Irving Oil

Irving Oil Employee Reviews in St. John's, NL

St. John's, NL3 reviews
company support employees to build there career.
open communication culture, managing operation budget. online courses available, regular meeting to report on the status and improvements.
Pros
supporting culture
Cons
Work was always exciting, and company culture was great. The company really cares for and values its workers. Job expectations were reasonable, seldomly having to work past regular hours (however, overtime is available).
I worked at Irving for years. I loved the job, adored my coworkers but found getting a day off was very hard. I work to live I don't live to work. I found management very unaccommodating even though there was other people in the office who could do my job(and were more then willing, because again my coworkers were amazing people) we couldn't switch, cover a shift for someone or ask for a day off. I feel that she was saying no just because she could. I now work for a new company doing the same job and I couldn't be happier while I miss my coworkers(friends) I still do see them outside of work and talk to them daily I wish everyone the best.
I wish it was different but that's life
Pros
Amazing coworkers, great pay
Cons
Long hours, overnights