IRISNDT Employee Reviews

Best in Industry
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 August 2019
Best NDT / Inspection company I've worked with. Management is always friendly and most of the time will give you exactly what you need to accomplish the job well.
Sometimes there are some issues with communication. Clients at head office talking to dispatch, dispatch talking to the techs, techs talking to site contacts, it can become a big game of telephone that can be a bit frustrating but overall it's a great company to work with.
Worst Rope Company Ive worked for
Rope Access Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 August 2019
Management promises fall short. Never had a full work week. Very clique crew, if your not in that circle your treated like a pawn. Dangerous use of rope access equipment; leaving harnesses in unsecured buildings in puddles of water/acid is a good example. Wrongful dissmissal followed by over exaggerated claims to E.I. to try to screw me out of any income, almost lost everything because of these dudes. Stay clear.
Worst company I’ve ever worked for
Stand in (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 April 2019
The “management “ have no organization skills there’s no communication between any of the staff.They will promise you anything to get you to work for them,if you ask for PPE it’s like you asked for their first born.They never have enough rope gear to do the job safely,they make you sit at home a lot as in there words they wouldn’t guarantee 40hrs even though the one clown said he would give you 50hrs.They bid jobs with no idea how to bid them and expect you to get them out of the hole,the management has no people skills they treat you like the dirt on there’s shoe most of the people who work for them complain about them most days.In winter your told to work harder if your cold and at there other job most staff sleep or spend time between the office and the smoke pit also they have some good truck level 3s who play games on there phones instead of rigging ropes correctly
Pros
Tim hortons
Cons
This place is a joke from top to bottom ego ran
Terrible place to work
Journeyman Insulator IRATA Level 1 (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 April 2019
This is by far the worst place to work and quite possibly the worst job I’ve ever had. They give you nothing but broken promises and leads on upcoming work just to keep you around. You can’t even get a full work week in without being given a day off. The supervision is very very weak and inexperienced with little to no direction as to what is going on. The atmosphere at Iris is very clique and if you’re not one of the family buddies or NDT then you don’t matter. The pay period is usually wrong and often missing several hours. Anyone thinking about working with this company I highly recommend you go elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
Poor supervision, incorrect pay, broken promises, zero structure
productive and fun
Non-Destructive Testing (Former Employee) –  Calgary10 October 2018
It was an amazing environment to work in. The schedule was regular, ,i have learned a lot and the staff was very friendly. I enjoyed my time working at IRISNDT.
Great place to work!
Rope Access Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 February 2018
If you reside in Edmonton, this is a great company to work for. Big company with a small company feel. Truly enjoyed working with everyone, from top to bottom.
Work for someone else
X ray tech (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 December 2017
My timesheets were altered on a daily basis to benefit the company. I was expected to xray for shop rate and travel for free. If i charged any ot it was a hassle and ot meals were never paid. Very poor management and was told all kinds of things that never happened. Work for someone else as this place will not feed your family.
Pros
Cons
Read above
E.I.T. experience
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 February 2017
Poor infrastructure willing to lay off or cut hours to meet numbers.
No real opportunity to grow and no real training or mentorship available.

Probably not a good starting point of your career.
Pros
Being a consulting company, you get some diversity in projects
Cons
see review
Don't Bother/Find Somthing Else
NDT Tech (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 June 2016
You can do better than working with these guys. I worked for them for 4 months and spent most days sweeping the floor despite asking frequently to be trained in ndt. You spend most of your time fixing trailers or sweeping floors or doing chores. Anyhow, once i had passed my ndt exam they tried to use my shop hours as ndt ticket qualifying hours which is technically illegal. When this didn't work out they made some weak excuses as to why they didn't train me and then started training me the very next day. My advice would be to work for another company.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Selfish and Poor Management, Poor training
differnet challanges everyday and very helpfull company for starters
Non Destructive Testing (NDT) Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 June 2016
Typical day starts with getting a dispatch for the day which includes clients info and address and type of work to be performed.
Mostly perform different types of inspections which provides you different experiences.
Management are very approachable and helpful with any question you might have.
The hardest part of the job is not knowing what you will be doing in advance. You might be too busy this week but off next week.
The most enjoyable of the job is you get to control you job progress as you want.
Great learning Experience, and best job I've had so far.
IT tech support/Hardware maintainer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 February 2013
Great family based Environment, always someone to help if needed, Always answered any questions. Just sometimes the management can be a little rough on staff.
Pros
great pay, friendly environment, friendly co-workers
Cons
management needs to be a little nicer to staff.