IPEX Employee Reviews

Canada83 reviews
Adequate
Fast paced environment dealing with pipe distributors. Process orders via phone, fax and EDI. My only concern is that new job positions are not posted for all on the company to apply.
Not recommend
Product workers are not treated well by upper management. They have no concern for you as a human being. You are there to make them a profit and nothing else. Machine operators are the bottom feeders of the ipex world. If upper management showed a little respect and concern for workers it wouldn't be such a terrible place to work.
The positive and pleasant reviews are written by management, don't let them fool you
Horrible management
People didn't get promotion in the same department where they work; even they have more then enough knowledge and experience in the same department. The guy who hired for manager position has no experience with zero knowledge and surprisingly he got hired from other department. Management didn't call for any interview to any candidate including me who applied from the same department for that position and who deserve to get position. They even didn't posted on bulletin board. New manager learned everything from old employees who worked from many years have good knowledge and experience. Then after several month start making their own rules. He was treating his departmental employees like a pupet, gave more and more burden and force them to leave from work.
Great working environment
Great company with good values. They care about their employees.

Everyone on the team was helpful, great environment. Respect is one of the key to the job. Questions are welcomed and you feel valued.
Ambiance travail très plaisants
J'ai beaucoup aimer cette entreprise, comme une famille
Productive and interesting shift work.
IPEX manufactures PVC pipes of various sizes and lengths. It is interesting to work as a machine operator and learn the process involved in making PVC pipes by extrusion machines. The machine operator measures the pipes and makes necessary adjustments on the machine to make sure that the products meets the predetermined dimensions. Internal and external surfaces are examined to ensure good formation of the extrusion process. Length and bell formation are examined to meet conformity to specifications. All the measurements and quality control checks are done on hourly intervals to ensure that the products meet the customer’s specifications. Pipes are then packaged and securely strapped ready for shipment. The workplace is organized and cleaned to ensure a safe and clean working environment. Work schedule is 12 hour shifts, 7 days in two weeks. Production work requires a lot of standing. There are three 30 minutes breaks which are paid.
operateur c
J ai travail avec le gens mais tu dois toujours etre pret pour le probleme et les boss doit prend plus de decide et les contremaitre dois avoir plus de leadership
good coworkers
the coworkers were extremely cooperative and friendly and therefore I think the work environment was quite good. the management techniques used were old school.
Shifts fit with my lifestyle and salary is competitive and fair. Learned a lot.safety is very important and the overall culture makes this a top company.
Pros
Safety
Cons
I made the right choice
Ipex offered me the shift structure i needed for my lifestyle. I feel they also offer job security and job advancement. I recieved full training and everyone on my shift is helpful and helped me though my transition. If you are looking to change carrers or need a job, try this place. I am glad i made the choice i did.
IPEX London
Ipex London is an injection moulding facility making pipe fittings up to 18" diameter. The plant environment is clean and organized. There are challenges, for sure, but the culture is improving dramatically and our recent results are evidence of this. We are heading in the right direction.
It is an excellent company, and there is an excellent supervisor and the equipment for work is modern. The environment to work is friendly and the direction.
Bullied- horrible management
Management not flexible. I was bullied by my manager the whole time I was there. I saw her bully others but she seemed to get away with it. She was very strong in “making her numbers” every month but had zero personality. We were just a number to her. Others complained among themselves. Fear of her wrath!
Nice place to work
The right place to start as a machine operator. They will train you properly and all co employees are nice and they have a good management. Break time are okay. Benefits are good
Working at this place was a very good experience. I worked with very nice people and was satisfied with my wage and shifts, however, it wasn't for me.
awesome
The company is wonderful..you will learn a lot..of things pertaining ABS pipe and poly manufacturing...safety practices are awesome and very benifical to the employee..
Not Recommended
Not the best company to work for. Managers speak about you with other workers. No work-life balance. Very toxic environment. No appreciation at all for what is being done
5s envrionment - industry leading Distribution Centre
I had a good experience as a Student at IPEX, but I fo0und that the communication between Management and Employees was lacking. I may return as a student next year, but will look for better overall understanding of my role
Pros
Good Wages for Student
Cons
Long days
salary
ipex always care the safety of all worker and firts week of the month we have safety meeting.and good salary.,the schedule of work is
good.ipex worker is fully organized.
Great company tough hour/rotation
Was a very good place to work with lots of opportunities to advance and learn. The hardest part was the constant shift changing from day to night hours.
great place
People are very friendly
I learned a lot working at IPEX

Being on time is one of the most important thing

people smart is one of the characters you need to work at IPEX