International SOS logo
International SOS

International SOS Employee Reviews in Fort McMurray, AB

3.3Pay & benefits

SOS indeed!

“ A lot of people think that the distress signal is an abbreviation for “save our souls” or “save our ship.” But in reality, "save our souls" and "save our ship" are backronyms, and the letters don't actually stand for anything.” I couldn’t think of a better way to describe this company. If you’re a doctor or nurse ISOS has lots of opportunities for you. If you are EMR, PCP, firefighter or rescue tech then prepare to be disappointed. No interview or physical orientation process, endless online training that has nothing to do with job description, terrible scheduling department that will send you all over the province within 72 hours, no in-house training for rope techs or firefighters, no education or retirement programs, cheap gear, ugly uniforms, random trucks that say CIP or Heartlake on them, co-workers with extremely questionable skills or ethics, horrible management that refuses to listen to any feedback. There are some pros. If you get hired you get benefits immediately since they are so desperate for people. Some sites have really good crews on them that are insulated from head office. They have some work local to big cities like Fort Mac or Edmonton. The pay is pretty low for industrial standards so the good doesn’t outweigh the bad. Only apply if you are desperate for work or really need to get your teeth fixed.

There’s a reason why they constantly look for people

They under bid everyone so they got the job. They cut positions. Cut pay and doubled the work load. As a 1st year on site. I was making as much as a 5yr. They cut his pay to my level. Management says they listen but don’t. They don’t care about their employees. In the one year I was on site, they cycled through over 60 different people within the company. I would strongly suggest not working for them as they don’t listen to their employees and don’t have supervisors that are qualified. The problems start at the very top and the workings at the bottom pay for it. There was no raise incentive for working there. Also, their pay toll input is the worst I’ve ever encountered.

Pros

Other workers were great

Cons

Literally everything else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at International SOS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement