Irving Oil

Irving Oil Employee Reviews for Truck Driver

Truck Driver5 reviews
Canada5 reviews
I was one of the first 8 that was hired here and was a great experience until they started hired no nothing's and becoming your supervisor and start making your job that much harder by changing the way you always done thing for years as a driver and starting doing check list for things that didn't make sense, seemed like they were always trying to set you up for failure and then just let you go for no reason but they did pay a severance package. Since when I was hired on, I've heard this place went downhill fast and going through people left and right because they treat you like a kids on how to do your job. They famous saying is "pilots do check lists.. so that is why we have check lists for everything" suprising they dont have a check list for you to do to the restroom.
Ok at best. They amount of money they pay and what they expect ar not at all in line with each other.
Better Management's not a bad idea . Better pay would help the drivers wanna do more. And not worrie about other peoples work load. It's like your punished for doing your job efficiently as a driver especially back shift. We all have to do are work . Not the other drivers work as well.
It would be the perfect job juste paid the OT it's that simple and let the driver drive. Management should listen to the experience driver and not the clerk.
Thus is not hard work. Pretty laid back Saftey is a big deal. If the roads aren't safe. Get off them. No questions asked. Still get paid for the entire shift. Mostly driving. Got maybe a total of a half hour work all shift. Lots of complainers. But they don't know any better. Go work for Sysco!
Pros
Laid back atmosphere. Nobody rushing you
Cons
Shift work
With Irving Oil I was respossible for the safe delivery of fuel to commercial customers,
The hardest part of my day would have to be in the winter months, driving in bad weather

Irving Oil is a safety first company and left the decission to the driver as to go or not with no repercussions

Management and dispatch were great