International SOS logo
International SOS
View all International SOS reviews

International SOS

International SOS Employee Review

There’s a reason why they constantly look for people

They under bid everyone so they got the job. They cut positions. Cut pay and doubled the work load. As a 1st year on site. I was making as much as a 5yr. They cut his pay to my level. Management says they listen but don’t. They don’t care about their employees. In the one year I was on site, they cycled through over 60 different people within the company. I would strongly suggest not working for them as they don’t listen to their employees and don’t have supervisors that are qualified. The problems start at the very top and the workings at the bottom pay for it. There was no raise incentive for working there. Also, their pay toll input is the worst I’ve ever encountered.

Pros

Other workers were great

Cons

Literally everything else.

1.0Job security/advancement

Same location

SOS indeed!

“ A lot of people think that the distress signal is an abbreviation for “save our souls” or “save our ship.” But in reality, "save our souls" and "save our ship" are backronyms, and the letters don't actually stand for anything.” I couldn’t think of a better way to describe this company. If you’re a doctor or nurse ISOS has lots of opportunities for you. If you are EMR, PCP, firefighter or rescue tech then prepare to be disappointed. No interview or physical orientation process, endless online training that has nothing to do with job description, terrible scheduling department that will send you all over the province within 72 hours, no in-house training for rope techs or firefighters, no education or retirement programs, cheap gear, ugly uniforms, random trucks that say CIP or Heartlake on them, co-workers with extremely questionable skills or ethics, horrible management that refuses to listen to any feedback. There are some pros. If you get hired you get benefits immediately since they are so desperate for people. Some sites have really good crews on them that are insulated from head office. They have some work local to big cities like Fort Mac or Edmonton. The pay is pretty low for industrial standards so the good doesn’t outweigh the bad. Only apply if you are desperate for work or really need to get your teeth fixed.

Stressful starting out to busy to and lack of experience to train properly

Management in the supply chain takes on everyone else job so if your looking to be a babysitter for grown ups here's the job for you and the best part they act friendly ask away if ya need help yea that's a lie just a head up you get a week and they will always act like we're a team there not.In my opinion to help ya out if you don't like being spoke to like a small child this job is not for you!Been warned

Pros

Monday to Friday is nice

Cons

Lack of experience

Millennial Management is POOR

*They make all kinds of big promises, BUT they are disorganized and dishonest! *So many meetings there is no time to work!*Foul Language in Open Space Office *Proper tools to do the job are slow to appear*Clients need to ask more questions about the costs*Office staff spend a lot of time SICK*Onboarding and Training are sloppy and disjointed.*HR and Manager Openly LIE!

Pros

NOTHING they are a CCP company!

Cons

Lies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at International SOS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement

Compare International SOS with

• International SOS
  • There’s a reason why they constantly look for people