International SOS

International SOS Employee Reviews for Paramedic

Paramedic4 reviews
Canada4 reviews

paycompanymanagementgoodtimejobworkoffice

Met some great practitioners but management is terrible!

At an operations level the staff and leads were awesome, anything above that is a disaster. I honestly don't know why those people get paid. Communication is non existent and there is a ton of "used car salesman" tactics. Best practice and continuing education are an afterthought and the medical director seems to be completely uninvolved or uninterested. Travel is not paid, there is no RRSP contributions and wages are average. Typical EMS puppy mill.

Pros

Always hiring

Awesome

I started in late 2012 in PNG realizing that ISOS is a family and like every family has growing curves, though not often but as problems may it be flights or pay etc these issues where always quickly and decisively corrected. Then the human factor... The professionalism with in the Pom office was in balance with caring and thoughtfulness. I miss those folks

Insights into International SOS

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Support from manager

getting ready to get weird

I've never seen a company somehow do so well while being woefully inadequate to offer the services it is selling. Some of the staff currently employed in full-time positions are simply terrible human beings. It's like the penalty box of emergency services. This is the result of not doing interviews, background checks, or skill assessments. If you got the ticket you get the job no questions asked. After a supply chain failure I tried warning about several times, I had to quit despite a very lucrative position. The perks, location, and full-time work are not worth compromising contractor and public safety. Management should be ashamed of themselves for selling a false bill of goods. I'm happy to have washed my hands of this terrible company. There's a reason why they are desperate for new employees all of the time - the good ones jump ship when they can.

Could have been Great

Disorganized with little structure and support for field staff. Middle managers try hard but senior management above operations is poor to nonexistent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at International SOS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement