Interior Health Employee Reviews

Bullying rampant, backstabbing managers, HR support pathetic
Excluded Position (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC25 August 2018
extremely toxic environment
bullying & undermining management
environment lacks integrity
friends promote friends qualified or not,
'every person matters' is simply not true
hard work is not appreciated
burn out is rampant
Pros
not many
Cons
very toxic environment
Allows and expects professional growth.
Audiometric Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC13 August 2018
I felt empowered to do my job, even to stretch my abilities, without being micromanaged, and at the same time had access to assistance if the need arose.
Pros
Wages and benefits, culture, management style
Cons
I had move and couldn't transfer due to different union, even though same exact position.
Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC9 August 2018
Friendly staff. Professional yet relaxed work environment.
Supportive administration and management team. Lots of opportunities for advancement and career growth
OK depending on what you want
advisor (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC20 June 2018
Supervisors seem more concerned about how they look to their bosses then actually doing the right thing. Some sites are really great, but the corporate office is a disaster.
Pros
nice new building
Cons
Some bosses really couldnt give a toss about their people
Busy place to work
Food service worker (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC21 May 2018
Through Interior Health I worked for Royal Inland Hospital, and Overlander Care Facility. Both taught me a lot about working with a team and ensuring a time schedule was kept. Labor Intensive job, with busy hours, with good team building work assignments.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Difficult hours
N/a
Staffing Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC30 April 2018
Toxic work environment, solid pay. Doesn't go up due to being part of a union. Not a lot of room for growth without post secondary education. Would not work there again.
Incredibly toxic work environment
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC23 April 2018
Management belittles employees. workplace morale is terrible. no respect is given to employees. Chronic short staffing contributes to overworked employees.
Demanding
Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC17 April 2018
I loved my job very much, I enjoyed interacting with so many unique people. It is a job that has become more and more physically demanding with less and less help. You are to move quickly as you have many residents to help out. I do not think they have adequate staffing, this in the end creates a difficult environment for all.
competent
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oliver, BC30 March 2018
Really enjoyed all the challenges and opportunities that my work provided.Ithink that i was appreciated.And again i am looking forward to be working again as a casual.I live in the community and i am willing to travel to OSoyoos and Penticton.Ialways kept my skills up to date and never stopped learning.
Alright job, Great Co Workers
Cook/Food Service Worker (On Call) (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC27 March 2018
Would begin day preparing meals for residents, depending on the shift, and working with the other staff to accommodate Diets and meals for residents who were unable to make it to the dining room for meals, would also work with staff to accomidate the many different diet requiremnts for the residents in need. The staff was great and always tried to work together to help accomplish the tasks at hand.
Pros
Co-workers and
Cons
Short notice call ins
Best employer I've ever had.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC6 February 2018
Great company to work for. I work in LTC at a facility. I am never expected to do more than is reasonable. Every day here is an easy day compared to an alternate job I have at a private care facility.
Get staff
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC2 February 2018
Great staff to work with, the clients are amazing. Sometimes you don’t get breaks when you’re understaffed. There is usually a shortage of staff. Lots of work when casual.
Awesome to work for!
Support Services Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC23 January 2018
I like working here and will stay here if I don't find full time employment.
I like the opportunity to work on different areas of the hospital to give me that feeling of learning new aspects of the job.
It's a good job
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC4 January 2018
It's a good job and its unionized so you get a lot of good benefits. Very team like and atmosphere. The staff are very helpful to one another and the pay is very good
Good employer but poor management
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Okanagan, BC6 December 2017
There is illusion of equal opportunity and advancement, however time and again you see/hear of ones being overlooked. Training is lacking in many roles and support not provided where required. Managers tend to hire based on personal preference (and pre-selection) versus on actual work experience.
Pros
Good work/life balance, wages reasonable
Cons
Poor management, no advancement opportunities
Bullying is rampant
LPN (Current Employee) –  interior of BC30 November 2017
bullying is rampant with staff and management. An atmosphere of reporting co-works has been cultivated under the guise of patient learning. Management singles out employees and follows their every move until they can bring them in for discipline, which would be beneficial if the worst workers were the the ones being singled out. However it is more of a bullying practice than a quality control measure.
Registered Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC17 October 2017
Working for Interior Health has been a great experience. From the first day of orientation to working at a few different facilities I would highly recommend working here. There are lots of opportunities and room for growth.
EXTREMELY bad lead hands and extremely bad management
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC9 October 2017
Extreme racist remarks from lead hands and permanent staff members on a daily basis, unhealthy situation at numerous work stations in almost every department of our hospital. Only preferred staff with a "cozy connections" with lead hands and supervisors get overtime work and extra privileges. Housekeeping people prohibited in nursing lounge which is very racist. Ministry of Health and Human Rights Council must investigate.
Pros
They like to talk about bullying but NOTHING ever gets done about it
Cons
Unfair and unreasonable treatment of ethnic minorities and new students
Fast Paced
Cardiology Reception (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC1 October 2017
The work never ends in a hospital, there is always something going on which makes you day go by fast. The staff in cardiology are fun to work with. I enjoyed dealing and helping the patients.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Accounts receivable clerk (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC25 September 2017
This would be the monthly luncheons we have and the charity work that the department does. This leads to a inflation in morale, which is often low in the department.
Cons
Lack of cohesiveness.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interior Health. Our community is ready to answer.