ISCO Industries Employee Reviews

Houston Plant The Worse
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX29 January 2019
The Houston plant was seriously shady. The shipping manager even wanted to fight me at one time. Lots of favoritism and no leadership. Good luck to yo
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No leadership. Favoritisms.
High stress, No managment support, Lots of responsibilites no authority
Lead Industrial Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WV23 September 2018
As a former Lead Industrial Maintenance Mechanic with over 30 years of experience in heavy industrial repair, I got little cooperation from existing employees or management from day one when I hired in. This is basically a service writer position and not a supervisor position where you won't get any factory training (all the experienced factory trainers quit) and you really won't have enough time to learn anything. This was not an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic position, it was a medium to light mobile construction equipment mechanic classification. You will be responsible for rental equipment that comes back or goes out. Inventory reports and stocking, Work orders write-ups and parts ordering. Scheduling and tracking of machines on Rental software. Shop gets back charged for machines not check-in in less than 24 hours and equipment breakdowns on the job. All minor repairs, oil, and filters, as well as all fuel filter, changes and clean up and write-ups of all incoming units which can sometimes take hours. Answering emails, phone calls, customers, and headquarters questions, I was ignored, undermined and overruled on many occasions. With their current personnel, I don't see that changing.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Tight time frames, Not a supervisor position, Can't finish in 8 hours, No support
Do not work for Baton Rouge
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LA22 March 2018
The Baton Rouge plant is a joke. It is ran by a manager that does not know how to manage or how to lead. He has unrealistic expectation of employees.
Pros
Fun culture and family oriented
Territory Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY26 July 2016
It is a great place to work whether you are just starting your career or have years of experience. Many opportunities for advancement. Job security depends heavily on oil and gas market which determines how well the industry performs.
Great group of people to work with on a daily basis
Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY17 July 2016
Everyone in my department workedhard everyday to ensure success in customer rentals, technician needs & usage. Our goal was to raise rental use rates, increase internal and external customer satisfaction ratings and cut rental department expenses.
Work long huors
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Henderson, CO19 May 2016
A typical day of work is to prepare a machine ready for rent, take in or ship out product, or parts for broken equipment. Service equipment. My rental equipment rages from a 3 cyl diesel engine to a 5 hp gas motor which operate a fusion machine, also to include manually operated fusion machine
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
a weak medical plan
Extremly family orientated Company
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Horseheads, NY18 March 2016
No day is the same the best part is knowing that you got that customer back up and running. Skills that have been achieved are only by your own drive and mindset.
Pros
Bonuses and also having your achievements being mentioned
Cons
Healthcare
ISCO Culture
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UT23 January 2015
In the short time I was with this company, I learned that training is according to each yard location. Do not expect conformity or standards of practice. This company lacks leadership, my manager could not support my progress because he was in charge of 10 other shipping yards and each yard with 5 - 10 employees. The company has horrible health benefits and lack pay scale. Sales and customer service take priority over safety and operations.
Pros
Lots of Overtime
Cons
lack luster management teams
Fun Spot to work.
Machine Operator/maintenance worker (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CA12 January 2015
Grab orders for the day. Set up my machine. Run the amount of pipes ordered. Co-workers were very helpful. The heat was the hardest part of the job. Unloaded and loaded trucks as needed.
Pros
Everyone enjoyed working with each other
Cons
no job security
Great place to start a career
Plant/Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL.5 December 2013
There is no typical day at ISCO, that i the great thing about the company.
Pros
Salary