iQor Employee Reviews

Meilleure place
Agent de recouvrement (Former Employee) –  Anjou, QC8 June 2018
Pas de très malheureusement c est fermer mais tout étais beau
Pros
Travail d équipe et positivismes
Cons
Horaire parfois
amazing place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON23 May 2018
provide outstanding customer service, answer phones and any questions customers may have. Computer work and filing was apart of daily duties. I have learned to work faster under pressure. The workplace culture and managment was amazing ! The hardest part of work was that there was always over time available and i would always want to work. Everything was enjoyable
Pros
environment
Great company !
Sr. Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2018
Very good working environments with helpful supervisors. Some of the employees tend to get in arguments, but overall a very good company. Sometimes management can seem overloaded and lack of complete control can be felt, but I personally think each agent should bare in mind client expectations
Pros
Very Helpful
Cons
Incredible client expectations
Great workplace where the provided ongoing training.
Assistant VP of Operations (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 May 2018
I loved working at Iqor. Career advancement possibilities. Great team environment. Bonus plan with detailed goals. Excellent coaching team and great software for communication with management and HR.
Company no longer exists
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON28 March 2018
This company no longer exists. They shut down in 2012. It was a typical call center that involved chasing down delinquent payments and dealing with hard customers.
Great Place to Start
Operations Supervisor and Trainer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2018
Great place to start as an agent. Plenty of opportunity to move up to a team lead/supervisor position. While the wage starts low and the benefits are not great, the work place is full of great staff.
Pros
Job mobility
Cons
Unpaid breaks/lunches, subpar benefits, low starting wage
Disliked the company
Customer Relations and Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge9 March 2018
Worked for the company for 2 years very unprofessional ppl and the office never ran accordingly something was always going wrong which would get frustrating for the staff
Great place to work for 1-2 years max
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2018
I was one of the few selected to train some agents in Trinidad on an all expense paid business trips. During the off peak times it was amazing. All that free time comes at a price because during ramp periods it gets extremely challenging, plus side is that Overtime was offered.

2x10 min breaks + 1x30 min lunch. Breaks are paid for.

Iqor is a massive company 40'000 employees over 19+ countries. With all the normal problems i.e communications problems between various levels of management, but what's new in the workforce
Pros
Pretty flexible hours if you've been there long enough
Cons
Job security is dependant on the client, and whether it is on or off-season
Keep your head down.
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 February 2018
This is the 1800Flowers job at IQOR.

This job is obviously a lot of sitting.
Be prepared to be badgered with questions or stared at if you want to stand up to stretch your legs as your managers stare at you with disapproval.

Every single one of your breaks in questioned, even if you sit at your desk to blow your nose. (No exaggeration here.)

In your down time with the mics muted and no customers, you're not allowed to talk to your co-workers who sit beside you.
Even though you sit intimately close with many people there.
I remember being told to "read the manual"
Have fun doing that 1,000 times regardless of how well you do your job and if you've remembered it.
You will see favourites get away with this though.

They show serious favouritism. People will be on e-mails all day and chatting, but God-Forbid if you want to switch from calls to e-mails to give your throat a break.

On top of that one person could be working diligently and their counterparts are fooling around, but they are favourites, so it's okay.

I remember a girl was on her break and was sitting next to another co-worker to coach him.
She was told to leave the floor for her break, meanwhile the favourites all sat at their desks fooling around on their breaks. The hypocrisy made me disgusted.

The managers fool around a lot.
I mean all they do is joke around, but don't partake. They are literally there to bring you down. It seems like fun at the time, but you will be reprimanded for it.

They will most likely let you go before you've worked there for 6 months. This way you cannot
  more... fight back for wrongful dismissal.

You need a 98% job attendance rate.
Favouritism comes into play here a lot. (Co-worker away every day for 3 weeks except maybe 1 or 2 times a week they would come in. They are full time. Asked them what happened, said they were sick with strep throat. They brought a doctor's note.)
Another Co-worker had their wisdom teeth removed. They had surgery, and missed days. One day they were throwing up (because of their medication, and went home early. They came back with a doctor's note. Regardless, they were let go soon after for attendance, even though they tried to power through, and the other co-worker did whatever they wanted.)

Even if you are sick, or if you need to take a loved one to the hospital. (My co-worker's mother was sent into surgery. She was her only relative in Ontario and wanted time to take care of her.)

Regardless of your doctor's note, or the severity of your condition, if you haven't given notice at least 1 week prior, it's ground for dismissal.
(Co-worker's hand was slammed in their car door. They missed work for 2 days, and finally came in with a cast and a doctor's note. They were fired soon after.)

I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH.
DOCTOR NOTES WILL NOT SAVE YOU.
I don't mean a little "I have a headache." I mean "I have appendicitis and cannot come in." Your attendance will go down.
You get a fleeting warning like "Hey, come in tomorrow." then surprise you with "Your attendance sucks."

If you have kids, I feel bad for you.
They are not accommodating at all to families.

If you want time off for the holidays, book it 3 months in advance or you will be denied time off.
If you want a religious holiday off, forget that too. If you're scheduled to work you work.

These experiences I'm talking about are what happened to several of my co-workers. The final situation about wanting a religious holiday off is my own. I wanted to be at church for good Friday, I told them about it 1 week in advance and they said I need to work that day, and can't give it to me.

Of course I didn't attend work that day.
I was reprimanded for not going in of course.

I quit soon after.

You cannot move up in this job.
They will have other job positions that they say they look for inside hires first. They do not.

On a final note tie your lunch up in many bags. Make it look as undesirable as possible. I've had my lunch stolen several times, container and all. Regardless of voicing my opinion, nothing was done.

This job has amazing holiday bonuses though.
Pros
Good Holiday Incentives, The job is easy.
Cons
Favouritism, Not accommodating to families, No respect for religious values (unless you're muslim), theft with no consequences, management fools around a lot
Great Management to work with
Collection Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2018
IQOR is a great place to work at. We are working here as a family where we earn and deliver respect for every one. Our seniors shows responsibility and teach us very respectfully.

Want to know more about iQor?

Ask a question
Good Money
Sales Representative (Outbound call center) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2017
The pay is great and if you can deal with the constantly being on the phone and getting paid 15 bucks and hour thats for you. However there is 4 weeks of training at 12$ per hour. and it carries on to your first pay cheque so after 6 weeks you wills tart getting paid 15 nucks an hour.
Pros
good pay
Iqor is awesome
TEAM LEADER/SENIOR CORE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2017
IQOR is awesome. The work environment is amazing. People are friendly. Just an overall lovely place to be. So much to learn and so much opportunity to flourish. Very fast pace. Awesome customers. A place that donates and fundraises. IQOR is just awesome.
Pros
overtime available
Cons
overtime sometimes not optional
a joke
Technician/Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  North York, ON30 October 2017
Management is a sad unfunny joke. They will cut people who know what they are doing to save money and end up spending more. Good at putting on a show in front of their customers to save face.
Pros
Cons
everything else
Ok for a starter job in tele sales
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  North York, ON26 October 2017
Breaks where only 10 minutes. Days are stuck at a cubical repeating the same script over and over again a minimum of 90 times a day. The mobility sales commission for each sales is only $12 and tablet saels are only $2.00 before taxes.
Pros
Great starter job to get into telemarketing
Cons
Breaks are only 10 minutes
unorganized
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2017
one of the most unorganized companies ive worked for with NO benefits. this would mean no matter what happens after your 3 month probation theres no raise there is no dental there is nothing to recive other than a cheque that mostly wrong.
Good Work Culture
Collection Agent for Virgin Mobile (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 August 2017
Good Work Culture and great support from peers and manager. Leaned a lot , working as a collection agent . There are options for career advancements withing the company.
jr agent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 July 2017
this company is by far the worst comp;any you can work for iqor is a company where is very unprofessional and a disgusting place to work for. all the bed bugs and roaches your better getting a job at a fast food then work for iqor. The managers are all unfair if they like you your going to keep your job an if they dont then dont expect to be staying for long .
Pros
good pay
Cons
unprofessional environment, bed bugs and roaches
Don't work at iqor
Jr sales agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 July 2017
Iqor is a place of under qualified management. Management is unsupportive , not helpful when it comes to fixing client problems and hypocritical. They favour employees who get sales and whom they like. If you can't get sales and they don't like you, don't expect to stay long at iqor. They are very strict when it comes to rules, for certain people. You are not allowed to eat, have bags, or read(occupy) yourself at your desk. You may quietly talk to your seat partner. You will get suspended for just about anything at this job. Including: eating at your desk ( which you will frequently see managers eating birthday cake on the floor), taking breathers between calls, exceeding your 10 min break or 30 min by even just a minute. Although pay is good, they amount of things you are put through, you will not look forward to coming to work the next day. Iqor is not a place of fairness and equality. If you are looking for a relaxed, inclusive and fair job, try McDonald's you would have a better time there.
Pros
Pay, and very very nice co works (managers not included)
Cons
Everything that is not mentioned in the pros
A typical day at work
Outbound Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Victoria Park, ON30 June 2017
The call centre is repetitive environment, going in sitting down calling customers. Majority of the time customer does not want to be on the phone. It is a multicultural environment, with many different people. Peers always there to help you with sales and most team leaders are friendly and helping.
Pros
can work overtime
Cons
ten minute breaks arent enough
Fun Workplace.
Outbound Sales Representative for Bell Canada (Current Employee) –  North York, ON16 June 2017
1. Responsible for outbound sales for Bell Canada, specializing in offering the TV, internet and home phone services.

2. Learned how to deal with customers over the telephonic channels and how to secure sales.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at iQor. Our community is ready to answer.