Intertape Polymer

Intertape Polymer Employee Reviews

Canada36 reviews

Insights into Intertape Polymer

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment

A fast paced work environment

For the most part a good place to work with a fair pay. It's always busy, they work through most holidays. They are highly focused on safety & provide an allowance for steel toe footwear.

Pros

Good benefits, decent pay

Cons

12 hour shifts that rotate from day to night

Management poor no effort put into anything

Human Resources non existent management are bullies no appreciation always expect more you will never be good enough and if you are you will be perceived as a threat and put the door

Cons

Uncaring

All Aspects

I was an employee for 8 years. Job is easy, Management is an absolutely atroicious. HR manager has no soul. People are great! Union tries but never succeeds. Easyyyyy job, if you can deal with all the bull that the management is goin to throw at you. This was the cornwall plant.

Pros

Money

Cons

Everything else .

Accounting Department Is Terrible

Manager of local accounting office seems to enjoy yelling at or denigrating staff. Puts staff down in front of staff in same and other departments. Overall, a bully. HR has been told, and does nothing.During month end and quarter end processes 12-14 hr days are expected.The Company as a whole seems as if it could be decent, but there are a few toxic people who poison the atmosphere.

Pros

Salaries are above average for the area

Cons

Toxic management. Very long work hours.

Not a great place

Hard work at times and management sucks. 12 hour shift rotation doesn't leave alot for personal time/family. The pay is good once you work your way into it.

Good experience

It was a long time ago so nothing much to say except that it was an experience in in a domain that was new to me I had never thought of working in such type business.

Cafeteria

Area managers were good but company run on shoestring budget. Think India will be making most of the products from now on. See Truro's last large employer going to India

Pros

Cons

hot long hours

Great place for an apprentice millwright

My experience as a maintenance mechanic at intertape Polymer Group was probably the best work experience of my life so far. The only reason I left was because it is so far from where I live in Halifax. The people are great and easy to get along with, Brett, the maintenance supervisor is easily the best boss I've ever had, and the work is interesting and extremely varied. This is the perfect place to learn as an apprentice millwright because every piece of equipment you could want to wolearn to work on is used in the plant.

Pros

People, safe work environment, interesting work

They fired a veteran with underlying conditions for taking time off during the pandemic.

They talk safety but the truth is they really don't care. Your just a number to them. A Veteran with two or three of the most common underlying conditions leading to death tried to protect his health and his families by staying home during the Pandemic, so they fired him. Low Class, Low Care. No morals. As soon as I find another job, I'm gone.

It's a job

It's a job nothing more, if you decide to work there don't think about advancement just think about how quick you can get another job. the chemicals and dust are going to be there down fall , People should've been using masks 30 years ago,

I'd never suggest to anyone to work here.

I have already said it all. The worst place I have ever worked. Insanity at its best. Insanity at its best. Poor management. A very dangerous place and very filthy environment.

stressful but fun

depending on the day, season or time. there are days when mornings are hectic and other days its chill. theres months when its really busy and times when its just busy or normal

Not worth it

The work was ok but the leadership was horrible. High turnover. They don’t try to engage their employees. Like the Leader will fly off the handle and yell at you for doing something wrong in your first couple of weeks. And you were shown it once and it was fixable. Not something permanent on a financial statement. This isn’t a structured place with process documents to help you learn or understand what you’re doing. And you can’t ask many people because they don’t stay

production, great crew

I was hired in a mass hire. Then just shortly before my three month probation was up they did a mass lay off. Terminal nating all the new 18 or so employees they just took on as FULLTIME associates. .

Stable company, great team working ambiance

Company in expansion (several acquisitions over the years) Great work atmosphere Team players Management reachable Good offices location, accessible by bus Parking

Very professional and passionate management

Very professional and passionate management. Encouraging every step of the way and offering more different tasks, as to feel challenged and valued. Colleagues were very supportive and friendly from the first day.

Pros

Home-like atmosphere

Beware of ipg cantech cornwall

BEWARE OF IPG CANTECH Cornwall Ontario, Canada. Many upset and angry people with IPG takeover. Was a company business for over 40 years. Now there is much dismay and satisfaction with the changes in place. Plant Operations Manager quit after 6 months. Says something.

Pros

Easy to get to

Cons

No propoer Management

Decent workplace if you can handle long hours

Work is easy once you get a handle on it and your fellow co works are more than happy to help you out. Pay is pretty good with a small bonus when your working the weekends and on night shifts. A lot of your work is mainly determined by what department you end up working in.

Pros

Cares about employee safety, co workers are good.

Cons

Long hours and rotating shift work

fast growing company

safety lunch, group insurance, company benefits and much more all that bothers me is rotating shifts but the rest is perfect, management is good if you are perfect and honest.

Pros

good pay

Cons

rotating 12 hour shifts

Painfull

Loved the job but also gave it all I got to make it less stressful after building my way up I got terminated over and injury and was told to take 3 weeks off with a doctor's note and a return date only to be fired the day I returned wish I could back but they know they did me wrong and won't bother even giving me an answer

Pros

Coworkers become family pay is perfect

Cons

Corrupt managemnent disposable workers

Awesome Mentoring System

They take chances on people and offer them the chance to grow and shine, even to the extent of helping them grow out of the company. This international giant still devotes time to every employee's needs. It was a great privilege to work here.

Pros

Personal Growth

Cons

relocated out of reach

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intertape Polymer. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement