Investors Group Employee Review

View all Investors Group reviews

Busy, large opportunity to do well, independent role.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto26 July 2012
A typical day required prospecting for new clients, following up on existing client accounts and continuous marketing. I learned how the retail investment business functions and the various products involved in developing financial solutions for clients.
I found joy when I informed a client of a tool that was a available to them that truly help out there current financial position. Whether it was consolidating to get a lower rate or simply taking advantage of the tax free savings account that they were unaware of.
Pros
entrepreneurial environment, very independent.
Cons
unsteady pay

Other Investors Group Employee Reviews

Good company
Client Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Niagara, ON15 May 2018
Good variety, excellent people fabulous culture there have been a lot of cutbacks lately and good people are gone. I guess this happens everywhere. On to better things
Pros
Convenient
Cons
Not enough staff
No room for growth, terrible pay.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON11 May 2018
I worked for investors group as an associate for a consultant before I decided to leave. I enjoyed the determination of consultants and the attitude that they represented. However, as an Associate I felt that my personal pay and experiences were horrible. I felt as if I was a great worker, however, I was paid less than my promised salary. I was also continually promised pay for certain tasks or time, yet never received it or received it months late. After leaving and not receiving many paycheques, my former boss ignored my calls and messages to avoid dealing with this. My former boss has not paid me and is not dealing with this in a professional and courteous manner.
Pros
Lunches, Uplifting
Cons
Horrible Boss, Low Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Investors Group. Our community is ready to answer.