Investment Planning Counsel Employee Reviews

Comapny has a lot of holes
Finance (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 November 2017
The company has a good culture but the management and leaders of the company are not in tune with communicating changes to staff. Very hard to find information of the direction of IPC's future plans. Lots of staff are promoted based on favoritism. IPC has alot of fat that needs to be trimmed from staff that have exceeded their stay there. Work hours are great but depends on your manager. Some managers are great but some have gotten the job based on who they know. To move up you have to have family in the company. Lots of incompetent staff that sleep with each other and its hard to go to work seeing this. Low pay but again great vacation and benefits. The company recklessly spends and then will say they aren't making as much money,
Pros
good lunches, good events, good staff
Cons
low pay, unintelligent leaders, staff who are lifers
Fun Enviroment
Manager of Client Services (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON9 October 2017
I believe in working hard yet have a good time while getting the job done.
I enjoy getting to know the clients personally and providing excellent customer service.
I strive to be the best at what I do.
We all get along & have each others back.
Pros
Good work hours
Productive and fun working environment
Human Resources Generalist (full-time) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 November 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. Fun work place. Salary range is low compare to the market. A typical day at office would be, New Hire Orientation, Training, Benefits, Recruitment and Exit Interviews.
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Long Hours
Great Place to work
Investment Planning Counsel (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 May 2015
The people are great, the company head office is in Toronto, there was an amalgamation, other wise would have loved to stay here.
Very challenging
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 May 2015
Learned a lot about people and my leadership skills which helped me move into a more rewarding career. Some great people on the team.
Great , friendly atmosphere
IPC INVESTMENT PLANNING COUNSEL (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 March 2013
Checking emails, phone messsages and prioritize my daily tasks. My manager helped me understand the rules of the MFDA and process various files on the NRD system.

My coworkers were great to work with, and always willing to help me when needed.

The hardest part of my job was not having all the answers for the advisors at my fingertips.

The most enjoyable part was just going into the office every day and completing my tasks while enjoying that social connection.
Pros
working eight 'til four every day
Cons
salary could have been a lot better
Great place to work, flexible hours.
Policy Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 October 2012
This is a growing company and takes the staff needs to heart. Trying to accomodate people different lifestyles. Great place to work.
Independent financial services firm.
Administrative and Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON24 July 2012
Assisted a Senior Financial Advisor with daily scheduling, appointment bookings and marketing activities. Provided front line contact for clients, head office and mutual fund representatives.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
na