Intrepid Investigations Inc.

Intrepid Investigations Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada8 reviews

Great Place to learn PI Skills

I only left as I was moving away. I learned a lot of new skills and felt supported. Great management and co-workers. A lot of travel around the Maritime provinces but that was one of the perks. Challenging assignments but it's good to learn.

Not recommended

Management is dishonest and is severely toxic. Micromanagement runs rampant. Management does not allow for independent thinking. Not recommended. If you have any amount of self regard or self esteem, do not join. Other firms will gladly hire you and treat you with respect.

Pros

Money

Cons

Inept management

Insights into Intrepid Investigations Inc.

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Supportive environment

Positive working environment.

Management communicates, listens, and tries its best to create an environment for all team members.Your comments are taken into consideration.Easy to communicate with the leadership team. Diverse team.Everyone matters.

Cons

if you are not fully committed to the task/position, this is not the place for you.

Wonderful team members and executives to deal with

I have been with Intrepid for approximately 1 and 1/2 years and I find it to be an extremely healthy environment. Everyone is treated equally from the top down. I have been in the industry for a number of years and I find this to be one of the few times in my career that I am working for a company that truly cares about me as an individual. They are not just about the bottom line, which so many businesses are. We all have our jobs to do and if you do it well, you will be recognized for it. I feel valued everyday of work, by the people that surround me. Your future is bright with this company.

Not a very good place to work

(This review may not apply outside the Atlantic provinces)The manager in the Atlantic provinces was the one who guided me through the hiring process and was my direct superior throughout my time working at Intrepid. Beware, as they are extremely dishonest throughout your employment at Intrepid. The company provides no training, as is the opposite of what I was told in the interview process. They expect you to learn through watching youtube videos and unpaid practice on your days off. They also do not tell you what equipment you need to purchase yourself if you do not already have the required equipment (in the amount of approx. $1000 CAN). The pay was good, although constant repairs on your personal vehicle add up. Do not suggest to your manager ways they can help you, they don’t like that very much and will punish you for it. During cases where it is impossible to accomplish the objective of the investigation alone, they will not allow another investigator to help, even though it would accomplish the objectives of the investigation. This leads to much frustration as the investigation fails without the required 2 investigators. Again, this may not apply outside the Atlantic provinces, as there are different managers outside the Atlantic area. This was my experience working at Intrepid, be aware of these facts when you interact with this company.

Pros

Decent pay, paid mileage

Cons

Long hours, little time off, dishonest and inefficient leadership

Great experience

I had the pleasure of working with intrepid for a few months. It was mostly very pleasant. I would work for them again! Flexible with time and team oriented

Pros

Benefits after 3 months, great HR

Cons

Long hours or no hours but it’s a part of the job

good workplace

Enjoyable workplace, friendly and knowledgeable staff, organized and great leadership. Enjoy the workplace culture, hardest part of the job was different schedules

good job, lots of hours at times, lack of hours other times. overall better than average of the industry.

management cares about the employees, it isnt all about the bottom line. if you do good work youll get the hours. if you want to travel its possible, relocation is also possible as it is a national company still growing. wages start out somewhat low but increases are frequent and generous. always work in the summer, winter slows down quite a bit but do a good job and youll get the hours. other staff is friendly, however as with anywhere, people talk. summers can be overwhelming for hours, winters can be limited, plan accordingly.

Pros

lots of hours in the summer, healthy raises, great staff and management

Cons

none other than slow periods. industry problem though not the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intrepid Investigations Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Intrepid Investigations Inc. with

Learn about Intrepid Investigations Inc. in popular locations

• Intrepid Investigations Inc.