Interbake Foods Employee Reviews

Fast paced
product packer (Former Employee) –  Front Royal30 September 2018
Not a very good place to work if you are not of Spanish decent. The schedule needs work daily it is changing, you could think you're off for 3 days and then next thing you know before you leave you're working 12-hour shifts for the next 4 days
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  North Sioux City, SD6 August 2018
I worked there for 6 years....management was decent...co workers were ok...good money and benefits..in warehouse we only worked 4 or 5 days...but 12 hour shifts...
Pros
Great benefits
I really don’t know what to write because I haven’t been out there for 17 years
Retired (Former Employee) –  Trolley31 July 2018
Management does not care about the employees. They make you work overtime and Saturdays and sometimes Sundays. It used to be a better place to work when I was out there than it is now .I really don’t know a lot about the way that it is right now except that I hear a lot of people complaining about the way things go out there now and I’m so glad that I got out of there when I did
Cons
Your breaks are timed and if you’re a minute late you get a letter
great while it lasted
COUNCIL SERVICES COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Virginia27 July 2018
It was great while it lasted. culture was very stressful during the lengthy down sizing...stressful during cookie season but management appreciated personnel and often provided lunch, lots of training, some company sponsored travel, always a great experience.
Pros
Team work made the dream work
Cons
down sized
sanitation
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  VA24 July 2018
For me the job was not hard what made it hard was the other coworkers and the fact that its really hard to move up in the company. My management was great but I know it was hard for others.
Interbake Foods, competitive but poor manegment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VA21 July 2018
I liked working at Interbake Foods, the pay was in my opinion really good and they had benefits to match. The work place was competitive and good paced. When I worked there it was a new building with an old experienced company the influx of upper management and most of the line leads didn't know how to do the jobs of the people under them creating an unhealthy work environment for the workers. If they have fixed this problem from years ago Interbake Foods can be a great place to work.
good place to work
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VA8 June 2018
good place to work great benefits and good employees to work with
good work environment payed for schooling and time off with years served. the hours were great
Pros
good place
Good Place to work
Manager, Corporate Packaging, CPP (Current Employee) –  Front Royal, VA5 April 2018
Interbake Foods is a good employer and I really enjoy it, even though very high paced and stressful. Going through reorg which makes everyone nervous about their immediate future.
Pros
Pays well and good workign environment
Cons
1 hr. drive to work and high stress environment
Awful place to work
Worker (Former Employee) –  Somerset, PA7 January 2018
Would never recommend this place!! Lack of help to new employees and they think u should be able to do as yrs experienced workers. Workers look down on new hires and don't give help
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Place sucks
Fun at times, very competitive other times
Accounting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJ13 September 2017
Accounts receivable your standard, invoicing etc. I learned that being in a click matters. Management was adequate. The hardest part of my job was trying to ignore the pettiness. The most enjoyable part of my job was what I did.
Pros
Semi independence
Cons
The coworkers
not too bad
Maintenance mechanic (Current Employee) –  Front Royal, VA18 August 2017
it is an ok place to work and the pay is the best you can get in the area. The day to day pace changes everyday and you never know what you will be doing.
great pay, decent work, HORRIBLE management!
Machine Operator- Packaging (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VA1 August 2017
The work is fairly easy, depending on the line you work on the overtime is manageable. The pay rate is very good and the benefits are great!. The downside- management is useless, HR isn't very helpful.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
management
Interbake food
Sanitation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Sioux City, SD12 July 2017
You will make a lot of money but you will spend a great deal of time there. The supervisors in production are usually someone friend that how the get promoted.
Challenging and fast paced work enviorment
Senior Procurement Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VA15 June 2017
Negative would be matrix structure and not clear over all strategy. Positives are opportunity to stretch and work with many different functions can result in conflicting priorities.
Good benefits good pay
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VA12 June 2017
The plant and the benefits are good the employee are friendly and helpful.some of the staff are not pleasant the work shedule changes day to day week to week with little or no notice
Pros
11 holidays some weekends off regular shift
Cons
Line schedule is always changing .staff not all on same page job security comes in question
temp job
EXECUTIVE HR ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  North Sioux City, SD9 June 2017
I loved all aspects of this job. The only aspect I didn't not like was that it was only a temporary position and when my time was up it was up and I had to leave the family I had become a part of.
Pros
everything
Excellect place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VA9 May 2017
Great place to work if you are one of the lucky ones to work only 5 days a week. the plant is warm but not too hot. fast pace if you like to work. Great people working there always laughing and having fun.
Pros
Excellent money
Cons
7 days a week
Fast Pace workplace
Custom Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OH23 February 2017
Very fast pace work place. Must be good at time management and multi tasking. Training is below average so must be able to self teach. Great Co workers.
Pros
several company paid lunches
Cons
No advancement
Interbake
Packaging Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJ17 October 2016
Company management was good and was easy to communicate with. The hours were reasonable and co-workers were very well informed about their protocols.
too many hours in a week.
Production Worker/Packer (Current Employee) –  North Sioux City, SD13 October 2016
I like the hours 7-3, but do not enjoy working 12 days in a row. Need family time. I like working with the people (co-workers). It used to be a fun place to work until 4 years ago. New management took over. Now it's time to move on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interbake Foods. Our community is ready to answer.