IRVING TISSUE

IRVING TISSUE Employee Reviews

was just a summer student but enjoyed my time with irving and the guys that worked there. Clean work environment compared to other mills and safety is a big thing
Billionaire Robert Irving roams the new loading dock floor at 7am Saturday mornings (with no safety gear on) yelling at workers who are stacking boxes for minimum wage..... that should tell you all you need to know.....
Pros
Minimum wage, 30+ hours a week
Cons
Exploited
This company is about average in salary and benefits compared to others in the same industry. People are friendly. Way too much politics and favoritism.
nice work invironment i've learn opration 4 fork cuonter balance well manage company friendly and fair stocking tissue materials receiving and shipping
Pros
overtime pay
Cons
short hour
OK benefits. What's great about the benefits is the company matched RRSP contribution. Higher than average pay comes with higher expectations. Be prepared to be dedicated to your job.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Rotating schedule
The only shifts offered are twelve hour shifts, gets boring doing the same thing over and over but thats to be expected of a factory manual labor job.
Loud machinery. Employee safety was always a priority. Employees themselves were often unpleasant and arrogant. Lots of BS workplace politics were always being played.
It was a nice place to work everyone was friendly, I worked there for a year to date until I had an accident and had to be out of work for a month. The manager didn't like that and let me go, said I should of been more carful and prevent the accident. But we all know that's impossible .
excellent pay excellent benefits friendly employees great supervisors easy fun work great products excellent company
Pros
free products to take home and cheap to by
Cons
12 hr shifts rotating
I pack boxes to be delivered across Canada. i lifted heavy weight and the employees were friendly in this setting. Work is done under pression
I learned how to work more efficiently with excel and power point. I learned how to work with Moxie. Management was wonderful with giving pointers & co-workers were the best to work with. I enjoyed the constant laughter and communication with the staff.
Pros
Positive environment
Tout entreprise par sa politique interne a le but de vous faire travailler pour qu'il puisse atteindre son objectif. Notre mission est d'aide les entreprises pour son développement et des épanouir dans son environnement .nous cherchons un très bon climat envers nos collègues du travail.
Pros
les heures de pose sont payé
Train, supervise and motivate new and junior staff. Set-up, operate and maintain production machinery in a safe and efficient manner. Assemble and hand finished various products
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Shift Work
My typical day (or night as it was a job that circulated between night and day shifts with a three day break in-between) started with pulling on my work uniform and steel-toed boots and putting on ear and eye protection. I would then go to the supervisor to card in (time of arrival) and find out on which of the four machines I would start on that day.Every hour we'd moved to another machine: the line is where the facial tissue was unrolled and cut (job was to supervise paper and rolls and to fix machine and feed in paper when the paper broke). On the Jones, a machine that filled cartons with facial tissue, you needed to make sure that there was a never ending supply of cartons as well as monitoring the machine for any blockage and other problems. There were two case packers - machines that put the filled cartons from Jones into large cardboard boxes for shipping. Again, the job was to feed in a never ending supply of boxes and fix any problems that arose. Part of this section of the job was doing quality checks to ensure that the facial tissue, cartons, and boxes were within parameters set by the company. The last part of the job was readying large rolls of paper for the line to push in once the other roll ran out of material. This cycle continued for twelve hours straight.While working at Irving Tissue I learned the value of hard work and how to fix machines (at least the ones I was working with). I learned that my responsible nature and quick problem-solving skills were true assets when it came to fixing problems and that asking for help when it is necessary is not easy - more...
Pros
got fit, good money
Cons
long hours, no vacation, long periods of isolation
Worked as direct supervisor and time was spent daily to create empowerment and responsibility. I swicted back and forth between shifts and during days when not covering shift project work with union crews and staff were completed. Trained in Six Sigma and completed green belt with a mixed team.
Good people to work with, but poor management. Most day involve eleven hours of standing on cement floors. No chairs allowed.
Monthly preventative maintenance, continuous improvement, electrical and instrumentation, loop tuning, process improvement, diagnose failures, root cause analysis. Excellent co-workers, always willing to lend a hand, learned a broad area of electrical and instrumentation.
I'm a forklift operator at irving tissue, We product and manufacture the royal toilet paper and other products,
Pros
easy going
Cons
politices