International SOS

International SOS Employee Reviews

Great company, ok pay

I've had pretty good work experience with this company, and while we're not paid as much as we'd like, they'll pay for courses if you're full time which is a huge bonus. At least on the Fire Fighting and EMS side. I have no idea what the rest of the company is like.

Management lacking skills and asking questions is identified as a negative.

The induction period was the worst chaos (leading to stressful) I had ever had in my entire career life which led, as to be expected, to mistakes. It also became apparent to me in the second month that I was being assigned tasks contrary to those I had agreed to be employed for. I mentioned these aspects to my Team Lead and looking at the fact that I was let go I guessed they did not appreciate my honest feedback.A crucial change management process was taking place and left in the hands of an inexperienced and insecure Nurse Manager who had no clue about leading a nursing team through change management processes and equally inexperienced Team Lead's. The Nurse Manager's solution to confrontation and challenges was either ignoring, silencing the individual or expressing disapproval. Apparently the nursing staff were supposed to be grateful for working from home and getting the salaries they were getting - birds in golden cages. I really did not expect this from a diverse and global corporate organisation.

Pros

Working from home and over average salary.

Cons

Inflexible working hours, inexperienced Nurse Management team and the pay process of On-call duty is considered free time, contrary to the norm.

Very competitive and highly focused on ability to generate revenue

The interview process to over 6-months. Since it was a new position the job description kept changing. Once the offer came through and I was hired, the on-boarding process was very difficult. Initially I was reporting directly to the regional CEO and he had no time for me. Luckily the VP who recommended me for the position took me under her wing and helped me get acclimated to the company and the job.After several re-structures I was aligned with a regional team that made the work easier to prioritize and complete.

Pros

Competitive compensation

Cons

Stress on revenue generation.

Sounds good at first but in reality not so good.

Not honest and upfront with you. Terrible experience supervised by Physician Assistants from Ontario. They fired NP’s to hire PO’s, not good. 😟 Just a bad experience all around.

Not worth your time

Very poor management. The work culture is very toxic and they do not care who they hire. As a healthcare professional I was horrified by the actions of some of the staff including those in management positions.

Cons

Work culture

Interesting Environment- Great Company Mission

Not much room for advancement within HR. The company has a great mission and a great, caring company culture. It is an overall, great place to work. The VP of HR is great!

Pros

Free bagels on Fridays

Cons

Cubicle environment - HR doesn’t have offices

Stressful starting out to busy to and lack of experience to train properly

Management in the supply chain takes on everyone else job so if your looking to be a babysitter for grown ups here's the job for you and the best part they act friendly ask away if ya need help yea that's a lie just a head up you get a week and they will always act like we're a team there not.In my opinion to help ya out if you don't like being spoke to like a small child this job is not for you!Been warned

Pros

Monday to Friday is nice

Cons

Lack of experience

I love this job

I have been working here for more than 2 years, and I am honestly in love with this job. Yes it can get hard and stressful, but it all worth it at the end of your shift because you were able to help someone. Management is great and caring. With my full time school working just 3 days is AMAZING!

Pros

People, schedule

Cons

Can get stressful:)

Millennial Management is POOR

*They make all kinds of big promises, BUT they are disorganized and dishonest! *So many meetings there is no time to work!*Foul Language in Open Space Office *Proper tools to do the job are slow to appear*Clients need to ask more questions about the costs*Office staff spend a lot of time SICK*Onboarding and Training are sloppy and disjointed.*HR and Manager Openly LIE!

Pros

NOTHING they are a CCP company!

Cons

Lies

Professional Group That Respects Its Teams

ISOS has contracts worldwide. It tends to hire people with experience in order to join specific medical teams. This combination of experience helps the teams succeed, which means that patients survive in remote areas. This would not happen if the management was poor.

Pros

Locations

Cons

Pay

Jobs at International SOS

See more jobs

Low pay and low morale

A company that strives to pay as low as it and succeeds in the main. High turn over of staff and basically a glorified body shop under the guise of a "medical" company. Low pay low morale, better off working in the NHS than this shower. Another North Sea 3rd rate contractor.

Pros

Nil

Cons

Poor pay

Casual workers are treated like they do not matter

It's very disorganised. No training. Nurses are paid way more for doing the same job as casual workers. I saw myself doing way more work than the nurses whilst they all chat! They were paying 1.5 pay for a Sunday and just decided to stop this. Nurses are paid x2 of their salary. It's rediculous and treated like you do not matter.

Pros

The job itself is OK

Cons

Pay is hurrendous and casual workers treated badly

Productive and innovative

Great company to work for with amazing benefits. Employers and staff are friendly and a pleasure to work with. Management style differs from department to department

Pros

Pension fund, medical aid, room for growth

Toxic work environment

This company claims to care about employees safety and well-being but they don’t. The only business priorities are profits. This is the most toxic work environment I’ve ever worked in. The senior management micro- manage staff and try to control every detail of work life. There are minimal benefits and very high staff turnover. I would not recommend anyone work here.

Not a healthy work environment for nurses

The best part of this job was assisting the the military members. The nurses are very professional, compassionate and hardworking. This is a very high pace call center like environment, with a lot of nursing and clerical documentation involved. Nurses are constantly rushed to pick up the phone to answer a call (if does not matter if you 5+ open cases with unfinished documentation) you will be told to get on the phone. Every year there is more work to do but there is no monetary compensation. Nurses frequently have to stay passed their shift to complete cases. Some of the operational staff treat the RN's in a very unprofessional and condescending manner. Nurses are burnout and struggle to provide good quality service. Unfortunately they are focusing in quantity based in number of cases completed based in daily #s (which is unrealistic 1 case can take your whole day). The nurse manager is approachable, and has organized the team. It would be helpful if the nurse manager is more active in case management. Too many changes to be implemented in a short period of time with no proper training. The Medical Director needs to dedicate time to study and learn the department policies. The DON has small interaction with the nurses and also needs to learn the department specifics. The nurses really need to be shown appreciation , they are wonderful. Every day as a nurse you will learn something new, and will not get bored. High nurse turnover, and there is no plan for nurses retention.

Pros

Professional & Friendly Nurses, Free lunches, 1 hour lunch, multicultural environment.

Cons

Very disorganized, lack of communication, need improvement in leadership

Very stressful!

Colleagues and management can be pretty back stabbing. Doctors are very rude and nobody does anything about it. Director of Doctors never greeted us, so I guess it flows from the top.

Pros

Benefits are great and the compesation is competitive

Cons

Mentally stressful especially during busy periods

Stressful and disappointing

International SOS company from nursing, to medical director and HR lacked integrity and values. Very disappointing. I do not recommend this company.

Pros

Cons

Too many Chiefs

Collaborative and Supportive Team Members and Managers

Due to the change in management, the team has been handled very well by our management team. Our recommendations are heard and some of it were implemented as well. Career development is being promoted internally through various external and internal trainings. Employee engagement is very visible and accepted my all medical professionals working across sites. Health and security webinars are provided for free wherein discussions on latest health trends and updates are shared to various stakeholders. Health benefits are included in our health packages. Trainings are paid by the company at no cost to the applicant. Employees' efforts are recognized quarterly and annually.

Operations Coordinator

Dealing with overwhelming calls and not being able to open cases efficiently, in addition to coordinating the medical appointment and bills.Its a call center for business travelers, those on long term work assignments ( expatriate aka Expats ) , and students /faculty traveling abroad. These travelers call in for assitance with relations to medical situations and secuirty situations ( mostly medical).

Pros

3 days of work, 4 days off, Free when the calls are overwhelming.

Cons

Unrealistic KPIs, Inconsistent career development when the work load is overwhelming, which happens often. .

Almost cult-like, toxic company culture. Don’t touch with a barge pole.

Horrible place to work.Nearly two months of intensive training which turned out to be pretty much irrelevant to the actual job. Once on the “platform” the shifts are horrible, the place is under-staffed, managers have zero management skills and if your face doesn’t fit, then you might as well start looking for another job. There’s no work/life balance, tons of ridiculous expectations and no benefits part from reduced rates of health insurance.There’s a state of panic in every shift - a very stressful place to work with an extremely high turnover of staff. People either stay there for the long-term but have no life and probably no soul left at the end of it or they last for a few months.Working here makes you ill. Avoid like the plague/coronavirus/the Tories.

Pros

Reduced private healthcare insurance

Cons

Too many to mention - see description.

Great To work there with great support from management and fellow employees

Very professional and a great company to work for, pity Covid 19 happened and retrenchment happened, Would definetly work here again given the chance. Great work ethics and very professional company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at International SOS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement

Compare International SOS with

• International SOS
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?