International SOS Employee Reviews

There’s a reason why they constantly look for people
Fire (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 February 2019
They under bid everyone so they got the job. They cut positions. Cut pay and doubled the work load. As a 1st year on site. I was making as much as a 5yr. They cut his pay to my level. Management says they listen but don’t. They don’t care about their employees. In the one year I was on site, they cycled through over 60 different people within the company. I would strongly suggest not working for them as they don’t listen to their employees and don’t have supervisors that are qualified. The problems start at the very top and the workings at the bottom pay for it. There was no raise incentive for working there. Also, their pay toll input is the worst I’ve ever encountered.
Pros
Other workers were great
Cons
Literally everything else.
Serious lack of communication from management to frontline staff!
ACP (Former Employee) –  Alberta/Saskatchewan2 December 2018
SOS or CIP was very keen to use my level of education (ACP) and have myself mobilize to site in less than 48 hrs notice. Once onsite, I was never contacted again from deployment and kindly opened an email a week later directing me how to properly fill out billing. I strongly feel spending quality educational insight towards the informing the practitioner prior to sending off into the wild blue yonder. No practitioner needs to feel ill prepared; it’s our license on the line!! ALL of us (EMR, PCP, and ACP) expect respect and transparency and you shall receive that in return. Works both ways!
At no point was there any structural direction on how to complete your Timesheet! Yes, I too would like my money in a timely scheduled manner just like you.
Never received return emails or phone call from upper management for insight direction with contractor. We got you there; now fend for yourself!
Pros
Good pay, new equipment, new truck, fuel card
Cons
Zero communication, your on your own, broken promises, receiving correct payment
Horrible management with no regards for their employees.
Fire captain (Former Employee) –  Alberta Avenue, AB7 September 2018
The worst company I have worked for not ISOS but Canadian Industrial Paramedics. Fire director is clueless and is a weak individual. They ignore obvious safety issues when brought to there attention and also try to hide injuries to workers. Only a matter of time before they loss the contract.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Horrible and I mean horrible management
The meat grinder keeps churning...
EMR (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 July 2018
This place is garbage. Ever since getting bought out, CIP has been a sinking ship kept afloat by Singapore. There is a high rate of turn over with management and the current crop at head office has little to zero industrial or municipal experience. Instead of investing in employees they just keep hiring new people. This leads to an endless cycle of employees being hired and then moving onto better opportunities, often at the expense of jobs or contracts. This company has lost several contracts due to a lack of attention to detail.
Pros
Some sites are decent and can provide long term employment with good teams on-site.
Cons
No employee education or investment, Zero team or culture building, Spotty safety practices such as sending firefighters to jobs without structural gear, Unannounced pay cuts even if you previously had a raise, Cheap equipment and uniforms, No benefits or healthcare for seasonal staff
Aspire is a Scam. Int SOS should be ashamed to assoc. with them.
Customer Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON21 April 2017
Absolutely no regard for the employee. False promises of shift bids and opportunity. Management is only in it for their individual bonus and personal gain. No morale on the floor and front end employee is treated like they are expendable. No wonder there is a new training class every month. Forced to do overtime. There is no work-life balance. Company needs a new vision and mission.
Pros
Ability to make friends who feel just as disgruntled
Cons
Everything, especially managent
Primary Care Paramedic
Primary Care Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BC2 February 2017
Manager was great to work for, high paced industrial medicine job. Lots of new skills outside of prehospital settings that you wouldn't usually get working on an ambulance or in an industrial setting.
Good place to work, beautiful accomodations, great coworkers
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC5 January 2017
Awesome place to work, the camp is beautiful, the people are very nice and friendly, I learned self discipline, communication skills and administration skills. Highly recommend getting a position here
Bel établissement qui procède selon les normes et les standards pour la prévention des risques santé et sécurité des entreprises
Infirmier auxiliaire (Current Employee) –  Fort Dauphin Madagascar21 November 2016
Bon environnement de travail, surtout le travail d'équipe. Plein de choses à apprendre surtout des formations et des simulations des cas toutes les semaines.
Pros
Repas gratuit, navette pour les personnels
Cons
Courtes pauses
Typical empty promises and distrust we've come to expect from companies like this...
EMT (Former Employee) –  Alberta5 November 2015
Great corporate marketing strategy. They love to tout their workers experience and credentials, yet fail to offer advancement. The pay and shift made the job lucritive, both have since been scaled back...
They are still growing
Executive Assistant, to the President (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON26 November 2014
Still growing and very busy. Each day brings a new challenge. Management needs more training, mostly male oriented. No room to grow, the office is too small, teh company too large, all in all not a bad place to work. There seems to be a lack of communication from Management.
Pros
Cons
no direction from management