International SOS

International SOS Employee Reviews

Canada39 reviews

paycompanymanagementgoodtimejobworkoffice

It’s what you make it

No support from management team. There is opportunities for advancement if you put in the effort, you just actually have to work. Some workers are hired with only standby oil field experience, and not qualified nor certified for the position they are in. Employees should have repercussions for poor work ethic and behaviour. I do understand the disciplinary process, and understand that disciplinary action to an employee is private, but the workers should know that it’s being dealt with.

Pros

The team is what makes it

Cons

Management and lazy workers

Not worth it

No direct and minimal support from head office/management. No opportunity for advancement. Hard working good employees don't get rewarded, and poor work ethic and unquailified workers don't get written up or terminate

Insights into International SOS

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Support from manager

Decent overall company!

Good company, lots of work as well. Most are camp related jobs, so you're fairly remote. A little understaffed but with covid, it's understandable entirely.

Pros

Tons of work

Cons

Long Hours

Excellent company

Would highly recommend working for this company. Given an opportunity to work in a new field and truly enjoyed it.The other staff members are wonderful, helpful and professional.

Pros

New opponents, excellent team, supportive, above average wage, flexible

Cons

Working out of town, unpredictable

Love working for International SOS

Everybody is great, all the staff and managers. Thank you for letting me work for you guys! So work schedule is 14 days on and 14 days off 12 hour shifts per day = more time with your family once your 14 days is over!

Pros

Free accommodation and food

Environnement stimulant

Très belle expérience de travail. Employeur à l'écoute des besoins. Horaire stable.

Great experience working away from home.

Great opportunity to experience camp setting. Independent work, minimal supervision. All meals covered while away at camp, flight and accommodation are also covered.

Pros

Meals and flight covered. Great pay

Cons

Taxes are high almost 40% of earnings. Away from home for weeks at a time.

Met some great practitioners but management is terrible!

At an operations level the staff and leads were awesome, anything above that is a disaster. I honestly don't know why those people get paid. Communication is non existent and there is a ton of "used car salesman" tactics. Best practice and continuing education are an afterthought and the medical director seems to be completely uninvolved or uninterested. Travel is not paid, there is no RRSP contributions and wages are average. Typical EMS puppy mill.

Pros

Always hiring

Good pay

More direction in regards to training on utilizing all equipment, processes and paperwork. Kind of difficult to work in Ontario when all offices and management contacts are in Alberta.

Pros

Travel, meals and accomdations paid for while working remote

Cons

Very little direction

Great place to work.

I really enjoyed working for this company. Staff were helpful and fun to work with. The only downside was it was a little disorganized at times, but overall would recommend this to other nurses.

Pros

Great pay. Enjoyable work experience.

Cons

Not a lot of information given at time of hire.

Integrated FF ACP

Paid poorly, less than nurses but they don’t have to work out in the field as a FF also. treated poorer than nurses and x ray staff for some reason. Not salary, no vacation time or sick time or pension or rrsp.

Sounds good at first but in reality not so good.

Not honest and upfront with you. Terrible experience supervised by Physician Assistants from Ontario. They fired NP’s to hire PO’s, not good. 😟 Just a bad experience all around.

Not worth your time

Very poor management. The work culture is very toxic and they do not care who they hire. As a healthcare professional I was horrified by the actions of some of the staff including those in management positions.

Cons

Work culture

Stressful starting out to busy to and lack of experience to train properly

Management in the supply chain takes on everyone else job so if your looking to be a babysitter for grown ups here's the job for you and the best part they act friendly ask away if ya need help yea that's a lie just a head up you get a week and they will always act like we're a team there not.In my opinion to help ya out if you don't like being spoke to like a small child this job is not for you!Been warned

Pros

Monday to Friday is nice

Cons

Lack of experience

Millennial Management is POOR

*They make all kinds of big promises, BUT they are disorganized and dishonest! *So many meetings there is no time to work!*Foul Language in Open Space Office *Proper tools to do the job are slow to appear*Clients need to ask more questions about the costs*Office staff spend a lot of time SICK*Onboarding and Training are sloppy and disjointed.*HR and Manager Openly LIE!

Pros

NOTHING they are a CCP company!

Cons

Lies

Don't know how to run their Leduc location.

Take the warnings and stay away! They seem nice at first but will stab you in the back when they feel the need. The Leduc location does not know how to run a business.

Pros

Reasonable pay and free food sometimes.

Cons

No job security and stability.

Awesome

I started in late 2012 in PNG realizing that ISOS is a family and like every family has growing curves, though not often but as problems may it be flights or pay etc these issues where always quickly and decisively corrected. Then the human factor... The professionalism with in the Pom office was in balance with caring and thoughtfulness. I miss those folks

Very slow days, some other staff is amazing, others try to bully you into doing what the want you to

Most people were amazing but other staff on my cross shift tried to take my hours and make it seem as if it had to happen and i was the bullied when i didn't't let it happen. No notice with regards to shifts so you don't know when you'd be headed to work or leaving. There is no steady work.

getting ready to get weird

I've never seen a company somehow do so well while being woefully inadequate to offer the services it is selling. Some of the staff currently employed in full-time positions are simply terrible human beings. It's like the penalty box of emergency services. This is the result of not doing interviews, background checks, or skill assessments. If you got the ticket you get the job no questions asked. After a supply chain failure I tried warning about several times, I had to quit despite a very lucrative position. The perks, location, and full-time work are not worth compromising contractor and public safety. Management should be ashamed of themselves for selling a false bill of goods. I'm happy to have washed my hands of this terrible company. There's a reason why they are desperate for new employees all of the time - the good ones jump ship when they can.

Could have been Great

Disorganized with little structure and support for field staff. Middle managers try hard but senior management above operations is poor to nonexistent

SOS indeed!

“ A lot of people think that the distress signal is an abbreviation for “save our souls” or “save our ship.” But in reality, "save our souls" and "save our ship" are backronyms, and the letters don't actually stand for anything.” I couldn’t think of a better way to describe this company. If you’re a doctor or nurse ISOS has lots of opportunities for you. If you are EMR, PCP, firefighter or rescue tech then prepare to be disappointed. No interview or physical orientation process, endless online training that has nothing to do with job description, terrible scheduling department that will send you all over the province within 72 hours, no in-house training for rope techs or firefighters, no education or retirement programs, cheap gear, ugly uniforms, random trucks that say CIP or Heartlake on them, co-workers with extremely questionable skills or ethics, horrible management that refuses to listen to any feedback. There are some pros. If you get hired you get benefits immediately since they are so desperate for people. Some sites have really good crews on them that are insulated from head office. They have some work local to big cities like Fort Mac or Edmonton. The pay is pretty low for industrial standards so the good doesn’t outweigh the bad. Only apply if you are desperate for work or really need to get your teeth fixed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at International SOS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement