Intertape Polymer Group

Intertape Polymer Group Employee Reviews

It was a long time ago so nothing much to say except that it was an experience in in a domain that was new to me I had never thought of working in such type business.
Area managers were good but company run on shoestring budget. Think India will be making most of the products from now on. See Truro's last large employer going to India
Pros
Cons
hot long hours
My experience as a maintenance mechanic at intertape Polymer Group was probably the best work experience of my life so far. The only reason I left was because it is so far from where I live in Halifax. The people are great and easy to get along with, Brett, the maintenance supervisor is easily the best boss I've ever had, and the work is interesting and extremely varied. This is the perfect place to learn as an apprentice millwright because every piece of equipment you could want to wolearn to work on is used in the plant.
Pros
People, safe work environment, interesting work
They talk safety but the truth is they really don't care. Your just a number to them. A Veteran with two or three of the most common underlying conditions leading to death tried to protect his health and his families by staying home during the Pandemic, so they fired him. Low Class, Low Care. No morals. As soon as I find another job, I'm gone.
It's a job nothing more, if you decide to work there don't think about advancement just think about how quick you can get another job. the chemicals and dust are going to be there down fall , People should've been using masks 30 years ago,
I have already said it all. The worst place I have ever worked. Insanity at its best. Insanity at its best. Poor management. A very dangerous place and very filthy environment.
depending on the day, season or time. there are days when mornings are hectic and other days its chill. theres months when its really busy and times when its just busy or normal
The work was ok but the leadership was horrible. High turnover. They don’t try to engage their employees. Like the Leader will fly off the handle and yell at you for doing something wrong in your first couple of weeks. And you were shown it once and it was fixable. Not something permanent on a financial statement. This isn’t a structured place with process documents to help you learn or understand what you’re doing. And you can’t ask many people because they don’t stay
I was hired in a mass hire. Then just shortly before my three month probation was up they did a mass lay off. Terminal nating all the new 18 or so employees they just took on as FULLTIME associates. .
Company in expansion (several acquisitions over the years) Great work atmosphere Team players Management reachable Good offices location, accessible by bus Parking
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Intertape Polymer Group?
Very professional and passionate management. Encouraging every step of the way and offering more different tasks, as to feel challenged and valued. Colleagues were very supportive and friendly from the first day.
Pros
Home-like atmosphere
BEWARE OF IPG CANTECH Cornwall Ontario, Canada. Many upset and angry people with IPG takeover. Was a company business for over 40 years. Now there is much dismay and satisfaction with the changes in place. Plant Operations Manager quit after 6 months. Says something.
Pros
Easy to get to
Cons
No propoer Management
Work is easy once you get a handle on it and your fellow co works are more than happy to help you out. Pay is pretty good with a small bonus when your working the weekends and on night shifts. A lot of your work is mainly determined by what department you end up working in.
Pros
Cares about employee safety, co workers are good.
Cons
Long hours and rotating shift work
safety lunch, group insurance, company benefits and much more all that bothers me is rotating shifts but the rest is perfect, management is good if you are perfect and honest.
Pros
good pay
Cons
rotating 12 hour shifts
Loved the job but also gave it all I got to make it less stressful after building my way up I got terminated over and injury and was told to take 3 weeks off with a doctor's note and a return date only to be fired the day I returned wish I could back but they know they did me wrong and won't bother even giving me an answer
Pros
Coworkers become family pay is perfect
Cons
Corrupt managemnent disposable workers
They take chances on people and offer them the chance to grow and shine, even to the extent of helping them grow out of the company. This international giant still devotes time to every employee's needs. It was a great privilege to work here.
Pros
Personal Growth
Cons
relocated out of reach
this was a good place to work.alot of different jobs to work on site.supervisors are good if you have a issue with anything.pay is good raises are on time.
Pros
wages
Cons
rotation shifts
At first the job was great, however management has changed course and does not provide guidance or direction to employees. Also the continually restructured the group for the last 2 years.
I enjoyed working for this company. Staff and co-workers are awesome. A typical work day at Polymer can be stressful at first until you know exactly how things run. The spring and summer days can be extremely warm. The most enjoyable part of working at Intertape was completely all tasks by the end of the day. A good production day is a happy management day! Overall, Polymer is a great place to work
Pros
pay is good
Cons
long hours, and working every second weekend
Management are horrible especially the Director who in a few short months created a toxic work environment. She had no clue what she was doing but was nonetheless supported by senior management in Florida. The morale in the office is at an all time low. HR is no better and does not support complaints by the employees.
Pros
Co-workers are great.
Cons
Lousy salary/benefits. Disrespectful management/HR..
I took a position the manager felt I wouldn't have liked and grew it into an opportunity. I felt involved and a great sense of ownership while developing their inside sales team and I am deeply grateful to the VP Sales for his guidance and reminders of patience with the senior salesforce, as they were in their own learning curves. It remains one of the most rewarding growth experiences of my career and I would gladly work with them again, given the opportunity.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
they are now Florida based.