Isidore Landscapes

• Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Plenty of work, responsive

So far my experience has been positive. The work can be repetitive, challenging, and dirty. On really busy days, the shift can be long, so there is opportunities for overtime. After proving certain aptitudes, there are chances to advance and specialize in a variety of landscaping divisions. Isidore will recognize a strong work ethic. There’s also been a horticulture workshop which is a good chance to meet other crews. Plus there are incentives for safe work practice and sometimes free seeds for a garden.

Pros

Room to grow, incentives, outdoor office

Cons

Approved only overtime

Isidore is a fast paced work environment that asks a lot but also gives a lot back.

A typical day at work at Isidore starts with a initial team meeting on whatever construction site we’re working on that day. The Supervisor goes over a comprehensive plan for what we have to accomplish that day with individual tasks and goals. Generally tasks are crew based and the work culture is light hearted and satisfying. Sometimes when we are under deadlines supervisors ask us if we can work a little later. Ultimately the decision is up to us and sometimes we’re grateful for the opportunity to bank a little overtime.In my time working at Isidore I’ve realized just how ambitious a company it is. There is endless room for advancement if you are a hardworking motivated person. All supervisors were trained in house which just goes to show how much Isidore values training its people. Because of the high turnover in the construction industry the work culture is very open and accepting of new crew members.

Pros

Lots of room for growth and compensation

Cons

Sometimes overtime is asked of us

Collaborative and Cohesive Team

The culture at Isidore is definitely one which competitors and other organizations in industry can learn from. You are paid fairly, based on performance - so really what you're worth!

Pros

Professional development opportunities, opportunities to diversify skills

Cons

Tons of work available, but more manpower needed!

Productive and rewarding of hard work and expertise.

Senior management team are ethical and approachable with experienced leadership qualities. The company provides a variety of in-house development opportunities.

Pros

Variety

Bad vibes

There were a few things that concerned me that seemed very shady while I was working with this company, which is why I no longer work withing this company.

Good Company with Potential for Advancement

I have been working at Isidore for over a year They are a medium sized company with projects over the lower Mainland Generally, you are staffed at the same site until the project is completed, which is nice. Training is provided by the lead hands and foreman, who do a good job unless they are to overworked or busy with other site priorities The opportunity for advancement is great, as they are always open to pushing people at a fast pace to move ahead to skilled and foreman positions

Pros

Good site staff, pay is good, and company truck is a nice bonus

Cons

More clarity on advancement and wage increases, can sometimes be a heavy workload with long days

Only here because I'm stuck in a work visa application

I've never felt more under appreciated in my life. I could make more money at any other company with my skills but I'm half way through my foreign worker application with them and I'm stuck. This is my second application as HR messed up the first one. They expect too much from you. You go to sleep thinking about work. I'm leaving as soon as my application is approved. Management never tells you you did a good job. It's always just push push push.

Pros

Not a lot of supervision

Cons

A lot of cons

Great workplace

I really enjoy working here. They are a great company with very friendly and helpful workers. I have received on the job training which is really good.

Everyone is overworked and miserable

I would not recommend working here. They constantly overbook themselves out of pure greed and undercut the competition. It’s the staff that end up paying the price with low wages and an overly fast paced environment. Nobody ever tells you that you did a good job, everyone in the office is miserable and spends half their time gossiping. They employ a lot of foreign workers so they can pay them low wages and take advantage of them. HR is clueless and just complains about everything. Most of the management can’t even be bothered to say hello to you. Even the quality of their work is below standard and nothing you can take pride in doing.

Pros

It is hard to get fired since they have more work than they can handle

Cons

Too many to list

Labor intensive, but no worries to take home

Pretty simple job. Go to the site, dig holes, shovel dirt, or whatever task the supervisor gives you. Go home and not worry about work until next time. Will whip you into shape after a few weeks of the job, if you aren't already.

Pros

Stress free

Cons

Labor intensive

Injured, healed, lost position and let go..

Acquired sciatica on the job, employer did not report injury, I did not report injury, was waiting for MSP to kick in. Employer laid me off due to shortage of work, that was inaccurate and false. 4 Months later I am healed and doing better, ready to go back to being an irrigation tech. They tell me there is a position available in labor only, my position was filled. I worked with them for 9 months before my injury and gave my all to that company. They assured me I would return to the same position. They didnt even tell me it was filled, they could have at least called me, so I could search for new work... The management is heartless at Isidore. I had to find out when I reported back that I am ready to work and about to be cleared for work again by the spine clinic. 4 months trying to heal has killed me and the boredom is excruciating. Now I just want to return to the job I love and I get the excuse. The other guy was injured too, so we took a new guy to replace you, and the other guy will be returning soon as well.. Nice I was the muscle and the brains that did all the work, installed all the systems, broke my back for too low of a wage and was subsequently replaced... Thank you Isidore, for teaching me a valuable lesson

Pros

The people who prefer to smoke marijuana at the job have all the ability to do so.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Isidore Landscapes. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Isidore Landscapes