iQ Food Co.

iQ Food Co. Management reviews

Canada15 reviews

Clear

Insights into iQ Food Co.

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose

friendly atmosphere, wonderful working conditions

Working at IQ foods was amazing. The management was a bit unprofessional and i could not take the disrespect from the manager anymore.

Pros

70% discount on food

Cons

Disrespectful manager

No reward to hard work

Had a good year at my time here and made great connections and fun stories here but I will be very honest. I really worked my a** off for this company. my colleagues and even other GMs always thought I was the team lead but never got promoted due to favouritism (even with my transfer). Their definition of team leadership management needs work and really do reward hard work, not favouritism. I was going to be transferred for team lead position but lied to me. Some managers can’t promote the most qualified leaders in the team, can’t give accurate feedback, and leads can’t even lead there except for the ones I trained. they are understaffed and leadership was lacking here. They don’t even take feedback from guest and their employees as well. Yorkdale starts kicking out guests and former employees, which is poor customer service from GM. If you really need to work and make a living here in Toronto at the beginning , I recommend this, but for working your way up, I suggest not.

Greatest Experience!!

At iQ you really meet your family! Everyone was extremely nice (co-workers, management, head office) You are also really just put out into the workplace independently which I loved about the place.

Pros

70% off food, free drinks while working

Cons

Not too many workers therefore hard to cover your shifts

Stressful Job Because of Terrible Management

This job is okay, most of the coworkers I worked with were very fun and hardworking. I liked it at first but that changed. Would be a decent job if management was different. The Manager doesn't treat all her coworkers equally or with respect. This location has lost a lot of people and continues to. Manager is disrespectful which caused a lot of mental stress and anxiety among team members every time they had a shift. Management mostly nice to their favourite people. Employees sometimes are forced to skip breaks. There’s not enough breaks given for people who work more than 9 hour shifts. They could learn to improve their ability to retain good talent. Shortens hours, always understaffed making it harder for those to work because not enough help. Glad I left. They dont appreciate their hardworking employees and accuse them of things that are not true. I couldn’t take the disrespect from my manager anymore. They need to learn to treat their employees better.

Pros

Percentage off food

Cons

Management, Favouritism, lying staff members, and lazy workers that get away with almost everything

Fast-paced environment with Great team work

Great Team to work with Management is Supportive Great work hours so you get to enjoy work-life balance Fun workplace Fast-paced environment since we serve from breakfast to lunch in a busy financial district.

This place is just going downhill

I worked for this company for some time. At first I loved the it. The staff, the food etc. But now they have a hard time keeping staff. Every location is understaffed. Management is a joke and they even have hard time keeping GMs. Manage doesn't care about it's workers. They make you pay for food, don't get paid breaks, will accuse you of stealing food with no proof, will over or under schedule you without warning, expect you to work in multiple areas for little pay and little training, and if you're good at the job they will keep giving you more work but never a promotion or raise. The food quality has been going down whole prices go up. I suggest you stay away.

Pros

Friendly staff, flexible hours

Cons

Management does care about its employees, have to pay for food

Hostile environment run by impolite people

-Toxic atmosphere, rude people who never say Hi. -You have to pay for your meal, food going in garbage at the end of the day and workers hide to eat left overs. -No respect or motivation for employees. -Regret every second spent there.

Pros

nothing

Cons

everything

Fun workplace with many grand parties

Work is okay but severely understaffed because the management refuses to hire more people. Few hours given per shift. Management is not professional when dealing with internal problems.

Pros

Get to take home wasted food at the end of the day

Cons

Hours working along doing a lot of things

Ask a question about working or interviewing at iQ Food Co.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement