IPEX Employee Reviews

Good Company
Langley - Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC29 April 2019
The expectations and guidelines for my position were clear and achievable. I found that my coworkers were very kind and genuine. I had the opportunity to advance in the field.
Good Work Environment
line operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 April 2019
Lots of Team Building and problem solving opportunities. Learned a variety of new skills such as using standard and power hand tools, operating machines such as forklifts and combs-lifts, how to properly package and crate materials and safely transport finished crates to shipping area
Pros
good hours/ shift work
Not a great company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON29 March 2019
After completing my master in mechanical engineering and being a registered EIT with PEO, IPEX offered me a role of Customer Service Representative. Accepted this offer just to pay my bills. People in company are good but work environment is not that great.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Low salaries
Terrible.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  London, ON22 February 2019
Management harasses you over minute things, no chance for advancement unless you kiss a**, management can’t run the floor. Expected to work twice as hard after break or heat break. Terrible terrible place, can’t keep employees longer than a year. Do not work there unless you want to deal with hypocrisy at its finest or hate yourself.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
12 hour shifts, all around sucks
Potential to be a great place to work.
Employee (Current Employee) –  London20 February 2019
Flexible work environment with the potential to be a great place to work. Opportunity for referrals to be made for hiring. Safe place to work, no safety issues.
Enjoyed my time with this company
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 February 2019
The shift hours worked with my life at the time. Everyone I worked with made being there not feel like work. The job kept me physical, which I enjoyed.
Belle expérience de travail
Journalier (Former Employee) –  Saint-Jacques, QC15 February 2019
Belle expérience dans le milieu des usine par contre difficile d être Temp plein de nuit avec la vie familiale. Pas beaucoup de possibilité pour être de jour selon ancienneté
Place is a joke to work at
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 February 2019
Older employees take advantage of new employees until they are part of the union.
Union barely helps it's workers.
Supervisors don't know what is going on on the floor as they don't level the office.
Management doesn't follow through with promises.
Management harasses employees.
There is no room for advancement until you have 25+ years seniority.
Standards of what a good part is changes from day to day and supervisor to supervisor.
You are expected to work 3-5 machines at a time with trimming flash, welding parts, cutting sprues off parts, checking quality and sometimes double or triple welding parts because they won't buy new welders.
Pros
Cons
long hours, harassed, watched, treated like animal, not respected by management
Too much office politics
Mold Maker/Mold Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2018
This place doesn’t want to invest in proper quality equipment for maintenance and mold shop department s
There is too many people brought from jobbing agencies
Worked on a wide variety of products - very interesting
CAD Technician (Current Employee) –  London, ON6 December 2018
I learned to have each day to be a different challenge. The culture is very difficult due to the union employees. Very hot in the summer months due to hot machines and lack of air conditioning. Very poor air quality due to PVC plastic and propane lift trucks. Very much enjoyed working on a variety of different piping system products.
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
Poorly managed
stressfull place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2018
It was a lot of politic in the day to day operation
Professional jealousy
low wages
health concern working with PVC materials and off gasses
hot during the summer
Pros
close to home
Cons
low wage
job
Operator - Full time (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 November 2018
We got the flexibility of rotating every 4 hours. Work is very good, we don't realize time. Employees are very friendly. Good break times. Only default is the temperature is hot and loud noises.
management there is none
Shipper / Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2018
management has no clue, regional manager is a bully, ops manager has his head so far up regional manager its bad. promises were made yet never fulfilled had to wait a month for my first weekly pay check bad company
Many laid off, few quit, and others pushed out from Ipex Clarkson...
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 October 2018
This has got to be the most despicable warehouse I have ever worked for in my entire life. Years of mismanagement and wasteful spending had culminated in the laid off and dismissal of so many, so that the seniors could keep their positions.

Who’s really to blame here?

Forget about filling your grievances with Human Resources you will get the usual bureaucratic runaround. Management overworked and understaffed and wondered why their employees were burnt out and not preforming well.

Do yourselves a favor and do your due diligence before working for such evil scumbags!!!
Pros
Cons
Negitive work environment, double standards, no job secutity, disorganized, substance abusers, and much more...
Great team
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  St Laurent, QC16 September 2018
It was a great team I used to work with. My previous co-workers were very supportive, friendly, team-orientated. Salaray was great and so were the benefits. Small intern-team but very efficient. My then-supervisor was the sweetest and funniest lady. Always there to help you and was would take time to listen to you if you ever needed to talk. I loved working there.
Très peu de communication
Comptable Senior (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 September 2018
Très peu de communication entre les divers departements
Worked production and packaging
Packing Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 August 2018
Great Company, provided on the job training in different areas. The environment was clean and well organized, making your job much easier. The company has a strong focus on production output, and in order to achieve their goals, they looked after their employees well.
Pros
Good organization
Cons
shift work change overs (although to be expected with this type of job)
Management needs a lot of work
Technical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 June 2018
Overall this is a great company with some very innovative ideas and they strive to try to be the leaders in the market. Management in B.C. has dropped the ball by becoming complacent about the market and have gone from being the "only manufacturer" in the market that everyone trusted to "just another manufacturer of pipe" allowing the competition to creep in and take over under their nose.
Cons
micro management
Professional, productive and result oriented.
CAD Operator (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON19 April 2018
- Design modelling with Solid Works
- Hardest part was trying to work with paper standards as they have not been digitized
- Learned to liason with upper managment, plant managers to fill the digital library of CAD parts that were previously only in 2D drawing formats
Pros
Worked in new office with new furniture and computers.
Cons
Didn't give enought responsibiliy at times.
Quality/Tool and Die
Process/Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 April 2018
Great place to work, very knowledgeable employees and great location in Clarkson, Ontario. Face Pace and great place to work with RD dept. and a full sales
Pros
Great Place and Company
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IPEX. Our community is ready to answer.