Interior Health Employee Review

View all Interior Health reviews

A small Hospital has grown to be a big hospital .
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC31 January 2014
During my 10 years I have been witnessed to immense growth at KGH . When I started it was small hospital with an ICU that was at times 1/2 empty. Emergency was slow . A trauma was a "big deal". Now we have a Cardiac Center attached to it . UBCO has Medical and Nursing Programs working within it . The Emergency has doubled it's number of patient visits . It's become a busy busy place. Occupansy is at 100 % most days . Itis in short like any other hospital found in a bigger city .
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Emergency is busy, breaks are an option .....

Other Interior Health Employee Reviews

Demanding
Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC17 April 2018
I loved my job very much, I enjoyed interacting with so many unique people. It is a job that has become more and more physically demanding with less and less help. You are to move quickly as you have many residents to help out. I do not think they have adequate staffing, this in the end creates a difficult environment for all.
competent
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oliver, BC30 March 2018
Really enjoyed all the challenges and opportunities that my work provided.Ithink that i was appreciated.And again i am looking forward to be working again as a casual.I live in the community and i am willing to travel to OSoyoos and Penticton.Ialways kept my skills up to date and never stopped learning.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interior Health. Our community is ready to answer.