Irving Oil Management reviews

best 13 years of my life
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB19 January 2018
I learned so much about job ethic, workplace moral, and how to meet deadlines...and work efficiently. I only left because the current management made my life quite unbearable when I came back from Mat Leave. If I could go back, I would.
Pros
Best job I ever had
Cons
Sometimes Management feel like they are God
great atmosphere
Fuel Hauler (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NB21 October 2017
awesome place to work, management is very approachable any time of day or night. Equiptment is kept up above industry standards and the co workers are very respectful of one another.
Fantastic Employer
Fuel Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB20 November 2016
With Irving Oil I was respossible for the safe delivery of fuel to commercial customers,
The hardest part of my day would have to be in the winter months, driving in bad weather
Irving Oil is a safety first company and left the decission to the driver as to go or not with no repercussions
Management and dispatch were great
Quality Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada19 November 2016
Quality Systems Specialist in the Quality Assurance group within the Oil Refinery. Creation of documentation for ISO 9001 Quality Management system; Creation, upkeep and control of Policies, Standards, Procedures, forms, Tables, etc. General document writer, maintain website, data acquisition and analysis, scorecard and reporting to upper management, and audit program manager.
Pros
Excellent healthcare plan, gym use
Cons
Result-driven on-time culture
Fair and equitable employer.
Technical Data Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB17 November 2016
Management was fair, honest, respectful. Employee input was encouraged and training ongoing. Diligence and hard work always appreciated. The groups I worked with were team oriented and supportive of other departments goals and initiatives. Management strived to maintain open and honest communications.
Pros
Good benefits, employee appreciation events, supportive attitude towards family and personal needs.
Cons
Low opportunity for job transfers.
I've had better jobs
Irving aviation (Former Employee) –  St. John's19 July 2016
I worked at Irving for years. I loved the job, adored my coworkers but found getting a day off was very hard. I work to live I don't live to work. I found management very unaccommodating even though there was other people in the office who could do my job(and were more then willing, because again my coworkers were amazing people) we couldn't switch, cover a shift for someone or ask for a day off. I feel that she was saying no just because she could. I now work for a new company doing the same job and I couldn't be happier while I miss my coworkers(friends) I still do see them outside of work and talk to them daily I wish everyone the best.
I wish it was different but that's life
Pros
Amazing coworkers, great pay
Cons
Long hours, overnights
Position created to take control of staff after management left for day
Night Shift Lead/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS15 April 2016
Very easy to work at this site with the management at the time.

I worked out so well that when other sites had managers that wanted some time off, I would be transferred over to those sites for a couple days to give those managers a break.

I was first person the manager would call if someone was unable to work a shift. This caused me to work a double shift on a day very regularly basis. There was a month that I made higher on my pay more than the manager, because I ended up in OT a lot.
Pros
Very easy to show your positive assets for the company.
Cons
Other staff tend to dump their responsibilities on to you.
Your a robot, not a human.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB30 November 2015
Great Pay, loved the customers, but hated the hierarchy and the massive amount of reliance on the food chain. If someone above you in the food chain does not like you, you will defiantly hear about it.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hierchy
A learning experience in customer relations.
Mystery Shopper (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 October 2015
As a first part time job I gained much experience in customer service and the importance of good communication skills between management and employee.
Fast paced environment where you learn something new every day
Credit Management Associate and Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Saint John NB14 April 2015
a fast paced environment where I learned to work with difficult customers, help customers with repayment arrangements.

Hardest part of my job was when I was a Team Lead, always found it hard to do reviews as direct reports don't always accept feedback.

Most enjoyable part of my job was making my customers feel like they found resolution to their issues.
Management is like all other places, they all have different management technique, it was just something I had to adjust to.

I got along great with my co-workers and am still in contact even though I am not there anymore.
Pros
great fitness plan, free coffee, benefits, bonuses
Cons
no parking
fun working environment
cashier (Former Employee) –  Oromocto, NB17 February 2014
I loved working here, i had lots of regular customers that would come in everyday to see me and have coffee, Managment was amazing they understood how a store should be run and did it smoothly,
Pros
great hours, great management
Cons
poor salary
I worked for The subway section of Irving Oil
subway (Former Employee) –  Shelburne, NS21 November 2013
I worked for The subway section of Irving Oil.
A typical day was busy by rewarding. Time flies when you are busy,
Management was alright however I didn't like the fact you didn't go home with tips, but at the end of the month you went home with Irving gift certificates. I loved the employees I worked with, and the schedule I had. I enjoyed the customers talking, and the one lady who said she likes to see people cleaning the tables because it reassures her that it is clean.
Pros
A great work experience.
Cons
Being able to work with customers who are ignorant. ( Its a self control thing, just smile and bare it and you are okay)