International Justice Mission Employee Reviews

Rigorous and Motivated Advocacy and Training
Government and Community Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil Nadu16 June 2018
At IJM, I gained a priceless work experience that allowed me to recognize my strengths as a researcher, writer, and cross-cultural team member. I value the opportunity I had to work in the field of global social justice with other faith-driven advocates, lawyers, social workers, and communicators for a year.
Very good work place
Accounts Payable Specialist - Contract (Former Employee) –  Crystal City, VA11 April 2018
Managers,Always attentive and helpful
to make sure the work flow was good and that the proper training was given. Good work place and fun activities.
Challenging fellowship
Legal Fellow (Former Employee) –  India22 March 2018
Great place to work in the field—-highly collaborative and really felt like I was making a difference. However, on boarding process at HQ and field office can be highly improved.
Effective and a fun workplace
Caseworker/Investigator (Former Employee) –  Manila, Philippines30 January 2018
Can contribute and be effective and a fun workplace. Can easily adopt in work of environment and have a good management and have a balance lifestyle .
Pros
paid overtime
Cons
healthcare
N/a
Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  Bengaluru, Karnataka11 January 2018
International Justice Mission is an international human rights non-governmental organization based in the U.S., with several field offices located throughout the globe.
Work/Life well balanced
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Kigali, Rwanda9 January 2018
International Justice Mission is a very good Employer I ever saw in my life. Everything they do for employees are excellent and I was so sad to leave them,
Excellent
Senior Payroll Consultant/Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC10 September 2017
Love working with IJM. excellent company to work for.lots of work-life balance. Leadership was awesome.love my manager. CEO is excellent guy. Pay is ok
Pros
na
Cons
na
Ijm
Investigations Intern (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra29 August 2017
IJM is a great place to work. The work culture is something you cant beat there. It is a mix of work and and having a good time. I would highly recommend.
Productivity and relationship
Contingency Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Nairobi13 August 2017
I was the first Contingency Manager and I immediately picked from nowhere and by the time I left after one year of service I left a vibrant and operational department having made many positive changes.I formulated the security SOPs and security manuals and the Contingency operation orders which were very successfully implemented.I left a well trained security staff.
To sum up my productivity was felt by the management ,the clients and the general staff fraternity.
I made a lot of friends both nationally and internationally.
Pros
There were well organised retreats.
Cons
Some times multiple instructions .There was no one to delegate to.
Productive and training work place full of new challenges
Human Resource/ Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  International Justice Mission Uganda25 May 2017
We did have a lot of play time to bond and build teamwork.
Some was in house and other was out door.
It helped a lot to know people's temperaments and characters, resilience and patience.
Games also helped burn off stress and build new energies.
Pros
Yes, we did have free lunches and retreats paid for by the organization
Cons
Breaks were respected, granted when required
An Experience
HR & Admin Intern (Former Employee) –  Bangalore1 May 2017
As an Intern I had learned as well as contributed to a greater extent for the Organisation. My Journey was a very pleasant one and, also had the exposure of encountering tremendous experiences !

Key Responsibilities :

1. Recruitment.
2. Setting up Provident Fund Accounts for New Hire.
3. Medical Insurance for Staff and Corporate Cab facilities.
4. Organizing Time sheets and Leave Trackers of employees.
5. Other Administrative Tasks.

I was focused in working on my role, to attain the objectives given to me, and experienced appraisals for doing so.

It was indeed a pleasurable experience to have been acquainted with this Organisation.
Chapter
Evangelism Leader (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WI13 March 2017
I worked as a chapter leader for IJM. I felt that college leaders should be more in touch with someone from corporate for better communication and general guidelines.
Great place
Senior Payroll Consultant/Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC6 March 2017
Great company. I loved being a part of this company mission statement. Great work environment with work life balance. Leaders are awesome and very supportive of the employees.
Pros
Prayer daily
Cons
Great work environment
A place with a heart
Change Management & Training Lead (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VA1 March 2017
If you like snacks, you will like IJM. Almost every meeting offers a snack. In fact, in some meetings it is required. And birthdays are celebrate with cakes and treats.

The culture is uber Christian which is mostly good in that you can safely leave a wallet on the desk, people are generally very friendly, and there is a lot of grace given for mistakes and life situations.

A very well educated staff who have accomplished many things - from internships in Africa to being a pastor to having a PHD, etc. It would be intimidating if everyone weren't so nice.
Pros
Great mission with dedicated staff
Cons
Culture divide between the management and new hires
Fun workplace
Legal Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kolkata20 February 2017
The organization has taught me multi-tasking in a professional manner. It helped me to perform to the best of my abilities and gain a lot of administrative work experience.
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Long working hours
productive and client focused
Contract Counselor and Government liaison (Former Employee) –  Kigali11 January 2016
The employees were wonderful, and working closely with the clients was so rewarding and satisfying. The management was lacking due to the fact that employee input in any concepts or developments wasn't considered or valued.
Pros
Valued clients
Cons
Organization didn't really value employee input
Fun and spiritual enhanced working environment
security coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pasig, P0024 November 2015
Fun and really motivating place to grow and learn.
the management and director supports you in any way possible for the same.
colleagues are treated fairy and just for the sake of the organization.
Pros
Very nive atmosphere
Cons
N/a
Outstanding NGO
LEGAL OPERATIONS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Gulu, Uganda13 November 2015
A fantastic, results-oriented NGO doing amazing work all around the world. The office I work at is located in Gulu, Uganda, but IJM has field offices all around the world.
The work load was alright but time. I enjoyed interacting with the clients but some of the cases where taking too long to dispose by court.
Administrator (Case Work) (Former Employee) –  Lusaka, Zambia6 November 2015
I managed to put in my best and at the same time had fun and the team work and my christian life was enhanced. The staff were supportative
Pros
christian fellowship and retreats
Cons
abrupt closure of Zambia office
Healthy Workplace
Mobilization Assistant (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC29 July 2015
Overall, it was an incredible opportunity to work at International Justice Mission (IJM). It was an honor to serve alongside my colleagues in the mission to rescue thousands, protect millions, and prove that justice for the poor is possible. My time at IJM was limited due to serving through a contract with temporary status.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at International Justice Mission. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5