Interbake Foods Employee Reviews

Good place to work, some people can be difficult.
Machine operator/ break relief operator. (Current Employee) –  Front Royal, VA7 November 2018
Good place to work. Jobs are not too difficult. Great benefits. Decent amount of overtime. Lots of new managers but are doing a good job so far, I’m leaving only because I’m re-locating.
Stressful environment
Packer (Current Employee) –  Somerset, PA7 November 2018
Management is terrible. Most departments do not get paid the wages they deserve. Very fast paced job with no help or understanding from management. Pay increase has been requested numerous times and has been ignored EVERY time. It is a very stressful environment
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Too many to write down
Worse job I've ever had
Packer (Current Employee) –  Somerset, PA6 November 2018
Fast paced,not enough people to do the job,expect to much from you,people come to work and leave after a couple days.Factory across street has hired 6 of our people,more money less stress.
Pros
Getting off at 2pm
Cons
Work environment, little pay
Consuming and Cut throat
Resource Leader (Former Employee) –  North Sioux City, SD31 October 2018
The demands on you mentally, physically as well as your time in the week are enormous.

The upper levels of management and HR are devious and inconsistent.

Expect to be overloaded with daily, weekly and yearly tasks while being expected to keep work flow going. If there are equipment breakdowns or process issues ( which happen a lot) you are responsible to deal with that on top of everything else like IT problems, people issues, lack of mechanics and bad materials or ingredients. In the end you run out of time that day which will be tacked on to the next day. As your deficit grows there is no help or understanding or the proper tools necessary to do what's expected of you. So you have to be innovative and resourceful making your own tools which takes more time out of your week and is not appreciated by the upper levels of the company. Even if you share it with others.

If they decide they want to cast blame on you for something they will go back and find something on you to create a case. Things never mentioned to you as a problem in the past will suddenly be paramount and you will be punished without warning or a chance to make changes. In my case they used that as a pretense to force me to another shift as punishment.

While the pay and benefits are pretty good, its also a trap. You become dependent on that and they know they have you. They can treat any way they desire and with a check mate attitude.
Experience in multiple sectors!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA22 October 2018
I interned at Interbake Foods through the Cochrane Economic Program. I was assigned a head supervisor but shadowed multiple leaders in multiple areas of the company, just as Communications, Marketing, etc. Throughout my time with Interbake foods, I collected data from a variety of food distributors and presented on the findings.
Fast paced
product packer (Former Employee) –  Front Royal30 September 2018
Not a very good place to work if you are not of Spanish decent. The schedule needs work daily it is changing, you could think you're off for 3 days and then next thing you know before you leave you're working 12-hour shifts for the next 4 days
nice place to work
Accounting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA10 September 2018
I enjoyed my time at Interbake Foods. I learned a great deal while there. The company is driven by its mission statement and treats employees with respect
Pros
flexible
Cons
30 min lunch
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  North Sioux City, SD6 August 2018
I worked there for 6 years....management was decent...co workers were ok...good money and benefits..in warehouse we only worked 4 or 5 days...but 12 hour shifts...
Pros
Great benefits
I really don’t know what to write because I haven’t been out there for 17 years
Retired (Former Employee) –  Trolley31 July 2018
Management does not care about the employees. They make you work overtime and Saturdays and sometimes Sundays. It used to be a better place to work when I was out there than it is now .I really don’t know a lot about the way that it is right now except that I hear a lot of people complaining about the way things go out there now and I’m so glad that I got out of there when I did
Cons
Your breaks are timed and if you’re a minute late you get a letter
great while it lasted
COUNCIL SERVICES COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Virginia27 July 2018
It was great while it lasted. culture was very stressful during the lengthy down sizing...stressful during cookie season but management appreciated personnel and often provided lunch, lots of training, some company sponsored travel, always a great experience.
Pros
Team work made the dream work
Cons
down sized
sanitation
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  VA24 July 2018
For me the job was not hard what made it hard was the other coworkers and the fact that its really hard to move up in the company. My management was great but I know it was hard for others.
Interbake Foods, competitive but poor manegment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VA21 July 2018
I liked working at Interbake Foods, the pay was in my opinion really good and they had benefits to match. The work place was competitive and good paced. When I worked there it was a new building with an old experienced company the influx of upper management and most of the line leads didn't know how to do the jobs of the people under them creating an unhealthy work environment for the workers. If they have fixed this problem from years ago Interbake Foods can be a great place to work.
good place to work
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VA8 June 2018
good place to work great benefits and good employees to work with
good work environment payed for schooling and time off with years served. the hours were great
Pros
good place
Good Place to work
Manager, Corporate Packaging, CPP (Current Employee) –  Front Royal, VA5 April 2018
Interbake Foods is a good employer and I really enjoy it, even though very high paced and stressful. Going through reorg which makes everyone nervous about their immediate future.
Pros
Pays well and good workign environment
Cons
1 hr. drive to work and high stress environment
Awful place to work
Worker (Former Employee) –  Somerset, PA7 January 2018
Would never recommend this place!! Lack of help to new employees and they think u should be able to do as yrs experienced workers. Workers look down on new hires and don't give help
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Place sucks
Overworked but paid well.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  South Dakota26 October 2017
Management, for who I dealt with at least were all pretty nice and easy to get along with. They treated everybody the same.

Base pay is acceptable as it's really an easy job. The hours are terrible, you will work 6 days a week and 1-2 Sundays a month. Typically 12 hour shifts when you first start. Then depending on how many are hired after you, you might get to work a few 8 hour days.
Pros
Overtime money.
Cons
Overtime.
Fun at times, very competitive other times
Accounting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJ13 September 2017
Accounts receivable your standard, invoicing etc. I learned that being in a click matters. Management was adequate. The hardest part of my job was trying to ignore the pettiness. The most enjoyable part of my job was what I did.
Pros
Semi independence
Cons
The coworkers
not too bad
Maintenance mechanic (Current Employee) –  Front Royal, VA18 August 2017
it is an ok place to work and the pay is the best you can get in the area. The day to day pace changes everyday and you never know what you will be doing.
great pay, decent work, HORRIBLE management!
Machine Operator- Packaging (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VA1 August 2017
The work is fairly easy, depending on the line you work on the overtime is manageable. The pay rate is very good and the benefits are great!. The downside- management is useless, HR isn't very helpful.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
management
Interbake food
Sanitation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Sioux City, SD12 July 2017
You will make a lot of money but you will spend a great deal of time there. The supervisors in production are usually someone friend that how the get promoted.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interbake Foods. Our community is ready to answer.