intertek Employee Reviews

Stay Away!
Operations (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 September 2018
Please stay away...this company sucks!! disorganized, pathetic group of people, most of them have no idea what they are doing. No processes or policies in place, directors with limited knowledge but full of themselves...ugh! I can't believe I've wasted over a year working here. I am actively looking for something new....VERY actively! HR is a joke...literally! People are constantly busy yet nothing really gets done on time. Staff hate management, company's culture is at the lowest it's ever been. If you're looking for a job...keep looking. within 6 months you will be looking for a way out from Intertek...Horrible company!
Cons
everything
Move on as soon as you can
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK26 August 2018
I wish I could say great things about this place. Some people we're nice, and the atmosphere tried to be positive. I was able to get a lot of experience from this place. Unfortunately I had to be dragged, kicked and stomped on to realize this company, branch, and management are more motivated by money than employee well being. The pay is terrible, management lies and belittles you in order to keep you where you are and in your place. They will not advance you, even if there are opportunities for it. The deadlines and workloads are unreasonable and in some cases unethical. The techs and assistants are beyond overworked and stressed out that they don't have time to do anything properly, including training. People are so stressed out there that they become physically ill or injured, but feel bad for missing work or still come to work, because they know their workload will be put on someone's else's head!
Pros
Experience
Cons
Poor work environment
It's a meat grinder
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK25 August 2018
It is the most terrible place to work. They literally grind you up and spit you out. High turnover rate, same positions being posted says they can't keep people. That's because they treat you like garbage! Salary is WELL below the industry standard, even though they try to tell you it is. Their training program is a joke. They throw you into it, with no guidance, and when you make a mistake, they get angry at you! If you have any other choice, do NOT take a job here. If you don't have any other choice, don't expect to make a career out of the place. There is ZERO advancement opportunities. Save your sanity and just keep looking, this place it not worth it!
Pros
Experience (if that's what you call it)
Cons
This place is a pathetic !
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB14 July 2018
You would think this is a good place to work...WRONG! There has been over half a dozen job postings for this place in only a few months; really bad turnover in staff. Management is pathetic, can’t keep employees, they have there “ favourites” and if you’re not
one of them, you have a target on your back! This is the most negative work environment that just drains moral and management doesn’t care! Do yourself a favour and keep looking for a job place that treats people with respect.
Pros
Nothing really.
Cons
Most everything.
Awful, awful, awful
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB28 May 2018
I too wish I could give it a zero for every category, especially management. The staff are overworked, under appreciated and underpaid. The whole atmosphere is full of negativity. There is a huge turnover and there is no room for advancement, so basically what you are doing when you walk in the door is what you'll be doing for the rest of your "career" there. Just do yourself a huge favor and stay far, far away from this job.
Pros
If you work shift you get a good span of days off
Cons
Absolutely everything else
like a puppy mill
lab tech (Current Employee) –  saint john nb12 March 2018
Been here long enough that I should feel secure and settled in..not the case . High turnover rate and poor management. All I can say is try to find something else that has a better structure in place.
Pros
time off
Cons
poor leadership
Most awful place to work!
Lab tech (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB6 March 2018
A typical day is mostly filled with disappointment. The very unprofessional and extremely unqualified management staff has their select ” favourites” when it comes to employees, and the other employees are treated unfairly and some even profoundly disliked! Moral is horrible! Experience is not valued and there is a lot of turnover in staff, employees get out when they can and the employees that are no longer employed here are definitely the lucky ones!!!!
Cons
Overworked, unvalued and underpaid.
Keep searching people
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB12 December 2017
I dont even know where to start. if it were possible, i would give 0 stars for all categories. Working there should have been the dream career, when in reality it was a dead end. There is no room to grow with the company. You will be stuck in the same position until you retire (if you can even afford to). There are no HR employees on site, just useless, incompetent managers with no training. You will be overworked for the pay, and always picking up other people's slack. i am so lucky to have gotten out of there. VERY poor atmosphere.
Cons
money, people, management, job
Horrible work environment!
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB1 December 2017
Has to be the worst place to work! Employees are treated very unfairly by management staff. They have no clue how to manage anything! Really BAD !
No respect, no appreciation, no support and overworked! The lazy, incompetent people get promoted and the hard workers get demoralized! Discouraging and unfair !!
Avoid this place at all cost and for those of us that are still here,
Keep tying to find a new job!!
Pros
Days off
Cons
Going back to work...
Great teamwork amongst staff members
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC25 October 2017
I learned so much and it was hard to leave the career I had done for almost 18 years. I loved month end revenue and expense reconciliation, and enjoyed working with the Engineers and Project Managers. The Managers were awesome, and can't be replaced. They are true warriors ! Great company to work for :-)
Pros
Great company, had regular get togethers, picnics, Christmas events
Cons
N/a
Worst.Place.Ever.
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint John, New Brunswick11 September 2017
Terrible place to work with terrible people. Management sucks. They are incompetent and pick favourites. Senior techs think they deserve everything because they have been there the longest when in fact they are the laziest and complain the most about the job. I would avoid this place like a plague. No room for improvement, no room for growth, over worked and very unappreciated. The pay sucks, the lab sucks, the people suck, and the management SUCK.

Worst.Place.Ever. FIND SOMETHING ELSE!!!
Pros
You can leave work and not worry about it
Cons
Everything else
You will be sorry
Reception/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam27 June 2017
Was told to hit the road 3 weeks short of my 3 month probation period. No reason given other than "we are re-aligning this position within the company" Apparently all lies. When I asked if there was something I had done wrong I was told no. The lads in the labs are nice guys but this is a giant, multi-million dollar global corporation that makes you jump through hoops to work there, only to be kicked to the curb after doing everything they asked me to do. Terrible treatment.
Fast paced environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Intern29 January 2017
My experience at Intertek was outstanding. Working with professionals enhanced my knowledge in my field. My day would generally begin with a hot cup of coffee and end in the same way, people were very generous and full of enthusiasm. The cafeteria was the stress buster with all kind of food and playing space. Nothing was hard in my work schedule as I had professionals to guide me in my every step. I did learn a lot from them be it professionally or just the fun facts. They had Fridays as leisure days, often people would be dressed in casuals and had picnics outside the office and would go for lunch. I had fun working with them.
Good Place
Project Manager / Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 August 2016
Lots of different areas of business to explore
Global workforce
Lots of good people
Great atmosphere
Work anywhere
Great network
Don't work here
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 August 2016
I worked at the Saskatoon location and it was awful. The pay was horrible and so was the job. Working in the lab there were NO safety precautions and there were many incidences. I didn't feel safe working here and I didn't enjoy it one bit.
Pros
Getting research experience?
Cons
Everything about the facility
Great Lab
Laboratory Assistant (Coop) (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB27 July 2016
Tons of opportunities to learn all there is to know about petroleum testing and quality assurance. There where a vast amounts of resources to learn from and the staff is very informative and helpful.
Awful and pathetic excuse for a company
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK25 June 2016
You would have to be pretty desperate to work for unprofessional underpaying company as them. If you don't believe me check how often they post the same jobs. High turn over is a red flag in my opinion! I am speaking from previous experience at the Saskatoon site. Terrible management too!
Pros
Cons
High expectations with no rewards
Worst Global Company
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Canada20 April 2016
A typical day was putting out fires, never a proactive approach to business. Poor and inexperienced upper management with little support. Upper management sharing back check details and playing with peoples lives with no regard. Lots of politics and BS. Lots of policy bending "on a case by case basis" Unfair Management and HR to boot. Lots of employees working under the desks of others because they are afraid to lose their job. No job security.
Number oriented not people oriented
project coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 November 2015
Generally, the work is interesting and there is always something new to learn. Unfortunately, there seems to be a lack management support and team work. Employees goals are not well defined. Company is revenue oriented more than people oriented.
Pros
Flexible hours and good benefits
Cons
Lack of structure
Fun place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 May 2015
I enjoyed my position at Intertek. I was given the opportunity to move up quickly. I went from Admin to Sales in less than 1 year.
Pros
Great grwoth opportunity
Cons
Not very much managment support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at intertek. Our community is ready to answer.