Ipsos

Working at Ipsos: Employee Reviews

Canada56 reviews

surveyteamhourenvironmentlotgoodcompanypeople

High performance expectations for little reward

As an interviewer, it's repetitive, can be high stress during busy times, and boring at any time. Most of the time you'll be doing a lot talking and listening, recording information, proof reading your input. You do gain some skills but not well-rounded and not super transferrable. There is way too many slow downs to the point of being forced to reduce hours and shifts. You're not assigned nor ever trained to do any other activities other than be on the phones. Since people are more wary of cold calls it's been harder to encourage participation and many of the projects are struggling. Upper management is putting a lot of strain and stress on lower management and interviewers, which is causing burn out and low morale. I can't see this industry, in the way it is being operated, sustainable into the future. There are other departments at this company. The call centre is where many start out. The pay is way too low to be able to cope with the hours cuts. In that aspect, I do not recommend this job as a sole-income.

Good work, just not for me

It involves calling people and asking them to fill out surveys through the phone. I worked there for about a month and realized it was not a good fit. You call high-level executives and most of the time they tell you they are too busy. The staff was great and very supportive but again I only worked there for about a month. The pay is good and it is work from home which is great. The nature of the job was not for me though.

Insights into Ipsos

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Excessive micro managing

Micro managing and management does nothing for the employees and does not listen to concerns. Heavy workload but very minimal salary and no room for improvement/promotion. Same management since decades ago.

Pros

Work from Home

Cons

Bad management

Biggest MR agency of Canada

Slow growth, not enough learning opportunities. No bonuses, not enough monetary appraisals. Currently remote but will be back in the office from September

Pretty decent

Worked there for over a decade and it was a good office environment to work in. Pretty laid back environment when I worked there, for the most part. Quiet and allowed you concentrate on your work and tasks at hand.

It's okay

It's an okay company to start. If you can advance, great, but there's not a lot of opportunity to do so. Company culture is stronger if you work in the office. Nearly non-existent if you work remotely. Sometimes they open volunteer opportunities at at a couple organizations, like the no-kill animal shelters. Sometimes they have tickets for purchase to games. But they aren't free and usually the games are on during shift times that you can't get out of to attend.They used to have Christmas dinners/lunch but that's gone down in recent years. It's an okay job if you're okay with cold-calling for research purposes and asking personal questions. It's not as aggressive and cut-throat as telemarketing but there's still stressful times and some patience with people is required. Although, there are times people will be upset with being called, you get some very nice people who are willing and happy to participate. Hours are not always stable. Pay is mediocre and not sustainable to live on, alone. Having a second job is acceptable. Hours and days are somewhat in your power to adjust, but HR may change hours and scheduling requirements, too.

Very toxic working environment

Very toxic working environment with high pressure and countless overtime working, like 50-60 hours/week. The company treats staff like numbers, not humans. Your working experience will highly depend on the team and people you work with.

Pros

Free coffee, pizza

Cons

long hours, hostile management team, competitive working environment

Amazing

Ipsos is an amazing company who respects you as a person, and your family needs. The sky is the limit here, as long as you are willing to work hard and insert yourself into opportunities you want.

Great coworkers, inept upper management

The upper management was brain damaged above the team leader level. Poorly designed surveys, blame the interviewers for poor survey performance. The people who wrote the survey scripts were bad at english, the quality of the surveys were VERY bad, full of errors. They liked to hide things/processes when the owners from France would show up. The dialer speed was always cranked up too high, which results in thousands of calls/day where people we call pick up their phones to only hear a dial tone. Can't point that out to managers, because they know and do it anyways, or are too dumb to know this happens. Canadians hate these calls. They would tell me when I called them. Lastly, people DO NOT like to do 45min+ phone surveys, Ipsos is blind to this.

Pros

Coworkers and Team Leaders are great!

Cons

Poor Call centre practices

Great company to work for!

Ipsos is a great place to work that actually cares about and respects its employees. My manager is absolutely fantastic! There are lots of opportunities for advancement within the company.

Pros

Free coffee; perks

Cons

Sometimes overtime is required

Good company for starting

Good company for starting, greate team in reporting team, very nice team, can get support from the lead, but not much pay rate. Generally worth for a starting point

home office

i was mostly working from home, but a great experience and time with the team in MTL office.

It was an OK experience

It was ok for the most part and really chill but what lead alot of my coworkers and I to quit is that they started doing really intrusive surveys that we were not comfortable doing. We didn't have a choice in the matter so we decided to leave.

Pros

Decent break time and relaxed work environment

Cons

surveys can very from fun to really intrusive on peoples privacy

Environnement de travail stressant mais très formateur

Bonne ambiance Environnement de travail stimulant cadre formateur travail en équipe

Fun and relaxing for a short term option

Supportive and great staff. Some cons would include some of the co workers not being chatty but that is just because they want to do their own thing. Great work and great management.

Fast paced job and stressful

It's a fast paced job almost daily project deadline. Sometimes you can barely keep up with deadline requirements. The nature of the job doesn't match how much you are paid for.

Productive workplace

The culture is slightly relaxed. There needs more collaborative and supportive work effort within internal staff members. The hardest part is finding work life balance and trying to receive more supportive efforts from the teams.

Nice company

When I had to move they where very accommodating. In field the training was good and I was very comfortable on the phones right away. I enjoyed working with the various ppl that where employed there.

Awesome place to work

Ipsos Reid was an Awesome place to work. I loved working at Ipsos Reid. It was a very fun environment to work in. I was capped to 12 dollars an hour. I wouldn't be able to get any more than that. I could have found another job that paid more then what Ipsos was paying me. I really enjoyed working there. As soon as we got laid off on Friday I started another job 2 days later for 17 dollars an hour. 5 dollars more then what I was getting paid. But, I missed what I was doing from my heart. I was competing every day to do most interviews than others. The best way it can be made with perfect monitoring skills. Till today when I get calls from Ipsos I always do their surveys no matter what I am doing. I really liked the environment. Everyone knew each other. We were like a family there for 7 years. I always missed Ipos Reid. If they come back to Edmonton I would be happy to work there again.

Progressive - Work and Play

Great organization! Amazing opportunities and graciously rewarded for a job well done. Inclusive culture and constantly evolving to create more social awareness.

Not reliable

They have trouble planning ahead on the workload and dont bother to inform their employees about it. As a part timer having two jobs makes it difficult to plan ahead since they can book you in for a few weeks and then cancel a few days before.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ipsos. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement