Interfor

Interfor Employee Reviews

Canada64 reviews

workplacejobgreatpeopleworkingcompanygood

Decent place to work

The job it's self is somewhat boring, alot of time spent waiting for something to need to be fixed. Biggest complaint is your red seal bonus is taken away when you work overtime so make the same as production staff

Pros

Buy you winter gear and fr clothing

Cons

Lack of pay

Horrible, worst management ever! Grand forks division

The people on the floor are good people. Typical work environment. Management are horrendous micromanagers. They have zero desire to work with their employees. An absolute abomination of an upper management team. I have worked many jobs in my 14 year career as a millwright and the grand forks division has got to be the worst. This job is a stay AWAY! Unless you want to be deceived, actively tried to be made to look like an idiot, and treated like an employee number rather than a person. The motto on the floor is Interfor Grand forks isn't happy until your not happy. The only reason people work here is because there isn't much industry In the area and they have mortgages. Everyone is unhappy due to incompetent, micromanaging, lying management.

Pros

It's a job

Cons

Just about everything you can think of.

Insights into Interfor

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Fantastic Company to Work For

Working at Interfor has been one of the best career moves I have made. Although my base role was as a recruiter for our salaried operations, I have worked with almost every department in HR on projects and initiatives related (and sometimes not) to my role. As someone who has worked with a lot of recruitment processes and systems in the past, I can say that Interfor has some of the most progressive recruitment processes I have worked with. Even when things have been seemingly perfected, the team here is not one to rest with the status quo, they are always looking at the next trend or development in recruitment that we can implement or try. The management at Interfor seems to really care about engaging employees and keeping them excited and motivated about their job. During my Career Development Plan meetings, I've been asked every year what I'd like exposure to, and within weeks I've been set up with that team or put on a project related to that. Interfor is also a very family friendly place to work, I don't feel micro-managed and I am fully trusted to do my job, even if that means working from home to take care of a sick child. This level of autonomy I really value and found it very motivating. Finally, the people; I have been very lucky to be on teams that were not only filled with incredibly talented and intelligent individuals, but they were are also fun, warm and welcoming.

Pros

great people, progressive practices, development opportunities, good pay and benefits

Cons

Base job can be repetitive, but that is the nature of recruitment!, I was given a lot of opportunity with projects to learn and grow.

Excellent employees, only one mgmt member knew how to do his job.

Run away fast, don't look back. Useless management team, HR is more interested on telling manager how to do his job than they are on actually doing their own. Only shining light is your hourly co-workers.

Great co-workers, zero work/life balance

Co-workers are great, however due to not enough people for the jobs at hand - the work/life balance is terrible. Be prepared to bring your work with you on weekends and vacations.

Pros

Decent money

Cons

Long hours, expected to work on days off

Shift work Get switched around a lot to begin with. Takes long time to get posted position Can be physically demanding.

Physically demanding. But rewarding. Not much “perks” Decent benefits No room for advancement past productionVery who you know not what you know based

Pros

Occasional bbq’s or catered lunches, Decent work/life balance, Decent pay, Co workers are easy to get along with for the most part, Small crew, know everyone.

Cons

Unpaid sick days (even after new ESA law), Staff doesn’t support union, Mill manager is stuck up.

Great place

Great place to work if you want stability. Great paying positions from production techs to management. Veteran staff mentoring the younger up and coming ones that are more relatable to the workforce is a plus. If you want to learn, they will identify you and help you grow within the company.

Pros

-Stability -Career advancement

Cons

-Communication from top to bottom -Accountability

Awesome place to work

If you can work here then do, it's a great place. Safety on-site is super important to the employer so they have really taken what the employee needs at heart. The programs they have to help empyees out, whether it is education or job related are great.

Pros

Benefits, free lunches every now and then, good pay, good employees, great workplace atmosphere

Cons

Location is out there if you don't live I town

Average saw mill job

Alright place to work if you can leave your brain at the door. Fair wage for the job being done. Management are a bunch of chode strokers who love to swallow the gravy but get that at almost any sawmill.

Management has no past experience

They don’t fix issues with the equipment and complain about downtime. They do not take action against lazy employees or ones with bad attendance. Managers don’t support workers.

Pros

Schedule of hours

Cons

Lack of respect for people and equipment

Busy Environment

Overall an okay company to work for but has a lot of room for improvement. Culture is very old school, “boys club”. Management is lacking skills and micromanages. Fast paced environment and rarely recognized for extra effort but expectation to take on additional work. You will not feel like a valued member of a team working here.Senior Management also exercises favouritism with certain individuals which is evident and unfair.

Cons

Long hours, low work-life balance, lack of career advancement

Decent work, very “clicky” place to work

Not a safety oriented culture. Dealt with a lot of horsing around. Including being sprayed by air hoses and a lot of things being thrown around. Also, I noticed a lot of cutting corners. I was able to transfer positions within the company. I later switched career paths. I grew to be unhappy working there.

Pros

Free coffee, on hitting quota

Cons

Clicky

employee

this is the worst company i ever work for . management has no clue what there doing no experience what so ever. i am retire now management force me to retire which i wasnt ready for. The company gave me absolutely nothing for a retirement gift. 40 years of service with the company and that's how they treat me.

travail intéressant

plein de possibilité et plein de beaux espoirs vous sont souvent donnés alors que jamais rien ne se passe... direction médiocre et c'est pas si payant pour être si loin de la civilisation

Pros

beaucoup de travail, équipe fantastique

Cons

la gestion, le manque de matériel, la sécurité qui passe souvent 2e

Decent paying job, brutal culture

The company's wages are decent, the culture is absolutely brutal. I've experience first hand that this company only cares about their bottom line. Safety/training is falling apart.

Pros

Wages, in town

Cons

Culture, safety/training

People were nice

Most people respected me but again you can't please everybody. Hard to get a good manager to stay far from everything same for the work force specially skill trades people

Pros

A good mill to work at

Cons

Lodging

Located right in town

It's not a horrible place to work, sadly the current owners have lost their grasp on how to properly run their mills and more importantly take care of their staff. Our most experienced members, some with over a decade of service or more have left Eacom this year. There is a mass exodus of staff members leaving this company because they can't follow two simple rules.... You don't mess with their salary and you treat them with respect!

Pros

Right in town, fare salary

Cons

Upper management

It's OK place to work

It's a small community in a small town. Either you are in the club or not. I've sees unfair firing from work. Management is not professional at all. Even there is union it works for some people and doesn't work for the others. Double standards are every where.

Pros

Quiet town

Very little home then

Monday if my weeks were over 70 hours with no extra pay. Management can be very ignorant or abusive and as salary I often wished I could of been one of the hourly union employees

Since management changed not a good place to work

They promise the world and give you nothing. Can't get proper ppe or tools to do the job or be able to communicate with coworkers properly. Management is one of the worst I've seen. There is little to no training. They always mess your hours up. Not once they got it right and when you bring it up to hr, supervisor, payroll they will pass it off to someone else and say talk to "this person". Management and supervisor's are so far apart on everything. Supervisor didn't even know what my full job title was.

Pros

free Timmy's sometimes, most coworkers are good

Cons

No Training, management

Un emplois parfait pour ceux qui aime travailler sous pression.

Un emplois parfait pour ceux qui aime travailler sous pression.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interfor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement