IRISNDT

IRISNDT Employee Reviews

Canada20 reviews
The technicians are amazing to work with. The management team in Edmonton & Red Deer are liars and sneaky. People with tickets sit home during slow times and people without tickets work because of internal affairs etc. If you are not part of the "club" then you don't work. Union does nothing to stop this. Better off with another company!
I was a previous employee. I was given 10 days to do a job after i got them far enough ahead of that job. They laid me off due to different religious belief and when I confronted them why I wasn't going back. They said that I did not fit to the group so they treated you different and never texted or called you back to let you know. Don't work for them if you are not extremely religious, they will get rid of you. They pretty much had hatred a lot in this company.
Pros
Cons
highly discrimination against non religious people, unfair, unprofessional
Excellent company to work with.
Productive, well managed and fast paced environment.

Friendly, cooperative and supportive co workers.

Easy transportation.
Management is very unprofessional and rude. There are no communication skills or communication at all because no one ever answers phone calls or texts. When I used to work here, if you were not part of the clique (family), you did not get a full week worth of work. Not only that, one of the director's wife is dating an employee from iris and it's just disgusting to see. worse company you can work for.
I have worked for many rope access companies. Most get you a one week rope ticket and your qualified to be anything! Not at IRISNDT! All their techs are very qualified and certified. I seen a labourer let go from them and start the next day with their biggest competition as an insulation foreman. Growth in numbers means nothing without quality and this crew has been honed to be deliver superior service. Anyone that’s worked with this managementknows they are fair unless your trying to take advantage of the system or don’t do your job that your paid well for! I’d go back to work for them in a second but took a gig in Australia for a year. When I’m back I’ll be calling IRISNDT again.
Was very new to rope access and industrial. Had lots of experienced techs and trades help me through learning from rope access to new trade skills. Always kept busy, work was fun, and I enjoyed the different crew and work opportunities.
Enjoying my experience here! Great crews, great work opportunities, experienced trades and techs willing to share their knowledge. Managements always open to talk to accommodate in any way practical. Work culture is enjoyable, hard working, and inclusive. One of the best opportunities ive been given.
For the longest time they where one of the best companies to work for. Now the overall impressions you get is they dont care about the employees. The Rope Access Manager makes sure his family works before anyone else. He does not return calls, emails or texts. Top of all this if you been waiting for work he does not ever check in to see if your even still alive. Thats what your up against.
Best NDT / Inspection company I've worked with. Management is always friendly and most of the time will give you exactly what you need to accomplish the job well.
Sometimes there are some issues with communication. Clients at head office talking to dispatch, dispatch talking to the techs, techs talking to site contacts, it can become a big game of telephone that can be a bit frustrating but overall it's a great company to work with.
Management promises fall short. Never had a full work week. Very clique crew, if your not in that circle your treated like a pawn. Dangerous use of rope access equipment; leaving harnesses in unsecured buildings in puddles of water/acid is a good example. Wrongful dissmissal followed by over exaggerated claims to E.I. to try to screw me out of any income, almost lost everything because of these dudes. Stay clear.
My supervisor was supportive and fun to work with. work load was reasonable. IT support was prompt management support was great. work culture was relaxed and low stress.
Pros
short contract
Cons
great people
The “management “ have no organization skills there’s no communication between any of the staff.They will promise you anything to get you to work for them,if you ask for PPE it’s like you asked for their first born.They never have enough rope gear to do the job safely,they make you sit at home a lot as in there words they wouldn’t guarantee 40hrs even though the one clown said he would give you 50hrs.They bid jobs with no idea how to bid them and expect you to get them out of the hole,the management has no people skills they treat you like the dirt on there’s shoe most of the people who work for them complain about them most days.In winter your told to work harder if your cold and at there other job most staff sleep or spend time between the office and the smoke pit also they have some good truck level 3s who play games on there phones instead of rigging ropes correctly
Pros
Tim hortons
Cons
This place is a joke from top to bottom ego ran
This is by far the worst place to work and quite possibly the worst job I’ve ever had. They give you nothing but broken promises and leads on upcoming work just to keep you around. You can’t even get a full work week in without being given a day off. The supervision is very very weak and inexperienced with little to no direction as to what is going on. The atmosphere at Iris is very clique and if you’re not one of the family buddies or NDT then you don’t matter. The pay period is usually wrong and often missing several hours. Anyone thinking about working with this company I highly recommend you go elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
Poor supervision, incorrect pay, broken promises, zero structure
It was an amazing environment to work in. The schedule was regular, ,i have learned a lot and the staff was very friendly. I enjoyed my time working at IRISNDT.
If you reside in Edmonton, this is a great company to work for. Big company with a small company feel. Truly enjoyed working with everyone, from top to bottom.
My timesheets were altered on a daily basis to benefit the company. I was expected to xray for shop rate and travel for free. If i charged any ot it was a hassle and ot meals were never paid. Very poor management and was told all kinds of things that never happened. Work for someone else as this place will not feed your family.
Pros
Cons
Read above
Poor infrastructure willing to lay off or cut hours to meet numbers.
No real opportunity to grow and no real training or mentorship available.

Probably not a good starting point of your career.
Pros
Being a consulting company, you get some diversity in projects
Cons
see review
You can do better than working with these guys. I worked for them for 4 months and spent most days sweeping the floor despite asking frequently to be trained in ndt. You spend most of your time fixing trailers or sweeping floors or doing chores. Anyhow, once i had passed my ndt exam they tried to use my shop hours as ndt ticket qualifying hours which is technically illegal. When this didn't work out they made some weak excuses as to why they didn't train me and then started training me the very next day. My advice would be to work for another company.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Selfish and Poor Management, Poor training
Typical day starts with getting a dispatch for the day which includes clients info and address and type of work to be performed.
Mostly perform different types of inspections which provides you different experiences.

Management are very approachable and helpful with any question you might have.

The hardest part of the job is not knowing what you will be doing in advance. You might be too busy this week but off next week.

The most enjoyable of the job is you get to control you job progress as you want.
Great family based Environment, always someone to help if needed, Always answered any questions. Just sometimes the management can be a little rough on staff.
Pros
great pay, friendly environment, friendly co-workers
Cons
management needs to be a little nicer to staff.