Interior HomeCare Solutions

Interior HomeCare Solutions Employee Reviews with Jobs

Canada14 reviews

We don't get together anymore. We used to have Christmas party but that was canceled years ago.

I don't have enough hour to live ,and I don't have ANY hours in winter.i only need 6 to 15 hours a week but I don't have it unless it's summer. I wish we had Christmas party or bonus or small.gift . The company seems very frugal.

Pros

The workers are pretty nice .

Cons

Poor communication between staff and office.

Very secretive company

The position itself in serving my clients was wonderful, i loved my clients, i helped them advance and enjoy more of life. however if there were issues with the caregivers or parents we had no support from the company. I was never told who my boss actually was, never met in person, or had a clear description of what the job was or how to advance. They liked to hire outside of the province, and area, before sourcing for advancement within the company. I found that frustrating myself. there was no company culture, no bonus, no opportunity for advancement.

Insights into Interior HomeCare Solutions

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks
Areas for improvement
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Sense of belonging

Unhealthy work environment

There are constantly battles between lower management and staff, everyone steps on eachother. Some employees think they know everything just because they worked here longer. The upper management lady's seem very nice and caring. But from the rumors and gossip clearly there is no confidentiality in lower management.

Nursing staff is amazing, very poor residential management team

For a while the company was an overall 1 but since the RN have taken over again it's a solid 3, management is still a mess but the newest manager actually has been in the field a while. But the rest are always relying on staff to do things. Training is none existing and they put you in dangerous situations constantly. I find only way things change at the company is when a social worker tells them to change other wise they could care less about staff well being. The union is actually not a union at all and is an for the employer not the employee.

Good Pay, Kind Management, Long hours

The job has always been super supportive of my journey. I am really impressed with the new management and how they care about their employees on a personal level. The work is challenging and it is long hours. These reviews are disgruntled employees that do not do their job with integrity and management holds them accountable.

poor management

the clients and their families are amazing to work alongside, a shame management is inconsistent, gossips, takes sides, rarely answers their phones and never takes accountability for their actions. High turnover, especially in office/management and on more than one occasion management team has lied on resume to get ahead - lots of nepotism. Workers voices aren't heard or considered when it comes to safety

Pros

good pay

Cons

bad management, long hours and not enough training or safety protocols in place

Good pay, bad management.

Limited growth, unprofessional management (gossip, no confidentiality, poor communication with staff and parents). The clients are good, however, high employee turn-over is often detrimental to their growth. When issues arise, staff take the blame.

Pros

Free food, slow-paced, good pay.

Cons

Long hours, management

Management doesn't support staff

Anytime there is conflict in the work place management will side with people they like over actual facts, theain office is oblivious to this. Co workers seem to form factions each house has a person that hates everyone, this person always causes drama within the homes. Management has no sense of confidentiality and gossip spreads like wild fire

Pros

Good pay, some great coworkers you meet

Cons

Long hours, 24/7 called even on your days off/vacations, no room for growth within the company, high turnover amongst care staff and management

Great job with good pay and awesome coworkers.

I've been working for Interior Home Care Solutions for a few years now. They've been a great employer who has supported me through many personal difficulties, worked around my school schedule, and respected my time off. I've never had a time off request denied. The company itself also offers good benefits and services like access to counseling if staff is struggling.

Pros

Good pay, Lots of work, Respectful of time off, Supportive team.

Cons

Long shifts, Can be mentally draining work, Always gets called to work more shifts (but never expected)

Draining and unsupportive

Management needs assistance in any decisions they make, staff are constantly Gossiping. the front office is aware of the issues, but they don't address it until there is a enormous problem and other agencies are looking in (mfcd or CLBC).

Cons

Long hours, expected to give up any free time

Clients and co-workers are great. Management doesn't support staff or get to know clients.

In the past couple of months, everything about this company has changed. The programs are falling apart without support from management and staff don't ever know who to contact. Communication is cold and accusatory when it happens, and it feels like everyone is against each other rather than being a supportive team.

Pros

Wages

Cons

Everything else

Clients can be good scheduling and management are a problem

Hours can be inconsistent and you're really only treated positively if you are useful in that moment. You have reasonable control over your schedule but frequent management errors make doing your job difficult.

Pros

Somewhat of a flexible schedule with some experience

Cons

Unfocused and lately frequently rude management

Productive, Healthy Environment, Rewarding.

Looking after clients needs, Healthy Eating and supporting clients in their future goals. There is always room for advancement within the company and Management are very approachable. Workplace culture is very good as Leadership and Training are excellent. There is challenges along the way but are easily overcome and the job itself is very rewarding as you see how far the client s get to grow and how well they adapt.

Pros

Free Food at meals, get to do things with the clients, wildlife park, swimming etc

Cons

Long Hours but needed

Poor management and uneducated staff

Worst company to work for. Extremely poor management. They do not care about their staff or residents in the community. Uneducated healthcare team. Zero support from nurses.

Pros

Cons

Everything there was a con

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interior HomeCare Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement