Interlake-Eastern RHA

Interlake-Eastern RHA Employee Reviews

Canada17 reviews
Excellent work life balance! Able and encouraged to give presentations.
Learned ALOT from the staff pharmacists!Very happy I worked there, and learned how to actually prepare chemo.
My time at the Interlake-Eastern RHA has given me an opportunity to really grow my skills. I've been supported in many ways and often feel recognized for my work. Many of the individuals I work with embody the organizations values of Collaboration and Respect on a daily basis.

As a rural RHA, the region can encounter many issues as a result of geography. This can be problematic when it comes to overseeing staff, however I think the teams of the region do their best to overcome these challenges and work together to solve problems.

The Interlake-Eastern RHA is a great place to hone skills, and grow as a healthcare professional.
Enjoyed my time working for Interlake-Eastern RHA, learned a lot from the people that worked there. Learnt real life skills such as lawn maintenance and lawn care.
I had a good time working there. They are many opportunities at Interlake-Eastern Health Region that range from mental health to home care to clinical.
There is very poor behaviour from management, sometimes almost childish. Workplace culture is toxic. It is known all over that this region is problematic. Would not recommend anyone to work there, lots of back stabbers. The hardest part of the job was not sure who to trust and who not to. No enjoyment at this job at all
Pros
Cons
Toxic environment
Manager on medicine always crying , and acts like she is on the verge of a nervous breakdown !! No help from her , just likes to harass staff or hide in her office ,
It was a fun and easy place to work, well organized. Managers communicate well and are easy to get along with. Hardest part of the job i don't feel there was one, just focus on work and you're good to go.
Pros
Benefits, stable
Cons
Picking up hours
Great to work for, not enough hours for myself personally, other wise great being able to work in the comfort of the country side, with amazing people.
Hopefully things have improved. Medicine Unit Manager is inept, and running unit into the ground. A lot of good people left or looking to leave because of her. Has tried to ruin careers of nurses I know personally. Upper management is excellent other than who they hired as CTM of Medicine
Cons
This can be a great place to work if management could get on the same page. Instead of making cuts to the front line, they should be making cuts to the people who sit at desks and pretend to know what they're talking about, or putting too much on 1 person so they can't ever solve issues.
Cons
Management (Lack of)
Unfriendly and resentful towards nurses who are not from their communities. Unprofessional management. Harassment and bullying is alive and well. Zero encouragement or kindness. Rude physicians .
Pros
Cons
Zero encouragement. Unfriendly staff.
I feel the Healthcare system is going through some growing pains right now. This is a very busy hospital... full beds all the time and an ER that compares to HSC! We see stars a lot!
Pros
Job security
Cons
Patient to nurse ratio is to high
I have enjoyed being employed by ierha for years now!
While being employed by them I have been responsible for the following :

• Provide various types of care for Seniors in their homes

• Experience with Palliative Care

• Assist with Activities of Daily Living

• Administering Medications

• Assisting with proper lifts and transfers of clients
Work/Life balance is great. Decent benefits and awesome salary. Advancement is limited due long term employees. Management is awesome to work with. Very approachable.
already put this one in was a great place to work...best coworkers having to leave and seeing the wonderful smiles...how to work with a team which is so very important
Pros
work
Cons
good place to work good hours good job if you are willing to work every second weekend. benefits included. it was well organized
social, friendly, hard working group of individuals.

hardest part is meeting deadlines.

co-workers are great

management is very good and enjoyable to work for
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interlake-Eastern RHA. Our community is ready to answer.