rotations. Very few weekends off.
Was this review helpful?
See all Island Health Nurse reviews