Investors Group Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place with lots of growth potential
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 August 2018
Vibrant culture that make you feel relaxed at work and deliver on work streams in a cooperative style. Ensure to learn latest technology and keep up with the legacy to bridge the gap.
Review of Investors Group
Regional Planning Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 August 2018
Poor culture focused on sales at any cost. Best interests of client often overlooked in pursuit of more commission. Poor management, unethical employment and selling practices.
IG and the FEE you to death approach
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON9 August 2018
Bad company, bad management, stay away if you actually want to get ahead.

They charge you over $10,000 just to work for them and offer very little help or services. Look around at options and you will see, they should only be a last resort :)
You run and own your own "business"
Associate to Senior Executive Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto ON, Canada24 July 2018
100% commission based however required a great deal of your own capital to get started. Having more guidance starting out would have been incredibly helpful.
good working environment and great management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 July 2018
it is a good place as a new security guard to start. they will provide necessary training needed before first shift. The have a good management which act according to our needs.
Pros
adjustable working shifts
Cons
nothing
A very busy day which requires the ability to multi task
CSA11 (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS17 July 2018
8:30 am check emails, change voice mail, check messages...process client requests, prepare files for meetings, return emails, troubleshoot any issues, schedule appointments with clients and prepare any paperwork in advance based on the reason for the meeting

I learned everything about the financial planning industry and how to work hard and smart in a busy environment that changes constantly. Work place culture is very good, there is a really wonderful Assistant support network

Hardest part of the job is problem solving and changing focus several times a day on a moment's notice, most enjoyable are the people working in the office
Pros
Security while working for Head Office
Cons
No security contracting for a consultant
Great people to work with
CONSULTANT / ASSOCIATE FINANCIAL CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 July 2018
Great people to work with - Commission based income can be interesting. Always many changes within company. Wish company would request employee input more often. Flexible hours.
Head Office support is improving all the time .
fun and exciting
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL9 July 2018
this was a fantastic and fun place to be. very exciting and a lot of help was given if you just asked. I learned about there they train extremely well.
Region Office
Region Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 July 2018
Each region office I have worked with I have been fortunate to have excellent managers and mentors. We have a culture at IG that is very family oriented. We all work together to a common goal . We do our best for our clients.
Great work environment but it's not for everyone
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2018
Working at IG could be a great opportunity, but it's not for everyone. It takes a certain characteristics to be successful. You'd need to have type A personality and at the same time have great peoples skills. You may also need to be able to support yourself financially, because it could take a 2-3 years until you actually earn an income.

Want to know more about Investors Group?

Ask a question
Love it
Data entry (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 June 2018
I love working at investors group one of the best jobs i have at the moment but just not full time its just part time. The pay is good the environment is awsome and overall its a peacefull place to work at.
Excellent job, that requires massive buy-in
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK11 June 2018
The people and management are very approachable and the culture is something I can speak highly of, however, this job requires massive buy-in and if you're not willing to sacrifice a lot of your time, energy, and possibly personal relationships, you will not succeed. If you are able to get over the mental hump of selling investment products to your friends, and family then you can do very well.
Easy and Accessible office locations throughout GTA
Consultant (Financial) (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON5 June 2018
Its very professional and friendly environment, encourages creativity and competitiveness. We are encouraged to participate in all the activities that improve our prospects for improving and expanding business and personal development..
Pros
Flexible timings, friendly mamgement
Cons
Compensation totally commission based
Good company
Client Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Niagara, ON15 May 2018
Good variety, excellent people fabulous culture there have been a lot of cutbacks lately and good people are gone. I guess this happens everywhere. On to better things
Pros
Convenient
Cons
Not enough staff
No room for growth, terrible pay.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON11 May 2018
I worked for investors group as an associate for a consultant before I decided to leave. I enjoyed the determination of consultants and the attitude that they represented. However, as an Associate I felt that my personal pay and experiences were horrible. I felt as if I was a great worker, however, I was paid less than my promised salary. I was also continually promised pay for certain tasks or time, yet never received it or received it months late. After leaving and not receiving many paycheques, my former boss ignored my calls and messages to avoid dealing with this. My former boss has not paid me and is not dealing with this in a professional and courteous manner.
Pros
Lunches, Uplifting
Cons
Horrible Boss, Low Pay
Opportunity for success
Senior Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB10 May 2018
Self employed contractor. Excellent colleagues and administrative supports. Build your own business with clients you acquire. IF you make this a career, your clients become friends and you find yourself in a large network of mentors and contacts.
Pros
Freesom to choose your own clients and hours
Cons
Work hours can be long, but the rewards are commensurate.
Good workplace environment with colorful and professional characters.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON8 May 2018
Investors Group is a competitive financial planning firm perfect for anyone who knows the ins and outs of the financial industry. As a consultant at IG you are self employed and therefore you work on a commission based pay structure.

Though technically you're running your own business under Investors Group's umbrella, you're surrounded by other knowledgeable consultants and as such you get the sense that you have the support of a team behind you.

They provide you with excellent tools and training to ensure you have the best possible chance at succeeding in an extremely tough industry.
Pros
no ceiling to your earning potential
Cons
no floor to your earning potential
Challenging, rewarding, great learning experience, can be discouraging.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlantic, NS5 May 2018
Consultants are collaborative and mentor ship is inherent with the company setting. Great company resources available at a cost. Its 100% commission based so you're on your own to be successful. You run your own business within the confines of the company. Recognition follows with top performance. If you don't grow your business fast enough the expenses and compliance (both internal and external) will kill your career.
Can be long days but it's your schedule. Most clients don't want to see you on weekends.
Pros
Independence, experience
Cons
Hours, disappointing results for large efforts
Great
Parking attendant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 April 2018
Outdoor, worked with new people every time, parking vehicles, was very well managed, hardest part of the job was being on your feet for a long time...
Restructuring process long and unorganized
Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 April 2018
Busy, able to learn so much.
Open to ideas and now technology.
Good benefits.
Paying for education.
In some departments easy to move up, in others very difficult.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Investors Group. Our community is ready to answer.