Interior Health

Interior Health Employee Reviews

Canada151 reviews
I was hired as a pharmacist at Kelowna General Hospital on a contract term and from my understanding would have been hired on as a permanent pharmacist once the contract ended. Sadly for personal reasons I had to say goodbye near the end of the term but had my situation allowed me to stay on in Kelowna I can't think of one good reason I wouldn't have retired there. Friendly coworkers that were all very easy to get along with and never made it uncomfortable to ask questions or request help for whatever reason. I wasn't there long but it's a job I'll sorely miss and that is the biggest complement an employer can get in my humble opinion.
I have been trying to get a position for two years. Don't like that scheduling uses a different seniority list than hr. The list should be updated monthly in all fairness
Pros
Good people
Cons
Not enough help during day
You are just a number here. Extremely unsupportive management who couldn’t care less about the health and well-being of their employees. Do not voice your concerns or you will be treated unfairly
Pros
Wage
Management heavy
regular hospital setting

LTC run by LPN

ER is not inpatient - just treat and move to other facility as required

Dr's office needs to be streamlined - Dr's rent space from Interior Health, and support staff are Interior Health employees
It is a stressful work environment and management doesnt do there part to easy the stress. Under staffed and over worked. The clients make the job worthwhile and some of the staff.
Operating Room. Found it stressful and not a great place to work. A lot of people (nursing staff) were not friendly and management was not good. Anesthesia and surgeons are wonderful.
Was not giving what was promised in hire letter. Overall not a great hospital to work in.
Everyone there is competive and works hard clients are the best prt of the job
union workers

union protected

shifts start at 7a and 7pm

highest paid kms
Top heavy management, not enough quality employees who are stressed, always picking up the slack. Some Great people there but 95% working are waiting to retire. Dont stand up for yourself or you'll be treated unfairly. Union stewards are few and far between due to being an unfair system geared towards the company and what they want. system ge
management unskilled and have no clue as to how to manage staff, shameful treatment of staff, especially during stressful times. Lack of trained employees means regular duties are not covered when taking vacation or time off sick. Bullyish tactics by management prevail. Safety issues raised by workers are ignored. Union contact often ignored resulting in numerous grievences, very negative atmosphere created by poor management & and ‘blame’ culture.
Great place to work. Fast paced enviroment. Challenging but with great work opportunities. Wonderful co workers. Work can be shift work and weekends. Company provides on the job training.
Sad to say that I never been treated so poorly from other staff. This is by far the worst place I have worked and it's mainly due to the toxic atmosphere and management not doing anything to correct it.
Nice people to work with but hard to get shifts when you are casual employee. It is also really hard to move around to different departments later on.
I have worked with interior health for 10 years and have had many job opportunities and growth with this company. They are good to work with especially if you are keen.
Work is notoriously very busy, breaks are often missed or started late. It is a very stressful environment b/c it is so busy. That being said, the emergency staff that I work with is an amazing group of ppl. We try to make the most out of challenging circumstances, by staying positive and helping each other.
so moving from the coast from a awesome job . to a mehhhh to the lack luster job choices within interior health. well just say i was stupid? unless your a nurse and DR..they will bend over for you ..but anything under them have fun...
The most best part is the people you work with are amazing. The job is fast paced. Must be able to adapt well multitasking daily. Working for a larger company they only worry about the bottom number.
Expect to start as Casual/on-call. Employees are called according to seniority. It's hard to get seniority when all the Employees who have been there a long time are getting called. If you can afford to wait-it-out then this may be just the job for you! For someone who needs an income this will be an anchor holding you back from your career!
*Good wages.
*Expectations can be heavy with no support systems in place.

*Needs more education built in to work schedule, not just on your days off.

*Some really good people work here and make teamwork a priority.

*Needs to be more proactive about supporting employees with educational opportunities
Pros
good team
Cons
no enough staff
By far the worst work environment I have ever experienced in my career. Staffing office is an incredibly toxic environment comprised mostly of back stabbing woman. I was subjected daily to foul language and racism.
The manager has no control over her staff and lacks the knowledge and ability to her her job.

I would never recommend this employer.
Courses that are not covered, example,food safe should be covered through Ih .
To much favourtisim, bullying

Pay is good,

Workloads are to much , witch could lead to injurys.
I have a great position on the 6th floor with the nurses staff are very helpful. I have had the advancement from kitchen to housekeeping and learn how to take care and safety of the surrounding areas. My manager and supervisors are very helpful with the job duties. On the workplace is updated and new departments are being added for we just got a MRI at the hospital. The hardest part is some days keeping up with discharges and making sure everything is A1 clean and sanitize. Most enjoyable is walking away when you know you have done the best and everything is completed on your shift.
Pros
free learning experience to further
Cons
sick people but it's a hopital
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interior Health. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8