Intercruises Shoreside & Port Services Employee Reviews

An awesome group environment
Check-in Agent (Former Employee) –  Circular Quay NSW19 April 2018
I enjoyed my time here working for Intercruises. My first job and l will never forget the fun l've had here and the customers l have met. I have made some good memories here.
Pros
Awesome people, simple tasks, easy learning.
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, travel into the city.
Weekend Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL9 April 2018
I started working at Intercruise Dec30.17 My last day was April 1 i turned my availability OFF they have multiple call outs but yet they worry about people nail polish or what color belt someone is wearing. You be working for 5hrs and it seem like 12 the way you be running around getting guests their room keys, for $9.50 please, it’s not worth it. I would not recommend this job to anybody. You’ll think people spend thousands on these cruises, the pay would be better. When your availability isn’t on or you denied a task they call asking can you still work or why you denied.
Pros
Free Food/Discount on cruises
Cons
Busy, Pay, Terminal to Terminal
Mala educación por parte de uno de los superiores
Terminal Services (Former Employee) –  Palma de Mallorca, Illes Balears24 March 2018
Un superior me preguntó entrar en la habitación dónde me estaba cambiando de ropa a lo cual yo me negué por sentirme intimidada y además atentaba contra mi privacidad y honor.
It was alright
Customer Service Pier Agent (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CA22 March 2018
It was only part time job, they ended up loosing contract. Because they let everyone do whatever they wanted a lot of call offs. But I learned a lot while working there
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks
Fun working environment
Cruise Agent (Former Employee) –  Marina South Pier2 March 2018
Best experience to be working with the company. The sad part it's only for a short period of time. Never had experience working in one before. I was assigned as a line agent, where I have to lead the guests to the right lane, meaning they have 4 different lanes for the guests to go in, all based on their membership. It can be a hectic day if there are too many guests going onboard on that particular day. Management is great, all staffs were fun and lovable, friendly and all work together as a team to ensure smooth day ahead for all of us and all guests are safely checked in and getting onboard
Pros
Free lunches, flexible working hours
Cons
Nil
Hmm
Pier Staff (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL21 February 2018
Ok SO , a typical day is literally standing at the check in desk swiping passports , reviewing visas , birth certificates and giving each guest their stateroom key . PRETTY EASY. The job itself is pretty fun . My only downside is you can't depend on this job to give you a supplemental income . Your literally schuduled to work 3 times a week around 6 hours or less each day . if you work check in , where you are there to check cruise guest the hours would range from mostly 9am-2pm (could vary) if you choose to work debark (when guest return from their vacation) hours could start around 5am . EITHER WAY YOUR NOT GETTING ALOT OF HOURS . if you desperately need a second job and you work nights this would be a good oppurtunity for you . Pay is weekly.They have a system in which you put in the times you can and cannot work and thats what they'll use to schudule you .

What seems like a waste is that you have to pay for your own uniform and you have to pay for your Twic Card which is 120 something dollars !!!! your first paycheck will feel like you literally worked for nothing after all the deductions . The company claims to reimburse you after a certain period of time but i didnt stay long enough for that reimbursement .
Pros
Friendly managers and co-workers, the task at hand is fairly easy, Flexible schuduling
Cons
NO HOURS . Seems like your working for nothing . $9.50/hr is lunch money
This is my review summary
Pier Agent (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA15 February 2018
This is my review summary.

Excellent place for seasonal work. I have been with them for 8 seasons servicing cruise ships during the Alaska cruise season. Prior to Intercruise, I worked for Gatway before they were bought by Intercruise.
. typical day was good
. learned a lot
. management was good
. workplace culture was good
. hardest part of job was standing
. most enjoyable part was getting paid
Pros
Lunch time was included
Cons
Can not think of any.
Buen ámbiente de trabajo
Staff (Former Employee) –  barcelona3 February 2018
He aprendido gestionar el estrés, hablar al mismo tiempo diferentes idiomas y al mismo tiempo he ganado en agilidad en intercambio de idiomas.
My job as a Check in Agent.
Check-in Agent (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA24 January 2018
Very busy. Involves helping cruise passenger register and helping them get to where they need to smoothly. It's a pleasure working with happy travelers.
Pros
Good atmospher.
Cons
Pay is very low.
Productive and fast-paced workplace for the friendly and outgoing.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  711 12th Ave NY, NY 1001920 January 2018
Overall my experience was fairly good. Just wear comfortable shoes and be prepared to stand and move around for long hours as you assist customers and verify documents.

Want to know more about Intercruises Shoreside & Port Services?

Ask a question
Fast paced high energy workplace
Embarkment Officer (Former Employee) –  Fremantle WA18 January 2018
you deal with thousands of people needing to be checked in to go on cruises, taught me how to deal with people and how to fix issues that arise in the moment, only ever got a shift if there was a cruise ship that came into port. the hardest part was the long hours and minimal breaks.
It is a good place to work at with good people
Pier Agent (Current Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FL3 January 2018
I would say a typical day at work is slow at first then when the guests start to file in we have to be fast to check them in properly and we wish them a happy cruise and safe travel.
Ok place if you have a fulltime job and do this on days the ships sale. Not a job to live off and pay bills.
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NY2 January 2018
Fun fast paced job but they dont give you enough hours. Too many supervisors telling you different things, they were rude at times. All in all I liked dealing with people from all over the world.
Pros
Day goes quick
Cons
Standing for the entire shift
Very productive working environment with fun staff
Check-in Agent / Pier staff (Current Employee) –  New York, NY28 December 2017
You will be responsible for checking people and making sure that they have all they will need to come back from a trip. It's very likely to make mistake, but as time passes, you will get more confident and comfortable with the job.
Pros
Free snack at NCL, 30minutes break which is mandatory
Cons
No any benefits
Great job for full time students
Pier Agent & Luggage Hall Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CA27 December 2017
If your retired or a college student (full-time) this job is for you. It is flexible around your schedule and you can work when you choose. The only thing is each season September to August has minimal ships in depending on what company you work for. You will be standing on your feet majority of the day with a high volume of passengers. Everyone at the cruise line is like a big family but it is stressful at times with minimal supervision.
Kinda meh
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD14 December 2017
This was my very first job and for that it was pretty good. But, you only work whenever a ship comes in - which is only 2 days a week. In the beginning that was enough, but after a while, $10/hour is not enough to live on. No place for growth. Very stressful at times.
Fast Paced But I Adapted To The Workflow
Check-In Agent/Operations Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NY11 December 2017
I actually enjoyed the job itself. Though my complaints include lack of health benefits, no discounts for the cruises, outdated technology, no bonuses, and lack of hours given.
Pros
Free Refreshments
Cons
Short breaks
Love to work here
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL27 November 2017
Great Team, Management and field employees.
A lot of learning. Love the Industry.
You have flexible schedule and operations run smooth
I recommend anybody to apply and work with us.
Helpful people skills and interaction with passengers
Check-In Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NY15 November 2017
I liked the fact that I was able to interact with people constantly. It helped me develop the way in which I communicate with people. A typical day at work will consist of logging into to your computer, and taking care of customers. When customers are at the check in area, their health forms are taken and their room number is looked up in the system. Then each individual hands you their travel documents, then a security photo comes next, followed by linking credit cards to accounts and then getting them their room key. Next the agent welcomes them and tells them what their room key is used for.
Productive, Fast Pace and fun environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL9 November 2017
- learn time management.
- communication to both staff and clients or guests.
- hardest part is to satisfy everyone
- most enjoyable is meeting new people and assist with getting them on their vacation.
Pros
flexable hours.
Cons
no bonus