Investment Planning Counsel

Investment Planning Counsel Employee Reviews

Canada13 reviews
Pretty chill place to work. Definitely good work life balances compared to other places, however salaries aren't very high. Good people to work with though.
it went thru a restructure so i am not sure anymore. answering phone calls, administrative work. people that work there are nice and very helpful when it comes to training
Historically a better organization; the pay & benefits are still good, but recent pressure from competing industries are showing the company's inability to keep up. Culture is good and the people are generally pleasant to work with. Managers compete with one another rather than collaborate, and inter-departmental communication is continuously poor. Senior Leaders lack focus on what's needed to keep the company from failing. They fake an image with smoke and mirrors rather than focus on the real problem. Robo Advisor firms are a real threat to this business, all attention should be on ensuring IPC's products deliver much better returns than the Robo's.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits, lots of company activities & celebrations
Cons
Long hours, extra duties beyond normal job expectations
I wasn't at head office - I was in a branch; which are run independently by Advisor(s). So my experience was in a branch with 4 advisors and their management styles varied. Was very team oriented and we would often collaborate on the best ways to keep our clients engaged and happy.
Pros
Local location
Cons
Advisors can be better at managing money than people
This is a great company for those who wish to start their career. The company allows for great opportunities for individuals who wish to start work in the financial industry or someone who wants to start work at an office. The culture within the organization touts a fun, light, and playful energy across the office that is infectious with all employees in the organization.
The company has a good culture but the management and leaders of the company are not in tune with communicating changes to staff. Very hard to find information of the direction of IPC's future plans. Lots of staff are promoted based on favoritism. IPC has alot of fat that needs to be trimmed from staff that have exceeded their stay there. Work hours are great but depends on your manager. Some managers are great but some have gotten the job based on who they know. To move up you have to have family in the company. Lots of incompetent staff that sleep with each other and its hard to go to work seeing this. Low pay but again great vacation and benefits. The company recklessly spends and then will say they aren't making as much money,
Pros
good lunches, good events, good staff
Cons
low pay, unintelligent leaders, staff who are lifers
I believe in working hard yet have a good time while getting the job done.
I enjoy getting to know the clients personally and providing excellent customer service.

I strive to be the best at what I do.

We all get along & have each others back.
Pros
Good work hours
The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. Fun work place. Salary range is low compare to the market. A typical day at office would be, New Hire Orientation, Training, Benefits, Recruitment and Exit Interviews.
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Long Hours
The people are great, the company head office is in Toronto, there was an amalgamation, other wise would have loved to stay here.
Learned a lot about people and my leadership skills which helped me move into a more rewarding career. Some great people on the team.
Checking emails, phone messsages and prioritize my daily tasks. My manager helped me understand the rules of the MFDA and process various files on the NRD system.

My coworkers were great to work with, and always willing to help me when needed.

The hardest part of my job was not having all the answers for the advisors at my fingertips.

The most enjoyable part was just going into the office every day and completing my tasks while enjoying that social connection.
Pros
working eight 'til four every day
Cons
salary could have been a lot better
This is a growing company and takes the staff needs to heart. Trying to accomodate people different lifestyles. Great place to work.
Assisted a Senior Financial Advisor with daily scheduling, appointment bookings and marketing activities. Provided front line contact for clients, head office and mutual fund representatives.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
na
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Investment Planning Counsel. Our community is ready to answer.