Ipsos Employee Reviews in Winnipeg, MB

awesome job
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 February 2019
I loved working at Ipsos is was a very fun environment to work in. I learned a lot of news things and overall had a blast. I would work there again if I had the chance. Nothing bad to say about them at all.
Pros
fun managers
Cons
sometimes hours got cut due to projects not coming in
Solid Workplace
Market Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 October 2018
Calm work environment. Flexible hours. Friendly colleagues and management who was very often available to discuss any problem that may arise. Have recommended to friends and would continue to do so.
Good place for students
Bilingual Coder (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 September 2018
I worked at IPSOS for two years as a Bilingual Coder in Winnipeg. The best thing of Ipsos culture is the continuous training - which stands out of entry level jobs in Canada. They will make sure you are ready do carry out a good job. After a few weeks of training you will be continously coached by the Head Coder and Team Leader.

The problem of this job is that you do not have a lot of room for growing. And the difference of wage between coders and head coders is only $1.25. They don't have many team leaders and those who they have are at the same position for several years.

The negatives of this position is (1) that is very boring the coder thing; (2) it is a very cold environment, you say "good morning" and nobody replies; (3) they will reduce your hours when they are "light of job". In this respect, Ipsos is ok if you have another job, of if you are a student and cannot work a lot.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Not a place to make your life
Review
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 July 2018
What I really like about this company is that every so often you get a review about the work you have done so far in the past few months and if you passed you get a raise. ALL the people I worked with, the managers and team leaders are all super friendly and easy to get along with.
Productive and intelligent re-workers
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 August 2017
While as a Data analyst I truly enjoyed working with my people and the information in the surveys I worked with. I also had the opportunity to spend my script-writer time as well as my Data time working with an extremely intelligent Mentor.
Pros
Intelligent people
Cons
Paris's idea to shift Data work to Romania..so I was Laid Off
'twas the worst of times, 'twas the best of times
Survey Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 August 2017
An ideal job for wanting to earn an extra income. Good for students, retirees and those needing to gain some work experience to put on a resume.
Due to the nature of the job, it is very limiting in building skills. You are not using Word, Excel or other MS office programs. You cannot use the internet unless it is required for a job related program.
There is excessive micromanaging but it's in the form of training.
To stave off boredom in between calls you're allowed to do light leisurely activities, like crossword puzzle, as long as it's not affecting your scores and work.
The amount of typing you do is minimal and only when there are open-ended responses. However, you do have to be able to type as someone is speaking and record their answers word for word. Paraphrasing isn't usually allowed unless instructed.
Ipsos is all about pleasing the clients. The clients have run of the surveys, and may even be allowed to control our work ethics and work culture. Sometimes even the client is monitoring the surveys and individual calls. This can be stressful and intimidating.
The dress code is work-casual. No need for a fancy, formal wardrobe and no uniforms to have to wash every other day. Good for those who have to pay for laundry services.
It's a heavily sedentary job. Good for those who have health or mobility limitations. But health can decline for those who need the physical activity.
Everyone works from the bottom up. All hiring for positions above survey interviewer is done inside the company. There is room for growth, you just have to make sure your scores are
  more... up and take advantage when a spot opens. You don't have to wait too long. People have gotten promotions just a few months into their starting job.  less
Pros
choose your shifts/hours, chance to add hours, 500 hour reviews, continuous training, no selling, bi-weekly pay period, direct deposits, no commission.
Cons
no bonus', incentives have gotten stingy, when work slows hours are cut, the job can be stressful, hours are mainly part time resulting in low pay, evenings and weekends, not an ideal job for parents, too much office politics, respondents can be abusive. not enough skills gained for other office jobs such as MS Word, Excel
Good Company
Call Center Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 May 2016
they are a good company who try to help their staff succeed at what they are doing. they support their staff to make sure they are doing the best they can.
Survey Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 January 2016
Personally did not like the work place, but the mental health support from the company was good. Was not happy about mandatory weekend shifts, and late hours.
Calming atmosphere
Market Research (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg MB Canada15 October 2015
Nice comfortable workplace. You don't have to stand all day and between calls you can doodle and read or even do your homework if your in school. The only hardship is getting surveys done. In the beginning, it was hard but after a while I got the hang of it.
Enjoyed Working Here
Telephone Survey Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg,MB30 September 2015
A great place to work but management and some of the long time employees were a bit snooty. Well run, great scripts and when there was work it came on hard but when it slowed down you were lucky if you got 4 hours a week. I stayed there a year before I decide to go back to college
Pros
Lots of incentives, great training
Cons
Inconstant hours, Some negative attitudes
Productive and fun place to work.
Market Research Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 September 2015
Great work place environment. Team Leaders are very supportive and encouraging based on monitoring and team work ethic.
Training is excellent. There is continuous learning and room to grow in the centre.
Pros
fun activities such as raffles and prizes
Cons
hours can be cut due to work shortage
Decent and comfortable work place
Market Research Coder (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 July 2015
Classify and code verbatim in the assigned project and managing time while handling multiple projects at the same time helping the team as a whole during critical projects. Took part in the advancement projects
Pros
good work environment
Cons
salary
Fun workplace. Am meeting a lot of people
Market Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 August 2012
Everyday is challenging. The hardest part of the job is to finish an interview.
Pros
can choose working schedule.