IOOF Seniors Homes Inc.

IOOF Seniors Homes Inc. Management reviews

Clear

Insights into IOOF Seniors Homes Inc.

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Time and location flexibility

High expectations here and very fast paced. One person is expected to do the work of 2 people.

No advancement here. Too much favourtism and no support from management. Some of the older staff make it very difficult for new staff. They forget they had to start new once too. Mostly part time work and call ins. Very difficult to get a full time job.

Pros

Residents.

Cons

Short staffed all the time.

Supportive work environment, puts residents first

IOOF is a very busy environment, however always puts the needs, health and happiness of its residents first. During the pandemic, I have been very impressed at how proactive and caring the management has been. Our residents have been covid free and this is due to the care and attention to infection control protocols of all employees. I would be happy to have my loved one cared for here and it is a privilege to work here.

Not a good place to work

I loved working with the residence, but overall job experience here was horrible. Employees gossipe and refuse to help. Lots of neglect to residence. Management doesn't care about the well being of their employees. You are scheduled 3 weekends a month.

Pros

Residents Are great

Cons

Not a team environment, management is terrible. Working 3 weekends a month

I like the job over all but my favourite part is the residents I truly enjoy spending my time with them.

If you do your job correctly you have no issues. Stay away from the gossiping and go to do your job and you will have a good experience. Get caught up in gossip and become negative and you will have a negative experience. It’s all up to the individual. Your job is what you make it.

Pros

Good wage

Cons

To much back stabbing if you let it .Management not correcting issues that need attention.

Great pay, mediocre environment

Work is very stressful here. But they pay well but management does not do much for their workers. The hours are alright but you have to give up a lot of weekends as a part time worker

Awful place to work

Worked here for a few months, it was awful staff that have been there forever (grandfathered in) think their above everyone else, Incredibly rude to new comers making it extremely hard to approach anyone for clarification or help. Employees are extremely rough while doing care wouldn't recommend anyone even living here let alone working here.

fair and collaborative workplace

The care and consideration of the residents always come first. I am always impressed with the relationships and genuine love and compassion between employees and residents in all departments. Very good management. Really great to work at a place where improving lives means more than making more money. Always available to discuss concerns and issues.

Awful employees

Worked as a PSW for less than a year . Pay was very good however the atmosphere was tense and uncomfortable. Employees were rude and unapproachable ..

Productive and fun workplace.

Program Planning Great Management Flexible Hours Managing PCC Managing Activity Pro Planning Monthly Calendars Great Residents Happy Staff Helpful Staff

Good for a secure pay cheque.

If you're looking to work your shift and get paid in a secure environment the IOOF will reward you with fair-good pay compensation. If you're looking to better your career and develop as a professional then be ready for spending years grinding it out in a unionised environment where seniority rules all. Management have always been fair and have taken the time to develop relationships with their staff. Generally are willing to ensure that you are heard.

Busy Place

A typical day at work would be in the Call Center and working with Management. I learned how to become a Manager. Management was very helpful. The hardest part of the job was the rejection. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning different skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IOOF Seniors Homes Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement

IOOF Seniors Homes Inc. Reviews by Location

• IOOF Seniors Homes Inc.