Intercare Corporate Group Employee Reviews

Productive work place
Brain Injury Unit Nurse attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 June 2018
People are encouraging each other to become member of the team. Most of them are showing the importance of one another. Most of all they put safety first at all times for everyone.
Great organization, management not always reasonable with demands
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 May 2018
Great organization, looking to be the best in the industry within Alberta. Upper management doesn't always recognize the heavy work load on the front line staff though. Always pushing to do more, with the same number of staff, even though the clients are getting more clinically complex
Great staff mangament bullies
LPN (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2017
The staff are amazing but management are bullies and encourage workplace bullying. Also they work staff to burnout then expect more and more. They are never satisfied with a job well done and will always find something to complain about. Shoving more and more people into rooms that are meant to only be one person to increase income. The wages aren’t great either.
Cons
Expects overtime
Satisfying work environment as one is mostly helping long term sick and vulnerable people.
Building Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 August 2017
To take of Building operation equipment like boilers, HVAC, mechanical, plumbing, electrical system for safe and efficient running.

I learnt operating healthcare related equipment.

Management is OK, but as it is a family run company sometimes shows autocratic decisions.

Hardest part of job was to handle problems when on call and having identical problems in all four facilities, specially during winter.
Pros
Staff parties, specially Christmas party
Cons
Driving between four facilities
Great Staff ... very poor wages
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2017
The staff & management team are fantastic, though the CEO is quite cold. Great incentives to promote team building and encourage you to be the best you can be at work. However, the wages are not competitive. In fact, they are on the low side.
Work Place Bullying
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 July 2017
Horrible company to work for! Work place bullying is common and not dealt with! If you are Caucasian you will be picked on by the Filipino community that literally runs this company!!
good
Residential Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2017
really nice place to work at. I learned a lot within my 8 years of working at this company and i would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a job in this field
everybody is caring and assists each other to have a sucessful shift
Recreation Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 May 2017
Management, employees are friendly and helpful when it comes to questioning tasks of your position. Everyone does work together as a team..without judgment.
Pros
appreciation lunches, education seminars
Cons
staff parking is non existent/ pay park
My Typical Work Day
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 April 2017
My typical day at work would be first listening to the reports then helping the patients daily living. I've learned to solve problems I have also learned how to provide the best environment and experience for my patient. I always like to work in a supportive environment. The hardest part of the job as a Health Care Aid is experiencing patients pass away. The most enjoyable part of my job is making my patients happy.
Great people ... low wages
Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 July 2016
The co-workers and management are fantastic. Very supportive. Though the company has incentive programs to encourage us to work harder & better, the wages are quite low; lower than industry averages. The workload is staggering; it's hard to take pride in your work when you don't have the time to do your best. I struggle with not being able to do my best for the residents.
Pros
Supportive management. Employee incentives. Benefits.
Cons
Short staffed. Unmanageable workload. Inability to accomplish all tasks efficiently.
good work culture
Maintenance Person (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 March 2015
Enjoyed working with the residents as well as my co-workers, all great people. Good people to work with, very supportive. Overall pleasant place to work.
Pros
good work culture
Cons
overworked for pay
Great Values: Respect, Compassion, Commitment, Ethics and Service
A Caring Employee (Current Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta6 January 2015
I enjoy working here because of the reasons stated in the Pros. Mainly, this is a good Organization to work with.

However, the wages are quite low. They should be competitive with the wages of the AHS and compensated for the employees' workloads and, therefore, could help to motivate employees and reduce burnouts and sick leaves.
Pros
Supportive management, friendly and caring staff/employees, variety tasks – never feel bored, safe work environment, good opportunities for demonstrating ones’ abilities to work, learning, developing and advancement
Cons
Workload - overloaded, Wages - low, the wages for the highest level here for Maintenance, Unit Clerks, Therapy Assistants and Cooks are about the same as the lowest level of the AHS, or even lower, too many sick calls
Good company !
Manager. (Former Employee) –  Calgary,AB5 September 2014
I worked as a manager there. Unfortuantely, they gave me a lot of duties. I clearly understand,that this is way to save money: to have one manager,instead 3 supervisors. But ! In general this is really a good company,especially for HCAs,nurses, housekeepers. Food service department is busy,as usual. Conversly,there is smooth, steady style of work,good wages,no stress,good management.
A great company that I would return to work for.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 July 2012
The 'group' is really a group. Collaberation is always the main value that Intercare promoted, at all levels of workers.
Pros
colaberttion
Cons
salary not significant