Intertek
Intertek Employee Review

It's a meat grinder

25 August 2018
It is the most terrible place to work. They literally grind you up and spit you out. High turnover rate, same positions being posted says they can't keep people. That's because they treat you like garbage! Salary is WELL below the industry standard, even though they try to tell you it is. Their training program is a joke. They throw you into it, with no guidance, and when you make a mistake, they get angry at you! If you have any other choice, do NOT take a job here. If you don't have any other choice, don't expect to make a career out of the place. There is ZERO advancement opportunities. Save your sanity and just keep looking, this place it not worth it!
Pros
Experience (if that's what you call it)
27 July 2016
Tons of opportunities to learn all there is to know about petroleum testing and quality assurance. There where a vast amounts of resources to learn from and the staff is very informative and helpful.
26 August 2018
I wish I could say great things about this place. Some people we're nice, and the atmosphere tried to be positive. I was able to get a lot of experience from this place. Unfortunately I had to be dragged, kicked and stomped on to realize this company, branch, and management are more motivated by money than employee well being. The pay is terrible, management lies and belittles you in order to keep you where you are and in your place. They will not advance you, even if there are opportunities for it. The deadlines and workloads are unreasonable and in some cases unethical. The techs and assistants are beyond overworked and stressed out that they don't have time to do anything properly, including training. People are so stressed out there that they become physically ill or injured, but feel bad for missing work or still come to work, because they know their workload will be put on someone's else's head!
Pros
Experience
Cons
Poor work environment
9 August 2016
Same location
I worked at the Saskatoon location and it was awful. The pay was horrible and so was the job. Working in the lab there were NO safety precautions and there were many incidences. I didn't feel safe working here and I didn't enjoy it one bit.
Pros
Getting research experience?
Cons
Everything about the facility