ISCO Industries

ISCO Industries Employee Reviews

Good place to work and enjoyed working there except for a few people that were fake and was always looking to cause drama and stab people in the back.
A company that specializes in HDPE fabrication. Very talented group of people capable of providing quality work. Based in Louisville KY, they have many shops across the US and Canada. Tremendous opportunity of growth and advancement.
decent place to work, but hard to move up in the company. Management lets you take time for family and appointments as needed during the day. Very sales driven, not happy with push back toward that team.
I liked the company and the people. Great work/life balance, compensation, and culture. Good benefits. I would definitely consider working here again, and I left on good terms. I did have two suggestions for areas of improvement. First, make sure that job descriptions are clear. My job description was not well planned; at times, I felt like my superiors did not know what to do with me. Second, the PTO policy is not great. You start off with two weeks per year, and then after three years of service, you get three weeks per year. You don't get another week until you've been there ten years. Most places I have worked at give you four weeks of PTO after being employed for five years. Plus, you are not allowed to roll over any unused PTO at year end, and if you leave the company, you do not get to cash out any unused PTO. Those are not modern, good policies. Otherwise, it's a good company.
This job requires you to operate large pieces of machinery to carry heavy objects and you have to be able to understand blueprint drawings to fabricate structures with HDPE.
Their is a click environment that is alive and well. Management does not support you. If you have a problem, your on your own. They have there favorites. Their word is gold and they can do no wrong. That's a shame!
someone always willing to help just call and someone will answer if not will help you find someone who can. HR and every depart is there for support for you
Great place to work. Family owned company with good values, friendly people and a pleasant work atmosphere. I do wish they had better medical benefits.
One of the many core values is "Have Fun" and ISCO certainly does. Never have I worked for a better company in life. Also great to note another core value is Family Atmosphere. Everyone is happy and positive here. Very drama free and fun to work at. Business Casual attire but I wear my chucks most days.
ISCO is a great family company that values its employees and focus on growth through innovation. ISCO is proud to be a Total Piping Solution company and is recognized in the USA & Canada as well as some international markets.
It can be easy or difficult.it can be relaxing on some days but you more hear about a scoreboard and numbers an going over the time and we do get some holidays off but other then that its a good place to work at,
The Houston plant was seriously shady. The shipping manager even wanted to fight me at one time. Lots of favoritism and no leadership. Good luck to yo
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No leadership. Favoritisms.
start my day by opening the big curtain in the shop walk around and plug all my tools up i learned that the bigger pipe is to catch water if the small pipe on the inside bust managment is ran well and smooth the hardest part of the day is moveing the big pipes and the most enjoyable part of the is lunch n clocking out
Pros
cookout some time
Cons
short breaks
As a former Lead Industrial Maintenance Mechanic with over 30 years of experience in heavy industrial repair, I got little cooperation from existing employees or management from day one when I hired in. This is basically a service writer position and not a supervisor position where you won't get any factory training (all the experienced factory trainers quit) and you really won't have enough time to learn anything. This was not an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic position, it was a medium to light mobile construction equipment mechanic classification. You will be responsible for rental equipment that comes back or goes out. Inventory reports and stocking, Work orders write-ups and parts ordering. Scheduling and tracking of machines on Rental software. Shop gets back charged for machines not check-in in less than 24 hours and equipment breakdowns on the job. All minor repairs, oil, and filters, as well as all fuel filter, changes and clean up and write-ups of all incoming units which can sometimes take hours. Answering emails, phone calls, customers, and headquarters questions, I was ignored, undermined and overruled on many occasions. With their current personnel, I don't see that changing.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Tight time frames, Not a supervisor position, Can't finish in 8 hours, No support
The Baton Rouge plant is a joke. It is ran by a manager that does not know how to manage or how to lead. He has unrealistic expectation of employees.
Pros
It was a good place to work. Good people to work with and the boss was easy to get along with. Everyone always had a good time and got the job done on time.
The work was hard but rewarding. Sometimes I got teamed up with other workers who were less than motivated, which I don't like because I want my work to be good quality. I enjoyed working on the fork lift and they were good about worker safety and training.
I have enjoyed working at ISCO Industries mainly because they have a very friendly crew with a great family atmosphere. Having never attempted high pressure fusion welding, my trainer was very patient and has molded me into a wonderful fabricator.
Pros
Not fast paced or rushed
Cons
Not enough machines for the volume of work, One crane
No clear direction from the management. No on has any authority other than the CEO. Departments have reduced heads yet people are expected to do all the work. Does not value their people
benefits were marginal. departments were not on the same page. no advancement possibilities which made it frustrating to know you were going to do the same thing every day.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
pay, benefits
It is a great place to work whether you are just starting your career or have years of experience. Many opportunities for advancement. Job security depends heavily on oil and gas market which determines how well the industry performs.