Intercruises Shoreside & Port Services Employee Reviews

Educational and Challenging
Cutomer Care Port Agent (Current Employee) –  Manhattan Park, NY15 July 2018
Assist guest debarking the Ship. Helping them locate their luggage while directing them to the Customs officers and off the pier... Then assisting the new arrivals check - in by scanning their passports, documenting their Birth Certificates and wellness forms as required by the Ship. Watching guests on-board the ship is a very rewarding experience. I work with a group of individuals from all walks of life from high school to retired men and women. The hardest part of this job happens when a parent and child are checking in and they have different last names. We must be very careful not to allow folk with minor child with different last to board based on the child trafficking laws. There must be permission documents that allow the parent going to take the minor child and that parent must have in writing and notarized that the traveling parent can make medical decisions. Without this document guests are not allowed to board and they can lose their money paid for the cruise. Otherwise it is a very enjoyable job. Watching newly weds going on their honeymoons of 50th anniversary celebrants cruising for the first time is very enjoyable for this candidate.
Pros
Meeting folk from all walks of life
Cons
You work only when the ships are in port...
Sub contracted with various cruise lines
Pier Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville - Tampa, Fl23 June 2018
cruise days extremely fast paced and stressful. Learned many marine policies and procedures as well as safety and security. The cruise line managements were very pleasant to work with. Learned how to deal with many cultures. I loved my team, we worked as a well oiled machine on cruise days. The hardest part was denying passengers to sail. Non-cruise days I worked on scheduling, training, hiring.
Pros
working in the travel industry
Cons
differences in dealing with good work ethics
Productive and fun work place
Check In Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL21 June 2018
Enjoyable but fast paced job. Can move up quickly and get good hours if you want them. Friendly coworkers. Discounts on cruises for family and friends.
Fast Paced Environment
Pier Staff (Former Employee) –  New York, NY16 June 2018
At times, the job got hectic, especially when some of the bigger ships came in, but all in all, the experience was definitely worth it and the job was fun.
My summation of Intercruises Shoreside & Port Services Inc.
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NY7 June 2018
Customer Service / Guest Service Agent you must be a people person and have a great demeanor and treat people with respect. I love interacting with people. This job position you have to be able to stand or walk for long periods of time for the duration of your work hours shifts (6-8 hours). You have to be able to deal with a large groups of people, large groups of 2000 people or more, be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment, being vocal in a polite manner, with providing high-level customer service, friendly and outgoing demeanor to give cruise guess direction, information, and making sure cruise guess have their proper identification such as having the cruise boarding passes, passports, birth document, and travel visa, etc. I have the passion and professional drive in interacting with people. I'm well-groomed and give the utmost customer service to people at all times.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
not full-time
Buen grupo de trabajo
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Barcelona, Barcelona provincia31 May 2018
Son flexibles con los horarios, pero pagan poco para las horas que se trabajan.
The good with the bad
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NY21 May 2018
If you want a job where you can come in looking like a slob, this isn't the job for you. As with all hospitality services, you're expected to cater to a large clientele, and thus are expected to dress conservatively. We have a strict uniform and dress code that we wear for every cruise line. When you get the schedule for the year, it shows every ship that will be in. An agent is taught how to provide customer service for maybe 5 different cruise lines. I consider this a great life skill to go forward with. This job has really shown me my capabilities and made me a more outgoing person. If you just want to stand there, play cashier and not interact, you'll hate it.

That said, the pay could and should be better, for the services offered. Often times ships may arrive late, due to weather or some unexpected inconvenience. We are expected to pick up the slack, and we are always the first guests will blame. If you stick around long enough, you learn to have a thicker skin, knowing what is and isn't your personal fault.

We don't get benefits, really. The company is under contract with various cruise lines, so it really depends on making them happy. Sometimes a cruise line will give us pizza or cake, or something else nice in appreciation. There's a 401k. The company has just begun offering a discount benefits program, but it doesn't apply to cruises.

As someone else said, it is a lot of standing. It's painful. Any job like this is painful. It's a shame we don't get to sit, like employees do in other states, but that's NYC hospitality culture.

So yeah,
  more... if you just want a weekend job, many find it fun. If you want some skills, it's fun. If you want to have wild colored hair, tats, and a bad attitude, McDonalds is paying the same.  less
Pros
Life skills, friendly coworkers, meet new people everyday, work with big brands
Cons
Standing, low compensation, making up for slack, can be sent home early if ship is full
An awesome group environment
Check-in Agent (Former Employee) –  Circular Quay NSW19 April 2018
I enjoyed my time here working for Intercruises. My first job and l will never forget the fun l've had here and the customers l have met. I have made some good memories here.
Pros
Awesome people, simple tasks, easy learning.
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, travel into the city.
Weekend Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL9 April 2018
I started working at Intercruise Dec30.17 My last day was April 1 i turned my availability OFF they have multiple call outs but yet they worry about people nail polish or what color belt someone is wearing. You be working for 5hrs and it seem like 12 the way you be running around getting guests their room keys, for $9.50 please, it’s not worth it. I would not recommend this job to anybody. You’ll think people spend thousands on these cruises, the pay would be better. When your availability isn’t on or you denied a task they call asking can you still work or why you denied.
Pros
Free Food/Discount on cruises
Cons
Busy, Pay, Terminal to Terminal
Mala educación por parte de uno de los superiores
Terminal Services (Former Employee) –  Palma de Mallorca, Illes Balears24 March 2018
Un superior me preguntó entrar en la habitación dónde me estaba cambiando de ropa a lo cual yo me negué por sentirme intimidada y además atentaba contra mi privacidad y honor.
It was alright
Customer Service Pier Agent (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CA22 March 2018
It was only part time job, they ended up loosing contract. Because they let everyone do whatever they wanted a lot of call offs. But I learned a lot while working there
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks
Fun working environment
Cruise Agent (Former Employee) –  Marina South Pier2 March 2018
Best experience to be working with the company. The sad part it's only for a short period of time. Never had experience working in one before. I was assigned as a line agent, where I have to lead the guests to the right lane, meaning they have 4 different lanes for the guests to go in, all based on their membership. It can be a hectic day if there are too many guests going onboard on that particular day. Management is great, all staffs were fun and lovable, friendly and all work together as a team to ensure smooth day ahead for all of us and all guests are safely checked in and getting onboard
Pros
Free lunches, flexible working hours
Cons
Nil
Hmm
Pier Staff (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL21 February 2018
Ok SO , a typical day is literally standing at the check in desk swiping passports , reviewing visas , birth certificates and giving each guest their stateroom key . PRETTY EASY. The job itself is pretty fun . My only downside is you can't depend on this job to give you a supplemental income . Your literally schuduled to work 3 times a week around 6 hours or less each day . if you work check in , where you are there to check cruise guest the hours would range from mostly 9am-2pm (could vary) if you choose to work debark (when guest return from their vacation) hours could start around 5am . EITHER WAY YOUR NOT GETTING ALOT OF HOURS . if you desperately need a second job and you work nights this would be a good oppurtunity for you . Pay is weekly.They have a system in which you put in the times you can and cannot work and thats what they'll use to schudule you .

What seems like a waste is that you have to pay for your own uniform and you have to pay for your Twic Card which is 120 something dollars !!!! your first paycheck will feel like you literally worked for nothing after all the deductions . The company claims to reimburse you after a certain period of time but i didnt stay long enough for that reimbursement .
Pros
Friendly managers and co-workers, the task at hand is fairly easy, Flexible schuduling
Cons
NO HOURS . Seems like your working for nothing . $9.50/hr is lunch money
This is my review summary
Pier Agent (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA15 February 2018
This is my review summary.

Excellent place for seasonal work. I have been with them for 8 seasons servicing cruise ships during the Alaska cruise season. Prior to Intercruise, I worked for Gatway before they were bought by Intercruise.
. typical day was good
. learned a lot
. management was good
. workplace culture was good
. hardest part of job was standing
. most enjoyable part was getting paid
Pros
Lunch time was included
Cons
Can not think of any.
Buen ámbiente de trabajo
Staff (Former Employee) –  barcelona3 February 2018
He aprendido gestionar el estrés, hablar al mismo tiempo diferentes idiomas y al mismo tiempo he ganado en agilidad en intercambio de idiomas.
My job as a Check in Agent.
Check-in Agent (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA24 January 2018
Very busy. Involves helping cruise passenger register and helping them get to where they need to smoothly. It's a pleasure working with happy travelers.
Pros
Good atmospher.
Cons
Pay is very low.
Productive and fast-paced workplace for the friendly and outgoing.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  711 12th Ave NY, NY 1001920 January 2018
Overall my experience was fairly good. Just wear comfortable shoes and be prepared to stand and move around for long hours as you assist customers and verify documents.
Fast paced high energy workplace
Embarkment Officer (Former Employee) –  Fremantle WA18 January 2018
you deal with thousands of people needing to be checked in to go on cruises, taught me how to deal with people and how to fix issues that arise in the moment, only ever got a shift if there was a cruise ship that came into port. the hardest part was the long hours and minimal breaks.
It is a good place to work at with good people
Pier Agent (Current Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FL3 January 2018
I would say a typical day at work is slow at first then when the guests start to file in we have to be fast to check them in properly and we wish them a happy cruise and safe travel.
Ok place if you have a fulltime job and do this on days the ships sale. Not a job to live off and pay bills.
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NY2 January 2018
Fun fast paced job but they dont give you enough hours. Too many supervisors telling you different things, they were rude at times. All in all I liked dealing with people from all over the world.
Pros
Day goes quick
Cons
Standing for the entire shift