IRIS THE VISUAL GROUP

IRIS THE VISUAL GROUP Employee Reviews

Canada23 reviews
Great culture
Very flexible and supportive when health issues are involved. I found out I'd have to have extensive surgery 3 days after my probation period and would need a couple of months to return to work. They gave me the time I needed and saved my position for when I was ready to go back to work.
Interesting and challenging position
Was a great place to work with excellent management and grown opportunities, was a great experience to learn optometric related duties and was a great feeling to help patients
Lots of responsibilities for little money
I worked in the Kamloops store for only 2 months and the manager, who is also co-owner, let me go because apparently i wasn't a good fit for the company, after they trained me and i always did what they asked me to do. The manager was very hard to talk to, too many expectations, too much pressure from her and the optometrist. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO MAKE MISTAKES! Even though they say it's okay to make mistakes, but it's actually not. Overall my experience there sucked. For 14 bucks per hour they expect too much, they should care more about of their staff and make them more comfortable. No wonder why everybody always quit!
Feedback
Good company to work with. I recommend it to everyone interested by building a career with an optical group.
Do not work at iris
I don’t know from where to start. IRIS was a great place when I first started then a year later completely changed to a hot mess.

Work environment: discrimination, favouritism, not fair treatment. They love to fire people, no single person I worked with loved working there trust me. Look for another job.
overworked and little pay
Poor management in many areas at shop level but also at regional level. This allows poor judgement in staff choices which is why there is a very very high staff turnover, Add very poor pay for understaffed busy clinics and you have a company that has lost so many staff it seems to be a daily occurrence. Really un- supportive on managerial levels Its all about sales and up selling as much as you can and trying to achieve very high targets for little bonuses. Sales before patient care always. No respect for anyone who actually enjoys their job and little or no appreciation.long hours and weekends I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
colleagues, patients, doctors
Cons
managers, regional manager, low pay, long hours no support, no respect
Iris
I would be very pleased to recommend the company to my friends and family in terms of the quality of products. There is room for advancement within the company. However, the pay is not enough for the work required. I feel fortunate to have learned all the things that I did, I would even compare my knowledge to a licensed Optician but working here is not where I see myself in the future.
Productive place to learn
It is a good company to learn,
they are very into coaching and training ,

technology is always update,

it's fun to work with a multidisciplinary poll of professionals

it's fun to meet a big variety of people
Pros
they like excellence
Cons
lunch hours are not paid
Not enjoyable.
Do you like working in understaffed yet busy clinics? If you like being overworked with little appreciation or pay, with poor benefits compensation, this is the job for you!
There is really poor management within many of the clinics as well. Really unsupportive and negative environments to work in. Presumably why there is constant staff turn over. This company puts sales first before patient care.

This company does have some perks, but the cons heavily outweigh the pros.
Pros
Free eyewear annually, bank hours, reasonable allotment of personal and vacation days, some room for advancement
Cons
Poor management, benefits, pay, heavy workload
La famille IRIS; Passionné
Entreprise québécoise regroupant plus de 160 boutiques d'optométristes & d'opticiens à travers le Canada avec de belles valeurs. PASSION RESPECT HONNÊTETÉ. La « famille IRIS » est vraiment un profil, une philosophie d’entreprise où il est agréable d’y vivre. Programme de formation continue, événements corporatifs d’envergure, voyages de formation à chaque années disponibles pour les équipiers -$$$- (plusieurs concours et tirages pour y aller gratuitement). La haute direction reconnaît facilement les équipiers en boutiques, beau côté humain et chaleureux dans leur gestion patronale. On prône le bien-être de l’individu dans son milieu de travail avant les résultats financiers (l’un va avec l’autre - comme un corps sain dans un esprit sain).

Plusieurs avantages sociaux (assurances, RÉER, programme de bonification, programme de lunettes pour les employés et leur famille)

Par contre, il s’agit d’un domaine où l’avancement professionnel (monter les échelons) est un peu négligeable si nous ne sommes pas détenteur de diplômes professionnels (opticiens, optométristes, ophtalmologistes, et/ou diplômes universitaires (ou équivalent) dans des fonctions de gestions (siège social).
Pros
Bonus et avantages, formation continue, voyages
Cons
Salaire plus bas qu’ailleurs au départ.
Dynamic eyecare team
Such a good working experience with this team! They are friendly, charismatic and enjoys working with customers as well as a supportive environment where all the staffs can thrive and grow professionally and personally.
Overall good experience
I've thoroughly enjoyed my time working at IRIS. The people are great and I have learned an immense amount. I feel that the pay could be higher, but money isn't everything and the work environment makes up for where the salary is lacking.
c est une bonne compagnie
Accueillir la clientèle;
Répondre au téléphone, gérer les courriels et demande des clients;

Gestion des horaires des rendez-vous des optométristes

Effectuer diverses tâches administratives

Préposée à la vente de lunettes;

Préparation des pré-examens des clients
Pros
tres bonnes clientel
Cons
pas avancement
Belle entreprise
Entreprise en hausse de développement, employé adorable
très bien diriger belle ambiance de travail
Very good team work
Once you start working at the IRIS, you are trained to be part of the team. the team is very efficient and helps each otherto make sure that tasks are done well
Environnement facile a l'apprentissage
Une journée typique de travail chez Iris ressemble a des taches spécifique qu'il faut effectué pour un bon fonctionnement de la boutique. On apprend a vérifier la force des lunettes, a effectuer les pré-test avec les patients qui veulent consulter l’optométriste et a effectuer des taches relative a une secrétaire.Il faut s'adapter aux différentes situation vis a vis les clients qui vienne pour apprécier nos services.
Pros
Apprendre et utiliser ces aptitudes pour apprendre plus
Cons
Salaire bas
Une équipe de travail de haut niveau, un climat de travail stimulant
La journée typique est longue et intense. J'ai beaucoup appris des experts qui collaborent aux études et aux programmes que l'on développent. La boîte est très bien gérée. Le patron est un leader inspirant, engagé et un travailleur acharné. Tous croient en ce qu'ils font.
L'aspect le plus difficile pour moi en tant qu'associée est le fait que n'étant pas à Toronto, je n'ai pas la chance de participer autant que je le souhaiterais.
Pros
L'appui et la synergie
Cons
Contractuel
Great place to work at and comfortable and friendly atmosphere
Loved my time there! Great place to earn while you're still in school. They offer flexible hours to work around, and learned lots about the optical industry.
selling glasses ,assisting optometrist ,fixing frames,phones,customer service
8to 10 hours a day, earlier is always better.team player,always learning new tecniques ,working on weekends not so likeable,most enjoyable fulfilling the needs of clients
Pros
free glasses once a year...
Cons
esprit de travail très agréable
vente, prise de rendez-vous, ouverture de dossiers, travaille d'équipe
Challenging in a good way
Working at IRIS has many challenges which allows one to grow and improve. It is always moving forward, creating new opportunities for learning new skills and how to adapt to new situations, personalities and so on. It is a Canada wide company which also opens many doors for building your career.
Pros
Free eye care
Cons
Not very good benefits