Intertek

Intertek Employee Reviews

Canada37 reviews
Development opportunity
Nice place to work, with development opportunity,
communication worldwide, good Benefits, a good co-workers, the management and salary depends of the country,
Pros
communication worldwide
Cons
Salary
Fun and diversed tasks on the daily
Depends what sector you're in, but you could find yourself not do the same job two days in a row for a while. team is very dynamic et cool to work with office is a nice place where to head after a full day in the field
Workplace unfair and managed by unexperienced people
Slacking off is allowed if you're sympathic to your managers. They will give more work and put you under pressure if they don't like you. They have no experience of managing teams and know nothing about the science.
Environnement sur quarts rotatifs de travail de 12h Jours nuits fin de semaines.
J'ai trouvé mon expérience un peu fastidieuse, beaucoup de méthode d'analyses à apprendre des quarts de travails pour ma part inconvenants pour la vie familiale. Cependant ils m'ont quand même laisser ma chance malgré mon manque d'expérience et m'on formé. La direction est plutôt correct.
Weirdest job culture ever experienced
Everyone hates working there. There is little to no opportunity for advancement. I was advised by my boss that they were a "flat organization", meaning everybody does the same work and pay, without ever recognizing individual strengths.
Il est moins que ce que j'attendais
Ce salaire est mieux rien, et j'attends beaucoup plus de mes employeurs
Great place to work at
Intertek was a great place. Very king supervisors who were able to help with the workload. Friendly environment which makes you feel very comfortable.
You should pass
After 5 years there I still wonder why I tolerated such poor management. The total absence of freedom, recognition and respect from the employer. If you want to be called 10 times a day without pay for it, to be available 24/7 and worked like a dog and even threatened to be sued when you refuse to work after a week of 80 hours go ahead but you will waste your life and health for an employer who has absolutely no gratitude or respect.
Pros
Non
Cons
It`s our way or the highway!
Worst company I ever worked for by far ...No recognition for hard work and or seniority ..Willing to hire any bum off the street to replace a dedicated employee and prevent him/her from making any overtime .
Pros
None whatsoever
Cons
Everthing about this company
Stay Away!
Please stay away...this company sucks!! disorganized, pathetic group of people, most of them have no idea what they are doing. No processes or policies in place, directors with limited knowledge but full of themselves...ugh! I can't believe I've wasted over a year working here. I am actively looking for something new....VERY actively! HR is a joke...literally! People are constantly busy yet nothing really gets done on time. Staff hate management, company's culture is at the lowest it's ever been. If you're looking for a job...keep looking. within 6 months you will be looking for a way out from Intertek...Horrible company!
Cons
everything
Move on as soon as you can
I wish I could say great things about this place. Some people we're nice, and the atmosphere tried to be positive. I was able to get a lot of experience from this place. Unfortunately I had to be dragged, kicked and stomped on to realize this company, branch, and management are more motivated by money than employee well being. The pay is terrible, management lies and belittles you in order to keep you where you are and in your place. They will not advance you, even if there are opportunities for it. The deadlines and workloads are unreasonable and in some cases unethical. The techs and assistants are beyond overworked and stressed out that they don't have time to do anything properly, including training. People are so stressed out there that they become physically ill or injured, but feel bad for missing work or still come to work, because they know their workload will be put on someone's else's head!
Pros
Experience
Cons
Poor work environment
It's a meat grinder
It is the most terrible place to work. They literally grind you up and spit you out. High turnover rate, same positions being posted says they can't keep people. That's because they treat you like garbage! Salary is WELL below the industry standard, even though they try to tell you it is. Their training program is a joke. They throw you into it, with no guidance, and when you make a mistake, they get angry at you! If you have any other choice, do NOT take a job here. If you don't have any other choice, don't expect to make a career out of the place. There is ZERO advancement opportunities. Save your sanity and just keep looking, this place it not worth it!
Pros
Experience (if that's what you call it)
Cons
This place is a pathetic !
You would think this is a good place to work...WRONG! There has been over half a dozen job postings for this place in only a few months; really bad turnover in staff. Management is pathetic, can’t keep employees, they have there “ favourites” and if you’re not
one of them, you have a target on your back! This is the most negative work environment that just drains moral and management doesn’t care! Do yourself a favour and keep looking for a job place that treats people with respect.
Pros
Nothing really.
Cons
Most everything.
Awful, awful, awful
I too wish I could give it a zero for every category, especially management. The staff are overworked, under appreciated and underpaid. The whole atmosphere is full of negativity. There is a huge turnover and there is no room for advancement, so basically what you are doing when you walk in the door is what you'll be doing for the rest of your "career" there. Just do yourself a huge favor and stay far, far away from this job.
Pros
If you work shift you get a good span of days off
Cons
Absolutely everything else
Excellent working environment
Intertek is one of the best technical services company across the globe provides inspection services in a professional way and they also recognise employees for their contribution and hard work.
like a puppy mill
Been here long enough that I should feel secure and settled in..not the case . High turnover rate and poor management. All I can say is try to find something else that has a better structure in place.
Pros
time off
Cons
poor leadership
Most awful place to work!
A typical day is mostly filled with disappointment. The very unprofessional and extremely unqualified management staff has their select ” favourites” when it comes to employees, and the other employees are treated unfairly and some even profoundly disliked! Moral is horrible! Experience is not valued and there is a lot of turnover in staff, employees get out when they can and the employees that are no longer employed here are definitely the lucky ones!!!!
Cons
Overworked, unvalued and underpaid.
Keep searching people
I dont even know where to start. if it were possible, i would give 0 stars for all categories. Working there should have been the dream career, when in reality it was a dead end. There is no room to grow with the company. You will be stuck in the same position until you retire (if you can even afford to). There are no HR employees on site, just useless, incompetent managers with no training. You will be overworked for the pay, and always picking up other people's slack. i am so lucky to have gotten out of there. VERY poor atmosphere.
Cons
money, people, management, job
Horrible work environment!
Has to be the worst place to work! Employees are treated very unfairly by management staff. They have no clue how to manage anything! Really BAD !
No respect, no appreciation, no support and overworked! The lazy, incompetent people get promoted and the hard workers get demoralized! Discouraging and unfair !!

Avoid this place at all cost and for those of us that are still here,

Keep tying to find a new job!!
Pros
Days off
Cons
Going back to work...
Great teamwork amongst staff members
I learned so much and it was hard to leave the career I had done for almost 18 years. I loved month end revenue and expense reconciliation, and enjoyed working with the Engineers and Project Managers. The Managers were awesome, and can't be replaced. They are true warriors ! Great company to work for :-)
Pros
Great company, had regular get togethers, picnics, Christmas events
Cons
N/a
Worst.Place.Ever.
Terrible place to work with terrible people. Management sucks. They are incompetent and pick favourites. Senior techs think they deserve everything because they have been there the longest when in fact they are the laziest and complain the most about the job. I would avoid this place like a plague. No room for improvement, no room for growth, over worked and very unappreciated. The pay sucks, the lab sucks, the people suck, and the management SUCK.

Worst.Place.Ever. FIND SOMETHING ELSE!!!
Pros
You can leave work and not worry about it
Cons
Everything else