InterContinental Hotels Group Employee Reviews

environnement de travail
Plongeur (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 July 2018
bonne équipe de travail, le personnel est tres productif
Good
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region5 June 2018
Management is good. The hardest part is I work night shift here for the rest of my stay in the company. My co workers are fun and kind. I learned a lot from this company like being courteous, understand customers concern and provide a prompt solutions to satisfy their experience..
Great school
International Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Distrito Federal31 May 2018
This was my first job and I should say I learned a lot. But after working at different companies I must say they need to build a better workplace culture.
A good and productive environment to grow.
Conference and Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Victoria Island,Lagos25 May 2018
A good working place with good environment and conducive place to grow.A company with good work and family balance.Team play comes into play and all employees are given a voice.
Pros
Cons
8hours
Fair company, but management takes little role in training
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2018
Job overall was interesting, but there seems to be a bit of friction between upper management and hourly workers, felt pressured and belittled when trying create relationships with co-workers due to management not wanting us to speak our main language. Training was also very hands off, and I had little interaction with my supervisor over the course of my training. However, co-workers closer to my job level helped me a lot and created a better environment
Pros
Great for autonomous work, co-workers are often very kind
Cons
Management could be more sensitive to employee relations
Great, high-end restaurant
Server and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2018
Worked as a lounge server and bartender. Responsible for table service, service bar and general bartending. Very extensive wine list and seasonal specialty drinks to pair up with food items on menu.
Friendly staff and great place to work
Banquet Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2018
I was only here as an intern but I enjoyed my time at the hotel. Very nice employees and management. Made the job fun! There was always something different going on in the hotel so there was always lots to do and learn!
Productive and fun working place at the hotel
Hotel Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Aaddis Ababa20 February 2018
I had the ability to resolve issues and offer viable solutions within a fast-paced environment. Regarded for accuracy, commitment, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and also i was able to work around different people, Which was facinating :)
Bad work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 February 2018
The staff constantly abuse the system to avoid certain duties. Management are powerless to reprimand and therefor staff get away with whatever they want.
Pros
Full Benifits
Cons
Horrible work environment
Productive and fun workplace
Global Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region5 February 2018
They always make sure that you are happy. The bosses are very nice, very approachable, and always has way to make everything in good condition. It was one good experience for me being with them.
Pros
Happy workplace
Cons
Queuing sometimes
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2018
IHG is a global company with a broad portfolio of hotel brands, meaning a world of opportunity for you. Our success flows from the thousands of people around the world who form part of the IHG team.
Productive workplace
Intern - Human Resources Recruitment (Former Employee) –  PH11 January 2018
IHG is one of the workplace that welcomes you and teaches you new things every single day to learn more about your job. You get to experience a high level of learning because of the chosen supervisors.
Very fun with Co workers
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region20 December 2017
My job and responsible is to care to guest so they can be there best experience. Associates are somewhat friendly. though you have a long list of rooms per day giving you only an hour to clean.
Pros
Free Lunch
productive and fun work place
Hotel Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  philippines20 December 2017
performs routine duties in cleaning and servicing guest rooms baths under the super vision of the super visor. we usually promote a positive image of the property to guest and must be pleasant, honest ,friendly and should also able to address guest request and concerns. i was able strengthen my physical mobility and stamina i became detail oriented and my professional attitude has improve.
i have got the ability to work independently.
The hardest part of the job is when you encounter guest with very high expectation and perfectionist .
The most enjoyable part of the job when i got phases meeting different people. i have come and adjust to there environment and situation.
Muy buena cadena
Modo (mesero ) (Former Employee) –  A&B29 November 2017
Excelente lugar de trabajo con muchas oportunidades de cocimiento lastima q fue expropiado
Pros
Muy buena empresa
Cons
Fue expropiada
The company is amazing, the job, not really.
CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  PHILIPPINES12 September 2017
Of course IHG, is a very prestigious company, however you need to choose the job or the position that you're applying for. I'm a people person, I prefer to see my customers/guests face to face, so to be honest working in a call centre is not for me. I don't like an office job and just staring at my computer, but if you don't mind that, then you won't have a problem working for IHG.
Pros
Hotel Benefits
Cons
Too many calls
Strong people philosophy with well defined goals, objectives
Director of Front Office (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2017
A great company with high expectations. Very fast paced and intense work environment.
I would not work for them again as the work/ life balance is lacking and while there are strong guidelines and vision, the reality falls short of the mark.
Friendly environment, but stressful
Senior Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2017
As a Senior Front Desk Agent I was responsible for many aspects. Essentially the Senior sole is a supervisory position. However, on a day to day basis the work load was almost unmanageable and ever increasing.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Long Hours
Great Company Culture
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Terrigal, NSW Australia20 March 2017
I really enjoyed my experience working at a Crowne Plaza property in Australia. I entered in a F&B Supervisor position which was a very familiar role to me however I was also given the opportunity to change departments and develop a new set of professional skills as a Front Desk Agent and also as an Auditor/Relief Night Manager of the hotel.
An excellent employer.
Pros
Worldwide staff accommodation rates
Environnement de travail
Premier cuisinier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 March 2017
Les meilleurs en hôtellerie
Conditions de travail idéal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at InterContinental Hotels Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2