IOOF Seniors Homes Inc.
Happiness score is 55 out of 100

IOOF Seniors Homes Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada25 reviews

greatworkmanagementstaffworkingjobemployeehour

High expectations here and very fast paced. One person is expected to do the work of 2 people.

No advancement here. Too much favourtism and no support from management. Some of the older staff make it very difficult for new staff. They forget they had to start new once too. Mostly part time work and call ins. Very difficult to get a full time job.

Pros

Residents.

Cons

Short staffed all the time.

Fast paced and mostly short staffed work experience

Well assisting the residents is residents is satisfying and they're are plenty of staff who genuinely care, management doesn't care for staff and it shows

Insights into IOOF Seniors Homes Inc.

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging

Was just a student there

was just a student there do not know much. was very fast paced when i was there the psw i shadowed was very plesant and nice to me.i do not have much to say good or bad because i was just a student the place seemed clean, residents was well kept and was always attend to.

Supportive work environment, puts residents first

IOOF is a very busy environment, however always puts the needs, health and happiness of its residents first. During the pandemic, I have been very impressed at how proactive and caring the management has been. Our residents have been covid free and this is due to the care and attention to infection control protocols of all employees. I would be happy to have my loved one cared for here and it is a privilege to work here.

Not a good place to work

I loved working with the residence, but overall job experience here was horrible. Employees gossipe and refuse to help. Lots of neglect to residence. Management doesn't care about the well being of their employees. You are scheduled 3 weekends a month.

Pros

Residents Are great

Cons

Not a team environment, management is terrible. Working 3 weekends a month

I like the job over all but my favourite part is the residents I truly enjoy spending my time with them.

If you do your job correctly you have no issues. Stay away from the gossiping and go to do your job and you will have a good experience. Get caught up in gossip and become negative and you will have a negative experience. It’s all up to the individual. Your job is what you make it.

Pros

Good wage

Cons

To much back stabbing if you let it .Management not correcting issues that need attention.

Great Place to Work!

The IOOF is a nice place to work. I enjoy being able to flex my hours if needed, and the pay is competitive for people just starting out in my field of work. I am happy to be a part of the change that is happening here as the IOOF continues to grow. Everything they do is focused on bettering the lives of their Residents.

Great pay, mediocre environment

Work is very stressful here. But they pay well but management does not do much for their workers. The hours are alright but you have to give up a lot of weekends as a part time worker

Awful place to work

Worked here for a few months, it was awful staff that have been there forever (grandfathered in) think their above everyone else, Incredibly rude to new comers making it extremely hard to approach anyone for clarification or help. Employees are extremely rough while doing care wouldn't recommend anyone even living here let alone working here.

fair and collaborative workplace

The care and consideration of the residents always come first. I am always impressed with the relationships and genuine love and compassion between employees and residents in all departments. Very good management. Really great to work at a place where improving lives means more than making more money. Always available to discuss concerns and issues.

It was a productive and precise work environment

It was great working their my supervisor was awesome they let me do my job the way I wanted to. One of my complaisant was the hours were way too long

Awful employees

Worked as a PSW for less than a year . Pay was very good however the atmosphere was tense and uncomfortable. Employees were rude and unapproachable ..

Productive and fun workplace.

Program Planning Great Management Flexible Hours Managing PCC Managing Activity Pro Planning Monthly Calendars Great Residents Happy Staff Helpful Staff

Great first experience.

IOOF was a great first experience. The nurses and other personal support workers were very informative and helpful. I left IOOF very confident and willing to excel in my PSW career.

Review

Straight shifts; days 0600-1400, evenings 1400-2200 and nights 2200-0600 Very slow advancement. Union/sonority based No educational opportunities Great team work

Good place to work. Great fellow employees. Seniors are all very nice and welcoming new staff. Great employer that listens to the staff members when there is a concern.

Did my LTC placement for my course at IOOF. Enjoyed my time there the staff and residents are great. |They offer many great opportunities for the residents there.

awsome place for a co-op

the ioof is a pretty relaxed work enviorment and very fast paced and is very coroporative team players and the hardest part of the job was the long hours

fun workplace

The staff and residents were very lovely. I had a wonderful time working there. would love to have continued my stay there while i was finishing school.

Amazing Staff and Environment

This is an incredible place to work with a great atmosphere, great staff and very friendly residents. Highly Recommended, I worked in the administrative field.

Pros

amazing staff

Cons

limited parking

Good for a secure pay cheque.

If you're looking to work your shift and get paid in a secure environment the IOOF will reward you with fair-good pay compensation. If you're looking to better your career and develop as a professional then be ready for spending years grinding it out in a unionised environment where seniority rules all. Management have always been fair and have taken the time to develop relationships with their staff. Generally are willing to ensure that you are heard.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IOOF Seniors Homes Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare IOOF Seniors Homes Inc. with

IOOF Seniors Homes Inc. reviews by location

Learn about IOOF Seniors Homes Inc. in popular locations

• IOOF Seniors Homes Inc.