Irving Oil

Irving Oil Employee Reviews in Halifax, NS

Halifax, NS5 reviews
Really liked working there. Good group of people. Learned many a new skills and made some good friends. Would definitely recommend to work there for anyone who is looking for security
The benefits and wages were fair except for when it came to raises. Depending on the position you held if you needed to talk to management about anything it was rushed and unprofessional. They talk a lot about safety but when it came to getting the job done if pressed for time getting the job done was more important then safety.
Pros
Bucket of Chicken
Cons
Long hours, safety issues, professionalism
The management is very good, and you learn a lot. people are always willing to teach you. It is a family like workplace. The management was very good about working around you and your obligations.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
non consent hours
Very easy to work at this site with the management at the time.

I worked out so well that when other sites had managers that wanted some time off, I would be transferred over to those sites for a couple days to give those managers a break.

I was first person the manager would call if someone was unable to work a shift. This caused me to work a double shift on a day very regularly basis. There was a month that I made higher on my pay more than the manager, because I ended up in OT a lot.
Pros
Very easy to show your positive assets for the company.
Cons
Other staff tend to dump their responsibilities on to you.
As a first part time job I gained much experience in customer service and the importance of good communication skills between management and employee.