Iron Horse Security Employee Reviews

Great work place, relaxed atmosphere
Mobile Patrol Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 January 2018
The management was always on top of things, never had issues with scheduling, and they were understanding if unable to make a shift. Salary was good along with the overtime. Guards were very professional and well trained and equipped to do their jobs.
Pros
Christmas parties
good experince
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2018
I liked the training , they helped me with getting my license and gave me a job right after. the lady in the office is very helpful and gives you shifts according to your availability.
Pros
i liked wokring there
Good work life balance
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON18 June 2018
Flexible hours, good pay .
I learned to overlook the security of a food production plant during night shifts.
I was a great experience.
The management was good.
Average security company
Security / Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2018
Nothing special about this company. The training is average. The sites you work for are average & the management is average. Not awful by any means but not an amazing experience.
Temp Job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 April 2017
This is a minimum wage as a security guard. I was employed here during my time in University. It does not have much of a job culture as the security guard are spread all over Ottawa. There is no interaction with management as again the employees are spread out all over Ottawa without any central meet point or reason. It is a job most people in between their other jobs
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low wage, no benefits, no using skills are gained
solid work place, great opportunity.
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2018
At Iron horse i was given the opportunity to grow and gradually work my way up from a part time position to ultimately being a security supervisor of a n upscale condominium.
Job Advancement, Co workers, Good experience
Dispatch Coordinator / Mobile Response Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 February 2015
I began working with Iron Horse during my second year of university. The job allowed me to pick and choose between temp security job locations throughout the Ottawa region. They were very flexible and offered more or less work depending on school load (midterms and exams). For this reason I was loyal to them and continued to work throughout the company in various positions. The next position held was a mobile officer, then promoted to a mobile supervisor which entailed training front line security staff at multiple locations, training mobile staff and helping with office staff. From their they offered me a position as a communications officer, behind the scenes work such as resource allocations, resource management, staffing sites, directing training notes and site specifications. It was at this point in time that I exhausted that job position and moved on to more specialized work for my related degree. Iron horse offered great opportunities and encouraged advancement to those who showed willingness and hard work. I am grateful for their keen eye of great employees and the opportunity to learn and advance myself into the security industry. I am now in the aviation security industry and advise all security personnel to get as much as they can from each place of work, good or bad. Everything is a learn opportunity.
Pros
Experience, Advancement, co-workers
Cons
Salary
ok company to work for
Mobile Quality Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 March 2017
not much to say... salary could have been better for what they wanted us to do however there are much worse security companies to work for out there. somewhere to get your feet wet.
very productive and energetic with always a smile
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  quaywest15 November 2017
work place was very interesting and charming to be working, coworkers always on time and always whiling to step up to help . typical day at work , make sure all duties were completed in order and al reports . the hardest part was dealing with the company as they never suport workers .
Extremely Terrible Company - Terrible Management and VP
Front Desk Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 July 2017
The management and the operations manager were just terrible, unprofessional, incompetent, and the VP of the company is even worse. The course is a rip-off, the guards are slacking and unprofessional, and the sites are rarely ever nice. Iron Horse in Ottawa is amazing, but in Toronto it is absolutely terrible.
strict work
security officer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 July 2013
My Duties:

1. Patrols offices, buildings to prevent theft or dam┬Čage to property, equipment, tools, and supplies.

2. Patrols a prescribed area on an installation to check the status of locks, alarms, fences, gates, or other barriers.

3. Patrols installation perimeters to detect faulty fences and/or detection equipment, trespassing violations, and attempted thefts.

4. Controls personnel access by monitoring the identification of individuals en┬Čtering controlled areas.

5. Refers persons who lack proper credentials to a control point to arrange ac-cess.

6. Performs related duties as assigned.
Pros
night shift
Cons
medium hours
Alert and interesting
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 July 2013
A typical night at work would be quiet, and boring.
I learned nothing
I got along well with management and co workers.
The hardest part of the job is staying awake during the night, and sleeping during the day.
The most enjoyable part of the job, is knowing that you helped fellow citizens.
Pros
got to wear a uniform
Cons
nothing to do, and trying to stay awake at night
Nice Company, Fine Training
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 December 2016
I trained with them, nice people, nice staff, good contracts
of approaches to people development, such as performance assessments, administrative policies and procedures, motivate and
Under the direction of the Supervisor, the Electronic Technician shall inspect, diagnose and repair Olympus and related electronic products using a variIdentify and dispatch guards in response to requests for ad hoc services, stand-downs, temporary work from
opurtunity to meet a variety of people and assist in helping them find work.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Down town toronto25 September 2012
Typical day day at Iron Horse would be answering incoming call regarding status on work placement, scheduling interview times for potential students, data entry of test marks, personal information, filing and printing of student certificates.
Pros
meeting a variety of people with different backgrounds and stories. helping people find work.
Cons
work location
This place is not good
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2017
This place is the biggest waste of time in the world, they cheat you with a bunch of extra fees and the instructor is fat. He does not care about you and only wants the money.
productive and well managed
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2013
The typical day at work would to be keep a visual survenillence on the job site and make sure nothing goes missing. One of the most important thing I learned as a security gaurd is to be knowlegeable of all your job site surroundings and know them very well.
Some location are crazy busy and few are quiet
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON20 October 2016
They are not that bad, but there locations are very far and some places are crazy busy that a security guard can't sit in the 8 hours shift, but few locations are very quiet that is awesome.
The manager kept on pressuring to take shifts
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 August 2015
The places were good to work at, however the shift manager kept pushing me off limits to work till 2 am at night and had no where to find a transit.
Badly organized
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa17 October 2014
Iron Horses inability to provide back-up for it's guards made this job one of the least pleasant ones I've had in 20 years.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
the job