Interior Health Employee Review

View all Interior Health reviews

Helpful, knowledgeable work mates. Clean, organized work bench.
Work Practicum (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC17 June 2013
Typical day is making the rounds in the hospital. Finding out what equipment went down and needs to be repaired. Often find myself looking up device manuals on the computer system and troubleshooting device failure. Every day I did at least one preventative maintenance on some type of medical device, most often vital signs monitors. I went on a few road trips to satellite renal dialysis sites and worked on Gambro devices and x-ray equipment at smaller clinics.

It is a well managed shop. My co-workers were very open to questions and helped me learn how to log work orders and request parts using their AssetPlus computer system. The hardest part of the job was that it involved a lot of sitting at the bench. I like to remain active so sitting often can be a challenge for me. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I got to solder something on a device.
Pros
Free lunch when you travelled 50km one way to job site
Cons
Not a full 8 hour shift

Other Interior Health Employee Reviews

Busy place to work
Food service worker (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC21 May 2018
Through Interior Health I worked for Royal Inland Hospital, and Overlander Care Facility. Both taught me a lot about working with a team and ensuring a time schedule was kept. Labor Intensive job, with busy hours, with good team building work assignments.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Difficult hours
N/a
Staffing Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC30 April 2018
Toxic work environment, solid pay. Doesn't go up due to being part of a union. Not a lot of room for growth without post secondary education. Would not work there again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interior Health. Our community is ready to answer.