InvestorCOM

InvestorCOM Employee Reviews

Canada22 reviews
A good place to work. Good management and project opportunities. Pay structure is managed as per location and job role. Overall employee well-being is a major focus for the company.
28 July 2020
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're glad that you enjoy being on the team and value our focus on well-being since this is so important! Great to have you on the team.
Investorcom is an interesting company. It's bridging the worlds of print and digital communication. Half of the company is printing and distribution of materials, and the other half is software development.

The company has a great culture. Everyone is approachable, and I mean everyone. The are regular events, a company-wide focus on charity, and regular communication of business updates, goals, and strategy.
27 April 2020
It's so great to hear you enjoy our committee lead events and focus on community involvement. It's great to have you on the team! Thanks for the feedback it's helps us understand how we can continue to make this a great place to work.
InvestorCOM is working towards being a progressive modern fintech company.

Pros

- opportunities and welcomed challenges as the company reaches towards its potential

- good work-life balance

- blend of physical print/fulfillment and IT/service employees results in unique collaborations

- a place you can call home; employees are friendly and supportive

- high level of employee engagement

Cons

- no company is perfect

- growth can cause uncomfortable changes as the company evolves

- communication from senior management could be improved
27 April 2020
Thanks for your review! Our entrepreneurial mindset creates a very collaborative environment. We are stronger together as a team - with input and views from all angles of the business, we continue to grow and thrive together. We appreciate the feedback and would encourage you to reach out to your senior leader to provide examples on what we can do differently to improve our communication.
Good culture and team. Would recommend anyone to work here. There are two office locations ; downtown is sales and client focused. Brantford is the print and warehouse is located as well most of the IT, finance and client services.
23 April 2020
Thank you for recommending us as a great place to work. We love hearing feedback about our company culture and overall employee experience. Thanks for taking the time to write a review!
Toxic place and not changing
Lots of people come and go

If not in IT not for you

Basic benefits

Don't have your back

Trying to be something they're not
6 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about InvestorCOM. We are concerned with your perception that the environment is toxic. Please follow up with a member of your People & Culture team or Manger so we can address the specific concerns. As you know, the company is currently going through a benefits review in efforts to enhance more flexibility. We’ll be sure to communicate this to the team as soon as possible! We value your feedback and continuously work to improve our overall employee experience.
InvestorCOM has the potential to be a good company but it has a very poor culture and very, very disorganized. There is a revolving door, very frequent organizational changes, There is lack of transparency and the top of the house changes direction often that employees are left confused. Employees talk down to others including the top of the house.
6 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about InvestorCOM. To ensure transparency, the business holds Quarterly Communications Meetings as well as regular departmental team meetings. Our CEO has an open door policy where employee’s are encouraged to ask questions and gain clarity around what’s going on in the business. With our entrepreneurial environment our team is really great at being flexible with change. Our employee led committee’s, Special Place to Work, Wellness, Sustainability and Health & Safety do a fantastic job at making this a great place to work. We host a variety of company events throughout the year that the team really enjoy. If you have any specific recommendations on what we can do differently please feel free to reach out to our People & Culture team.
ICOM is a very great place to work. Lots of polite and friendly colleagues. The Bosses are great to work with as well, Loads of Knowledge to be learnt daily. Loads of fun activities for staff.
Great work -Life balance too.

Workplace culture is great and I look forward to going to work daily.
6 March 2020
We are excited to hear that you enjoy coming into work as much as we do! Thanks so much for sharing your experience. It’s great to have you on the team!
There is always something to do here and you won't be bored! InvestorCOM is a place where you can grow and learn. You will be challenged to keep gaining knowledge in the solutions InvestorCOM provides. Management is invested in you, and taking extra courses and programs to advance in your career is encouraged. Great place to work!
6 March 2020
Thanks so much for letting us know how important career development is to you and how we have been able to support you along the way. Glad you are a member of the team!
There are multiple committees at InvestorCOM that are focused on making it a great place to work. Overall employee well-being is a major focus for the company. They do things like yoga Friday's and weekly wellness tips.

It's a great culture where everyone supports one another to be successful. If you are interested in career progression the management team will work with you to build a plan and support training.
Pros
Employee events, supportive team and management
Cons
N/a
InvestorCOM has an amazing work atmosphere! Everyone is so friendly, and the whole company truly cheers each other on and is invested in everyone's success.
There are employee events that are often a surprise, and the company ensures that we work together to give back to the community.
Pros
Employee Events, Employee Culture, Community Support
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at InvestorCOM?
The team is wonderful. They are welcoming and always willing to help each other.

The management team is invested in creating a workplace culture that is fun, hard working and challenging. There are various committees who plan team building events, host lunches, bring focus to employees overall well-being, etc.

Employees have the opportunity to learn and grow. If you have career goals, your manager will work with you to create plans to help you achieve these goals.
Pros
Employee events, supportive team and management
Cons
N/a
This company goes above and beyond for its employees. It’s a great work atomosphere and your colleagues want to help you succeed! I’ve never worked for a company who cares so much about there employees :)
Pros
People and work culture
Overall very thankful for having the opportunity to be a part of the InvestorCom team. Not only was it a friendly environment with most of those I had the privilege to work alongside of, though it felt quite rewarding to be able to learn from certain individuals as well. I enjoyed coming in everyday and was happy to work weekends on jobs that were quite time and detail stressful.
Some downsides to the environment included (almost daily) unprofessional behavior from a few of those "higher up" or that worked from different departments such as:

inability to comply with confidential conversation, talk negatively about certain workers to others (including homophobic "jokes"), directly verbally attacking workers by yelling and name calling. Sometimes these incidents would negatively affect workers and their job performance usually resulting in further conflict whether they were involved or not.

Honestly despite the negatives listed above, it was well worth working there. The relationships you gain make up for the cruelty of others. Not only do you build work relationships with some incredible people, though if you prove to be a good worker, InvestorCom will surely help build your skills and provide you with other exciting career opportunities within the company.
We work hard but at the same time enjoy what we do and who we work with. I love the events and activities that make coming into work refreshing and fun.
InvestorCOM has been a great place to work! The people are what makes it such an enjoyable place to come to. It's like a family here. With all the committees who are volunteers, they put on events to keep employees engaged and having fun. This company is willing to grow their employees both personally and professionally. There's lots to learn here and everyone is always willing to help you learn it all. I find that my opinion at InvestorCOM really matters. If I have a suggestion, I know I can speak up and be heard.
amazing company to work for to bad only contract
I would love to continue working but the contract ended. This company will hire someone new. the job was easy and the environment was friendly very employee involved
The workplace culture is like no other that I've worked at. So many friendly and welcoming people. It is truly nice to be part of this company. Staff is great management is great. No complaints
This has been my favourite place to work. InvestorCOM is an example of everything right that an employer can do for employees while still being a profitable organization focused on creating great output. They foster a great environment and really care about their people and the products they offer to clients. They have really good people in leadership roles who will help you reach your goals and advance your career if you are serious about doing so.
Pros
Lots of perks and activities
coworkers are supportive
team building activities are enjoyable

pay-benefits could be better

flexible hours would go a long way

communication is lacking between management and staff
A typical day would be to work on mid-term projects and occasional high priority issues affecting clients. I learned about the fulfilment and delivery business. I also learned more about financial capital market. Good people to work with. Work/life balance is very good. Very interesting projects. I enjoy learning new technologies on new project.
Good place to work with
lots of new technologies

people are great

learn a lot

some fun activities

still needs lot of maturity in their processes

leadership needs to understand to employ right people for right job