iQ Food Co. Employee Reviews

Hostile environment run by impolite people
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2019
-Toxic atmosphere, rude people who never say Hi.
-You have to pay for your meal, food going in garbage at the end of the day and workers hide to eat left overs.
-No respect or motivation for employees.
-Regret every second spent there.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Great
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2019
Overall I experienced a full career working for iQ. The guests, the staff, the corporate team, all allowed me to experience a lot, especially for someone with only a high school career. From working as a bus boy to managing a million dollar restaurant (within two years), I experienced what most don't get to experience in over a decade. There is absolutely opportunity for growth.

My advice to anyone who is considering employment @ iQ FOOD CO., is to ask yourself if you're willing to work for a company that is still developing. Continue to ask the important questions and do not cut yourself short on any opportunities, in and outside of the company.
Pros
Good discounted staff meal, decent pay, decent hours, great environment, good guests, pretty casual.
Cons
Not challenging for entry level, benefits aren't good
Fun workplace with many grand parties
Back of House Member (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON24 December 2018
Work is okay but severely understaffed because the management refuses to hire more people. Few hours given per shift. Management is not professional when dealing with internal problems.
Pros
Get to take home wasted food at the end of the day
Cons
Hours working along doing a lot of things
Stressful job with less staff
boh (Former Employee) –  181 bay street28 April 2018
I've personally felt a degree of discrimination working at IQ Food Co. It is not only me who has felt discriminated at IQ my co workers as well has the same to say.
The management is very unprofessional and inexperienced as a result of which the staffs are suffering. There is no set schedule for anyone except for the chosen few. The schedule fluctuates often which is very inconvenient to us .
Pros
70% off
Cons
schedule conflict
Great Place to start treading across the lake that is life
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SK30 November 2017
iQ will always be a home to me. They taught me so many things within the short period of time I was there.
The work/social culture is instantaneously immersive and will allow you to easily delve into the nooks and crannies of any restaurant - allowing anyone with pebbles worth of initiative to completely understand the in and outs of the well oiled, well-cogged machine that is iQ.
Between any of the locations you go to, the feeling is the same - bewilderment. Seriously, so much thought is put into the architectural foundations of these restaurants it's actually enough to go to the stores alone for the sheer appreciation of the physicality of iQ.

If you're looking for an entry-level job with the equally appropriate amount of pay then iQ is probably for you.
Pros
Good discounts, room to grow in the company quickly
Cons
Long hours, inconsistent scheduling
Great fast paced work environment, awesome benefits.
Food Artist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2017
Prepare or Serve foods, take orders from guests and provide a wholesome food experience. 70% off employee discount ensures everyone eats good. Great teams in each store.
Enjoyable, faced paced and fun environment.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2016
At a typical day at IQ Food Co, I am faced with a variety of challenges that are always overcame by continued communication and effort given by the team. I have really come to respect all levels of management and I feel empowered to make decisions based on the needs of the team and business. I work with many young people that want to do the best they can while never sacrificing quality of service or customer service standards. The hardest part of my job is predicting the level of customers we will see in a rush and needing a few extra bodies. Do to weather fluctuations at different points in a week, it could mean we are insanely busy or very slow. All in all, the most enjoyable part of my jobs is training young talent on the team, working with a great management team and continually striving to be the best we can be as a team.
Pros
Great management, co-workers & environment.
Cons
Needs more staffing
friendly atmosphere, wonderful working conditions
Food artist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2016
Working at IQ foods was amazing. The management was a bit unprofessional and i could not take the disrespect from the manager anymore.
Pros
70% discount on food
Cons
Disrespectful manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at iQ Food Co.. Our community is ready to answer.

iQ Food Co. Reviews by Location