Intercare Corporate Group

Intercare Corporate Group Employee Reviews

Canada20 reviews
I worked there for 6.5 years. It was a good experience. Good company to work for. Fast passes busy company. Fair. HR manager is easy to talk to. People are nice. I created many great relationships over the years.
a typical day at work will be report, giving meds to 26-27 residents, dressing change, family meeting, processing doctors orders and supervising your health care aides.You have 2 x 30 minute breaks . I love the residents, love most of the staff but just like other work place, politics exist so it's good to be conservative in conversations.The hardest part of the job is just budgeting your time to accomplish all the task that needs to be done in your shift.Most enjoyable part of the job is taking care of the clients, you fall in love with them!
Time management in feeding the resident's is the hardest part, some of them were assigned in different dining area. Collaboration with the team is important to get the things done.
Under staffed for hospice, overworked and under paid. Manager expects us to go above and beyond for every patient, even if we miss our breaks. No pay for missed breaks. Some RNs and LPNs dismiss the HCAs and are hard to approach, it's walking on egg shells around them. Manager won't do anything about bullying and doesn't listen when you complain, instead arguing with you that you are wrong. Not a lot of support. Keep your sanity and find a job else where!
Pros
Small unit
Cons
Bullying, over worked, under paid, no management support
Job work/life balance is ok. You get the time you want off, but you're also expected to stay after shift when needed with no extra pay. Salary is low. Overall $2-3/hr less compared to AHS. Benefits suck. You have to use their pharmacy online to fill maintenance meds. Job security if you have a line. Manager plays favourites when lines open. Management will support all staff, even if they are lazy or not performing well or bullying others. Management does not handle staff conflict, instead asking you to tolerate bullying behaviour and minimizing your experience. Upper management has an anti bullying policy that they themselves don't follow. Some staff are great, but some are grumpy old nurses who shouldn't have been nurses in the first place and some are lazy that make team work very difficult! It's hard enough dealing with end of life anyway! Staffing ratio is OK for a smaller unit. Used to be a great place to work but slowly going to the pits. Recommended for middle aged nurses willing to take a pay cut to try something different as a casual thing on the side.
Pros
Time off when wanted, manager stands up for staff, some supportive staff
Cons
Bullying culture, low pay, some lazy staff and bullying, manager does not like conflict and asks you to tolerate bullying behaviour
As I am a student I always have job to come back to when I come home for the summer. It was easy to transfer to a different location, and the managers and other staff are all amazing to work with.
People are encouraging each other to become member of the team. Most of them are showing the importance of one another. Most of all they put safety first at all times for everyone.
Great organization, looking to be the best in the industry within Alberta. Upper management doesn't always recognize the heavy work load on the front line staff though. Always pushing to do more, with the same number of staff, even though the clients are getting more clinically complex
The staff are amazing but management are bullies and encourage workplace bullying. Also they work staff to burnout then expect more and more. They are never satisfied with a job well done and will always find something to complain about. Shoving more and more people into rooms that are meant to only be one person to increase income. The wages aren’t great either.
Cons
Expects overtime
To take of Building operation equipment like boilers, HVAC, mechanical, plumbing, electrical system for safe and efficient running.

I learnt operating healthcare related equipment.

Management is OK, but as it is a family run company sometimes shows autocratic decisions.

Hardest part of job was to handle problems when on call and having identical problems in all four facilities, specially during winter.
Pros
Staff parties, specially Christmas party
Cons
Driving between four facilities
The staff & management team are fantastic, though the CEO is quite cold. Great incentives to promote team building and encourage you to be the best you can be at work. However, the wages are not competitive. In fact, they are on the low side.
Horrible company to work for! Work place bullying is common and not dealt with! If you are Caucasian you will be picked on by the Filipino community that literally runs this company!!
really nice place to work at. I learned a lot within my 8 years of working at this company and i would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a job in this field
My typical day at work would be first listening to the reports then helping the patients daily living. I've learned to solve problems I have also learned how to provide the best environment and experience for my patient. I always like to work in a supportive environment. The hardest part of the job as a Health Care Aid is experiencing patients pass away. The most enjoyable part of my job is making my patients happy.
People are all nice that you are able to enjoy your job. I have I think a very good training to understand every role I did. This job is very different for me, this is my first time to work in a facility like this.
Pros
High wages
Cons
No guaranteed hours
The co-workers and management are fantastic. Very supportive. Though the company has incentive programs to encourage us to work harder & better, the wages are quite low; lower than industry averages. The workload is staggering; it's hard to take pride in your work when you don't have the time to do your best. I struggle with not being able to do my best for the residents.
Pros
Supportive management. Employee incentives. Benefits.
Cons
Short staffed. Unmanageable workload. Inability to accomplish all tasks efficiently.
Enjoyed working with the residents as well as my co-workers, all great people. Good people to work with, very supportive. Overall pleasant place to work.
Pros
good work culture
Cons
overworked for pay
I enjoy working here because of the reasons stated in the Pros. Mainly, this is a good Organization to work with.

However, the wages are quite low. They should be competitive with the wages of the AHS and compensated for the employees' workloads and, therefore, could help to motivate employees and reduce burnouts and sick leaves.
Pros
Supportive management, friendly and caring staff/employees, variety tasks – never feel bored, safe work environment, good opportunities for demonstrating ones’ abilities to work, learning, developing and advancement
Cons
Workload - overloaded, Wages - low, the wages for the highest level here for Maintenance, Unit Clerks, Therapy Assistants and Cooks are about the same as the lowest level of the AHS, or even lower, too many sick calls
I worked as a manager there. Unfortuantely, they gave me a lot of duties. I clearly understand,that this is way to save money: to have one manager,instead 3 supervisors. But ! In general this is really a good company,especially for HCAs,nurses, housekeepers. Food service department is busy,as usual. Conversly,there is smooth, steady style of work,good wages,no stress,good management.
The 'group' is really a group. Collaberation is always the main value that Intercare promoted, at all levels of workers.
Pros
colaberttion
Cons
salary not significant