IOOF Seniors Homes Inc.

IOOF Seniors Homes Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada21 reviews
If you do your job correctly you have no issues. Stay away from the gossiping and go to do your job and you will have a good experience. Get caught up in gossip and become negative and you will have a negative experience. It’s all up to the individual. Your job is what you make it.
Pros
Good wage
Cons
To much back stabbing if you let it .Management not correcting issues that need attention.
I loved working with the residence, but overall job experience here was horrible. Employees gossipe and refuse to help. Lots of neglect to residence. Management doesn't care about the well being of their employees.

You are scheduled 3 weekends a month.
Pros
Residents Are great
Cons
Not a team environment, management is terrible. Working 3 weekends a month
The IOOF is a nice place to work. I enjoy being able to flex my hours if needed, and the pay is competitive for people just starting out in my field of work. I am happy to be a part of the change that is happening here as the IOOF continues to grow. Everything they do is focused on bettering the lives of their Residents.
Work is very stressful here. But they pay well but management does not do much for their workers.
The hours are alright but you have to give up a lot of weekends as a part time worker
Worked here for a few months, it was awful staff that have been there forever (grandfathered in) think their above everyone else, Incredibly rude to new comers making it extremely hard to approach anyone for clarification or help. Employees are extremely rough while doing care wouldn't recommend anyone even living here let alone working here.
The care and consideration of the residents always come first. I am always impressed with the relationships and genuine love and compassion between employees and residents in all departments.

Very good management. Really great to work at a place where improving lives means more than making more money. Always available to discuss concerns and issues.
It was great working their my supervisor was awesome they let me do my job the way I wanted to. One of my complaisant was the hours were way too long
Worked as a PSW for less than a year . Pay was very good however the atmosphere was tense and uncomfortable. Employees were rude and unapproachable ..
Program Planning

Planning Monthly Calendars

Great Residents

Happy Staff

Helpful Staff
IOOF was a great first experience. The nurses and other personal support workers were very informative and helpful. I left IOOF very confident and willing to excel in my PSW career.
Straight shifts; days 0600-1400, evenings 1400-2200 and nights 2200-0600
Very slow advancement.

Union/sonority based

No educational opportunities

Great team work
Good place to work. Great fellow employees. Seniors are all very nice and welcoming new staff. Great employer that listens to the staff members when there is a concern.
Did my LTC placement for my course at IOOF. Enjoyed my time there the staff and residents are great. |They offer many great opportunities for the residents there.
the ioof is a pretty relaxed work enviorment and very fast paced and is very coroporative team players and the hardest part of the job was the long hours
The staff and residents were very lovely. I had a wonderful time working there. would love to have continued my stay there while i was finishing school.
This is an incredible place to work with a great atmosphere, great staff and very friendly residents. Highly Recommended, I worked in the administrative field.
Pros
amazing staff
Cons
limited parking
If you're looking to work your shift and get paid in a secure environment the IOOF will reward you with fair-good pay compensation. If you're looking to better your career and develop as a professional then be ready for spending years grinding it out in a unionised environment where seniority rules all.

Management have always been fair and have taken the time to develop relationships with their staff. Generally are willing to ensure that you are heard.
A very busy establishment. I have really good co-workers, and enjoy working with the seniors.

The hardest part of my job, would be loosing a resident.

The most enjoyable part of my job is listening to my residents talk about their younger days. I really enjoy hearing all about their lives.
It was always busy and many things to do. I love the connection you would make with the residents as well as the employees. Everyone there was well looked after. I would love to have another opportunity to work there again.
A typical day at work would be in the Call Center and working with Management. I learned how to become a Manager. Management was very helpful. The hardest part of the job was the rejection. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning different skills
Co-workers great to help you, lots of learning opportunities (hard when you work night shifts though) as its all 12 hour shifts for RPN's. Very rewarding if you like working with seniors. Its a very fast paced environment.
Pros
excellent pay, good benefits
Cons
long hours, expect you to take call-ins while already full time.