Ironclad Developments Inc

Ironclad Developments Inc Reviews

Canada23 reviews

Great Place to work

I am not sure where some of the negative reviews are coming from , possibly one or two disgruntled people, this company is a fast paced , challenging , results driven place to work, and hard work is rewarded. I work with a strong team of people that I respect. Are there difficulties? Sure. Difference of opinion? Sure. Challenges that arise due to a strong growth plan and the resulting growing pains? Yes, at times. But at the end of the day , this a very skilled and competent, hardworking team that is doing great things in the industry. I am proud to be part of it. Ownership are good , honest hardworking people.

Pros

Growing company so plenty of opportunity to advance

Cons

Growing company can mean growing pains. All just challenges to overcome as a team.

Some issues need to be addressed

I was very excited when I first began my career with Ironclad, they knew how to 'sell' the company. I quickly realized that I had been misled. In speaking with other colleagues that have now moved on, I found that I was not the only one. Unfortunately no one seems to be on the same page when it comes to the vision in any department. People who are considered 'senior staff' have been there for sometimes less than a year and maximum 3 years and have had no formal training themselves. It is strongly a fear based culture where it is do what we say (as confusing as instructions might be) or leave. There is a strong sense of feeling under appreciated in all departments and a general lack of training through out the company. I hope they can get things on track so they can retain some of the really great people they are able to convince to work there.

Insights into Ironclad Developments Inc

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Clear sense of purpose

Unfair treatment.

As a company that speaks so highly of mental health they clearly do not understand what it is like to struggle. They don't train and expect you to know what is going on. Supervisors always need to be better than you and if you ask for help, you will get fired.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

long hours irresponsible management no training

Lots of growing up to do

This company used to be good to work for (before they brought in the “corporate” culture). There are many material perks for working here.. cups, pins, jackets, gift cards, contests, etc. However, the unwritten expectation to “always be on” is extremely taxing and draining on your mental health. Unfortunately, there is no training so you’re left to your own devices to either sink or swim. HR can be very dismissive when dealing with staff and unresponsive to certain requests. There are good department managers here that try their best to keep their teams balanced to avoid burnout, but unfortunately, staff can be put in very challenging situations and left with no choice but to “work until it’s done.” There is a lot of fear mongering here - mainly related to staff being afraid to reach out to HR because they don’t want to be “seen as a problem.” Very high staff turnover, with many good people leaving due to burnout or lack of flexibility (hybrid work environment).The company as a whole (policy wise, workload wise, training wise, process wise) still has a lot of work to do. However, the employees in each production department are very talented and hard working people that are currently working towards improving these things. Growth isn’t a straight line and can be messy - so perhaps when all the kinks are worked out, Ironclad as a whole will be a well-oiled machine.

Great company

I've been involved in the construction world for years with various companies both in the private and public sectors. Ironclad has by far been the best company I've been with. The company is growing in leaps and bounds which is exciting to be a part of. The people I work with are all easy to get along with and we do what we can to help each other out. The owners treat everyone with respect and are very generous in giving back to the employees. The only negative I can think of is the push to get projects going without having proper drawings and design completed. This leads to frustration sometimes but hopefully this will improve as the company grows and implements better processes.

Pros

People, variety of projects across Canada, employee perks

Cons

Construction vs design. As mentioned, lack of design and push to get construction done results in conflict.

Great place to work and grow if you work hard

I have been working at ICD for nearly 2 years now. Overall it is a great work environment. It is a young company growing extremely fast so there is growing pains for sure, but that is hard to avoid. There is room to learn new skills in many different departments if desired.If you put in the work to improve the company and help it grow, there is room for advancement. Upper management is great and they pay close attention. On the flip side, if you are just there for a paycheck don't expect much.

Pros

Free lunches, company apparel, work events, affordable benefits, workwear vouchers, free coffee/tea, modern clean offices and equipment, good work life balance

Cons

ongoing changes to processes can be cumbersome, departments are very silo'd which can make collaboration difficult and limit what you can learn

Favoritism

Doesn't matter if you are good worker and have good work ethics if management or even a supervisor doesn't like you by your personality by your pov you are fired.

Pros

Free lunch on Fridays only in ads

Cons

Poor salaries

Wouldn’t recommend

Covid knocked Ironclad off its feet. The company is not what it used to be even a year ago. When I started in mid 2019, the work environment was fun and challenging. Everyone had high spirits and seemed to love their work. In late 2019 things turned for the worse. Every week features random firings and employee resignations. HR is impossible to get a hold of even if you work at head office. I do not enjoy working here and neither do any of my colleagues. The owners are very nice and appreciative people but I think they lost track of what made the company a fulfilling place to work.

Pros

Lax work environment, no dress code, hands off management

Cons

No progression, low salary, expensive benefits, hands off management

Poor management

The management for this company is in Winnipeg. It’s difficult to get the support you need here in a timely manner.Overall you could succeed here and be happy if you just put in your hours and don’t get too involved in the management area. You need to make due with what you have and be good at making your own decisions.You also need to work hard for your raises, starting salaries are lower than many other construction companies and probation is 6 months.

Pros

Owner is very nice

Cons

Head office is out of town

Must read

I suspect that the company is writing their own reviews on this page. It is a well known fact within the company that there are two misogynistic bullies that walk around harrassing everybody. The culture in the office is down right shameful as the owner knows this but does nothing. Get into the 20th century ironclad!

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Harrassment, hr has little power, very toxic work environment

Excellent work place and awesome management

I can only say that ironclad is family not a workplace to work, lovely people and management welcomes your thoughts, visions and endorse it. Never had any problems with any peers and everyone helps everybody.

Waste of time

Poor management wastes much of the employees time. Lack of planning makes workers rush to fulfill deadlines and not allowing for time to properly complete jobs. Management is disrespectful and undermines employee confidence. Massive pay problems including lack of raises for more responsibility and even changing hours on time cards! Don't waste your time or efforts with this company.

Not appreciation

Not a bad place to gain some experience but they take advantage of people by giving them multiple jobs and responsibility but no advance in pay. They did not have any respect for new or inexperienced workers. Get Er done attitude.

Get everything in writing

The crews you work with are great people, doing the best they can with what they are provided. However management is another story. too many day labourers are used regularly as 'skilled' tradesmen with apprentice or journeymen overseeing them. Promised promotions, raises and benefits need to be continually followed up on taking months to finally get. Jobsites regularly are well under way before actual blueprints arrive on site causing lots of issues. Company events are frequent and entertaining, but end in watching the senior management being completely intoxicated

Employees are treated with respect and valued immensely

I've worked for over 10 companies and let me tell you there is no company quite like Ironclad. Employees are treated with respect and valued immensely. Loyalty is paid back ten fold through the company's generous profit sharing program. The company also has a communal fridge and cupboards full of food, and a kitchen staff that serves hot lunches everyday all of these perks at no extra cost to the employee. This is just the tip of the iceberg for all the perks working at Ironclad provides. If you get the opportunity to work here you must take it!

Pros

Free Lunches

Growing Company with Opportunity for Advancement

I've been working for IronClad for over 3 years and the company has grown leaps and bounds and is one of the fastest growing organizations in Canada. The owners continually show their appreciation for employees whether it be thru company events, lunches provided during the week, benefits and profit sharing and being recognized for a job well done. They are open to your ideas and thoughts and value their employees at every level. No workplace is perfect but each department strives to work well with each other. You do feel like part of a family working here where we are all working toward the same goals. We love to laugh and it's quite exciting to be constantly learning, adding to your skill set and traveling to new markets. If you are looking for more than just a "job" and want to see growth in your skills and career, IronClad may be the place for you. I'm excited to see where we will be in even a year from now!!!

Pros

Work with a Superior Product, Family environment, daily lunches, staff events, opportunity to advance within company

Amazing people, awesome management

This company is filled with uplifting staff. The management makes you feel like you’re apart of one big family. HR values your opinion and makes sure your voice is heard, you are validated within their department. You feel appreciated and they do awesome things for their staff. On your birthday you receive a cake and a card, the benefits are awesome! They are always thinking of the less fortunate, with shoeboxes to raising money for Siloam mission, or giving back to the people. They always have such a big heart for the ‘underdog’. They have great managers and the staff is welcoming. The interview process was absolutely professional. HR makes sure you are comfortable before they begin. The environment is awesome and the atmosphere is great.

Pros

Great wages, benefits, uplifting environment, family-owned, good morals

Cons

Productive work environment. Happy and uplifting environment.

Ironclad Developments Inc. is a great family owned business. The owners are respectful and value each and everyone of their employees. Whenever there is an issue it is dealt with in a very good manner, fast and your opinion is definitely respected within this company. You are heard and valued with Ironclad Developments Inc. They do a lot for the less fortunate and give back to the people.

Pros

Happy people, wonderful manangers, great productive working environment, very encouraging and respectful

Cons

Nothing.

Great Company

I'm also very surprised with the reviews this company has been given. I've been in an office environment for 12 years and have been at Ironclad a year now and it's been the best company I've worked for. I always feel valued and my hard work is always appreciated. The recognition that the employers give their employees is above average. They give cakes and cards to each employee on their Birthday. I feel the management and CEO are always in tune and care for the well being of each of their employees. They have a free lunch program Mon-Fri. (No charge to the employee) They have multiple events during the year to recognize hard work. And I should also mention the great benefit package, mileage reimbursement, and RRSP program. I find it to be a very good team atmosphere! Even know the there is growth, the company still upholds it's family oriented culture.

Pros

Great Work Culture

A great place to work

I am surprised by some of the reviews. I have worked at Ironclad for 2 years and can not say enough positive things about this company. I have been in the workforce for 23 years and have a lot of experience with a wide variety of companies, Ironclad is definitely at the top. They are a newer company and I hope they keep the family-oriented focus. As one reviewer mentioned, there is office gossip from time to time but at what workplace is there not? If management catches wind of gossip, they are quick to intervene and fix it. I plan to work here for many more years to come.

Pros

Free Lunch, Family-Oriented

Overall the company is disorganized. Company is still very young.

Ironclad Developments is a family start up business. Good christians with great values that offer excellent culture of family. They believe in helping the less fortunate.

Pros

Pay is good for labourer. Expect lower for office professional.

Cons

Too much backstabbing and politics. Too many bosses. Too much gossip.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ironclad Developments Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement