ISL Engineering and Land Services Employee Reviews

A great place for young professionals to work.
Community Engagement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 December 2017
ISL’s employees are dedicated to working hard but also playing hard. The culture of ISL is one I have come to admire and I hope to see this emulated throughout many other workplaces.
Working for ISL has been very rewarding and I’ve mer so many great friends and colleagues working here. I would recommend this company to everyone.
Pros
Great culture, professional and clean office, the people!
Tense, high pressure, environment
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 October 2017
This used to be a great place to work, now it is less so. Staff are tense and unsure, nervous about their continued employment.
Long hours are expected but time off in lieu of overtime does not usually occur due to the high volume work load.
Employees are more concerned with keeping their own position secure than working as a team in some of the departments.
This situation has been encouraged by management in recent months and has allowed the work environment to deteriorate from its previous Number 2 status with the Small Business surveys.
Cons
long hours are requred, life / work balance is less than satisfactory.
A good place to work
Drafting Technologist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2017
I really liked working at ISL. They have a good reputation and do good work. Staff is friendly and professional.

Unfortunately the economy caught up to them after struggling for about a year and a half the tough decision to make some layoffs and I got caught in the net.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
mentoring and guidance need improving
Productive work environment
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton25 August 2015
The work was proposal driven with very busy or slow periods.
Small company of about 350 employees in offices in Western Canada (BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan).
Pros
Company events
Cons
Slow periods
Incredible Company
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, Alberta9 June 2015
I couldn't have asked for a better position, employer or benefits. Had head office decided against our closure, I would still be happily employed with ISL.

Daily duties included everything from contract document creation, answering/directing of calls, tender creation, meeting minutes, records management, billing and so on.

I was challenged daily which enabled me to build my skills dramatically. The most difficult part would have to be having 4 Project Engineers needing my skills all at once. We worked well as a team and never missed a deadline.